PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i930, TP & TP2
Carrier: Sprint & Nextel

hunterintusttin is keeping up the good workhunterintusttin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Hate Winmo For these reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
1. Apps are better In android Marketplace & Apple Marketplace
You should for quality and not quantity because how many apps are just useless?

Quote:
2. Too many Bugs with Stock roms
No OS is perfect

Quote:
3. Htc sense SUCKS
If you don't like it on WinMo, kill it.

Quote:
4. Facebook App. Sucks compared to Apple & android App
I prefer real friends and don't use Facebook.

Quote:
5. There isn't enough apps
More as you think, especially free apps (check Omarket)

Quote:
6. Internet Explorer Sucks balls
Use Opera if you don't like IE

Quote:
7. No Google Voice Search Feature
Not a deal breaker either. I found a couple of nice WinMo apps to take care of all my GV needs.

Quote:
8. Windows OS Cannot Compare to Android And apple.
Sure because WinOS been very nice to hack and customize.

Quote:
Tp2 Definitely not worth the 600 Dollars i spent
I guess you got ripped off because I don't think anybody paid full price. I got mine the first day and paid a total of $99 on contract renewal.

Quote:
Android Should have been on the tp2. Case Closed.
Well, check out the TP2 Android forum and get your fix.

Quote:
This is my first winmo phone and will be my last!. If windows had a better marketplace i would not be so annoyed.
You don't see the value of the phone. Go and get a toy and you see that WinMo is not as bad as you make it to be.

Quote:
If you want to add anything. Feel Free to voice your opinion.
Done|.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Nice avatar! I like mine more though
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
well you are one lucky man then. I'm running energy 235XX, and ive tried the 231XX builds as well. Ive tried Mighty, Tmartin, Icey... still had SOD's on them all, more than once. I suppose i can try turning sense off, and texts i barely keep any, i delete em pretty often. For example, I had a SOD today, and had about 45 texts tops in there.

EDIT: mind givin me a link to your personal rom that i see in the sig lol? Maybe ill give that a shot if you're willing
sure, no problem. I'll upload it later and send you a p.m. for it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:35 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Uh oh Excuse me Child. I did my research. Bought the best phone sprint had. But didnt realize Winmo is such a POS. Its simply garbage. yeah i can flash yeah i can add stuff. Yeah i can research and look for hours for things to put on my Phone. But i dont want to do that nor do i have the time to do that. the point being is i have to spend hours to make my phone better. When android is already better. BING? WTF IS BING. Windows is CRAP!. Its sad to see you guys backing up Windows. Its not your fault. Its their faults were stuck with a shitty operating system. Oh and is win7 suppose to compete with Android and apple? I think not. Still gonna be a peice of crap with a lot of bugs and people asking questions on how to fix their phone cuz they think they bricked it cuz they had to install bunch of shit to make it better. Middle finger in the AIR. WINMO.

I feel like going back to my original NOKIA where my text messages and calls worked. and could play the snake game for hours. Those were the days! Oh also Changing my case! AWESOME

alot of problems with the tp2 came about when sprint released 6.5 with sense 2.5 full of bloatware.
some problems are user caused by putting crap on their phone that doesn't belong or doesn't work with their o.s. maybe if winmo only had one o.s. one one piece of hardware, it would be better. oh wait isn't that what they are trying to do with wp7? android is already getting complaints from the "experts" that they are too fragmented.
this is my second smartphone, and don't act like every smartphone doesn't have its bugs. they all do.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
There is definitely something wrong with Sprint's official release which a lot of the new ROMs are built off of. I finally reverted back to MightyROM Impact (6.5.x/Sense 2.5- pre Sprint release) and haven't had any issues with SODs since.
yes, i think you might be right. alot of cooks are using sprint's 2.5 sense for their builds since it was designed for the tp2.
I wonder if anyone has tested this theory? I don't use sense at all so I'm not the one to know. I just know that I don't get the SOD and I usually have a lot of free memory even at the end of the day I'll have 60-80mb with all the cacheing.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
I just want a fully functioning android OS. on my phone. cuz i love my tp2 design and specs. i just hate WINMO. But i cant get a fully functioning android OS because theres always problem. ALWAYS A PROBLEM just frustrated.
the Samsung Moment has as fully functioning android OS.
you could probably trade someone straight up on craigslist.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
sure, no problem. I'll upload it later and send you a p.m. for it.

thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

WinMo has a lot of people that love it, but also has the same amount that hate it, with very few in between

Don't click me
Old 05-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Every phone/PDA I have had has been oriented toward work. Gotta have good email. Gotta have a good spreadsheet. Gotta have a good database. Gotta have...

If/when I move on, I will have to look long and hard for a database that matches HanDBase. So if I do move from Winslow, my TP2 will be the one I reach for the most. I make lots of call, but I also do lots of data collection. Nothing out there beats the TP2 and its applications for that.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Face it OP...You are just not smart enough to use a Windows Mobile Device.
It's ok!
Really!
They are not for everyone!
Sorry you had a bad experience!
Try something else.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison