PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
This thread deserves its own front page article.
Reading this thread makes me want to go back to a tube tv circa 1990. oh wait, I do have a tube tv. scratch that. lol.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm going to bow out of this. I will summarize gTen's style here with a series of quotes.
First. here is what sparked it all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
3D is cool in theaters..but even on TVs its so and so and on a smartphone its a meh...There is a reason why TV sales are down...cause the majority don't care for 3D much...aka its one of those features that wouldn't hurt but not a deal breaker for most. and for 25$ you can make any screen 3d and better then the parralex barrier used on the Evo3d too...
Seriously, it's such a ridiculous claim to say that tv sales are down because people don't care about 3D. Hello, global economic recession? 3D tv sales are actually up by the way. But on top of that, he clearly said "and for 25$ you can make any screen 3d" which is also a ridiculous statement.

When I called him on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
And there is no way you can spend $25 and convert a 55 inch tv into a 3D tv.
He said:
Quote:
not for 25$...but it can be done..
He then argued this point for 4 or 5 pages, and then "proved" his point by saying:
Quote:
They dont come in those large sizes..yet...

DigInfo TV - Pic3D Film Makes Any LCD Display 3D
So basically, he didn't know what he was talking about from the start, and still argued it for 4 or 5 pages. And then he acted like he somehow won the argument by proving himself wrong in the end.

I am done with it. But I had to post the summary to explain to everyone what they missed when they certainly skip over the last several pages.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
I'm going to bow out of this. I will summarize gTen's style here with a series of quotes.
That is very nice of you to summarize it but take into account that a summary is usually done by a neutral 3rd party...effectively your trying to summarize on how I am wrong and you were never ever wrong...

Quote:

Seriously, it's such a ridiculous claim to say that tv sales are down because people don't care about 3D. Hello, global economic recession? 3D tv sales are actually up by the way. But on top of that, he clearly said "and for 25$ you can make any screen 3d" which is also a ridiculous statement.
Well when 3d tvs never existed..then obviously sales would be up of 3d tvs...even if 1 sold and there were 0 before..that would be called sales going up..I am not saying they aren't selling but fact of the matter is 3d tvs are not influencing the majority of people to buy tvs..and I am not the only one who feels that:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...ales-hollywood

As for 25$ I clearly said 25$ for cellphones....but in principle any screen can be turned to 3d using the same method...

Quote:

He said:

He then argued this point for 4 or 5 pages, and then "proved" his point by saying:

So basically, he didn't know what he was talking about from the start, and still argued it for 4 or 5 pages. And then he acted like he somehow won the argument by proving himself wrong in the end.
um..translation please?

Quote:
I am done with it. But I had to post the summary to explain to everyone what they missed when they certainly skip over the last several pages.
you summarized nothing...you took 2 quotes out of context and changed them completely and claimed you were right simply because this article was published..just because something is published should not make you turn a 180...

This is equivalent to playing politics when politicians go on TV and start saying random things on how the other guy is wrong without providing any detail.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:

you summarized nothing...you took 2 quotes out of context and changed them completely and claimed you were right simply because this article was published..just because something is published should not make you turn a 180...

This is equivalent to playing politics when politicians go on TV and start saying random things on how the other guy is wrong without providing any detail.
The battle has intensified with a straw man accusation!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

refudiation!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
3D is cool in theaters..but even on TVs its so and so and on a smartphone its a meh...There is a reason why TV sales are down...cause the majority don't care for 3D much...aka its one of those features that wouldn't hurt but not a deal breaker for most. and for 25$ you can make any screen 3d and better then the parralex barrier used on the Evo3d too...

Quote:
He said:
Quote:
Quote:

By the way, I made sure I had the links to the original posts in all of my quotes. If anyone believes the ridiculous claim that I changed any quotes or took them out of context, just click the links and read the original for yourself.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 07-28-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Again..a summary has to be done by a neutral 3d party..not someone who is conveniently leaving out 99% of the details they don't like..

Quote:
Quote:
I answered this in post above...

Quote:
Quote:
He said:
Quote:
Quote:

Again..this is an example where you are cherry picking things out of context....

"aka its one of those features that wouldn't hurt but not a deal breaker for most.<-(Notice the period) and for 25$ you can make any screen 3d and better then the parralex barrier used on the Evo3d too..."

aka those 2 sentences are on different topics. The 2nd sentence specifically mentions Evo 3d and parralex barrier...That is why I put a PERIOD there...Though usually I put a line break as well but I guess that didn't happen...

And notice all the other sentences have "..." hence continuing of same thought...

Quote:

By the way, I made sure I had the links to the original posts in all of my quotes. If anyone believes the ridiculous claim that I changed any quotes or took them out of context, just click the links and read the original for yourself.
Again a you only summarized 1 out of the 10 topics we discussed..and not only that you summarized your own misunderstanding of what I said...

(watch this orangekid >.> lol)

I suggest that everyone who is interested to go back and read the whole thing of what BlackDynamite DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW..hence him giving his so called "summaries" >.> *whistle*
Old 07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

Quote:
He said:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-28-2011, 04:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

BlackDynamite, now your just spamming...
Old 07-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

I like my Evo 3D.

With or without the 3D I'd still pick it over the Samsung, just because.

But I'll admit both phones are kickass.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison