PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Hate Winmo For these reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

winmo folks dont play around lol .... u guys r def a dedicated bunch n i can respect that. my gf is gonna b happy im ditching windows ... sometimes when she wants the attention i explain 2 her im setting up my phone. . . again due to an instability issue & had 2 hard reset .. .. .. .. but thats only the case half the time i gotta think of a new excuse
I'm going to get my HD2, it's actually a really great phone.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-21-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post
I love to hate my Touch Pro 2
Right there with you, on all counts, the love & the hate. Almost like you read my mind

OP, I agree with your hates on WinMo too, but there's also plenty to love.

My phone is now unlocked and I'm getting some lovely help building (and learning to build) my first ROM. Not my first choice in how to manage my phone, but...if it gets me there, to a working phone, then I'll have to say it was worthwhile.

No, I don't want a DUMB-phone (iPhone). But why does the choice have to be between REALLY-SUPER-DUMB-phone (iPhone) and REALLY-SUPER-HIGH-MAINTENANCE-phone (WinMo)?

Like you, can't wait to see what the Evo brings. Won't be running out to get it (aside from $-shortage, I still love the TP2 hardware), but will watch, wait, and see if it qualifies to be my next phone...as yet unknown.

The market is ready and waiting for a nicely customizable (note I did not say APPZ) phone that just works....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:27 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I think Sense is actually nice. What don't you like about it? Beats Titanium, IMO.

The main problem I have with WinMo is the messaging app has caused problems for me ever since I can remember. It's terribly slow and bogs down and has constant freezing after the first time you open it. My gf's Hero never does this, and my Evo probably won't either..
case in point. ppl have been complaining about eye candy, so htc started working on different u/i's.. now we have sense, but it's just another layer in the great osi cake. of course things will be slower if 3 different processes are involved.
oh yea, and of course they will be faster with a faster proc.

wm5 FTW!!! lol
Old 05-21-2010, 02:44 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
No, I don't want a DUMB-phone (iPhone).
Ok, I hate Apple as much as most on this site, if not more, but this is not a very true statement. The iPhone is not a dumbphone. lol
Old 05-21-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Ok, I hate Apple as much as most on this site, if not more, but this is not a very true statement. The iPhone is not a dumbphone. lol
I disagree, although not because of any hate of Apple. (don't tell anyone, but I do have a mac at home)

What makes the iPhone not so dumb is its apps...which get spread all over the place in a dumb manner. They're soooo difficult to organize, no way to prioritize (except maybe the four at the bottom). If you want anything that works differently from what Apple wants you to have or to add any functionality to it, you have to have pages and pages of those things, all the same size, in no particular order, and always added in no particular order. Pretty dumb, no?

There is also so little customizing permitted on the iPhone that you can't even say that the phone can be customized. Adding apps isn't customizing. Customizing would be adding folders so that you can organize those apps. And even if you accepted apps as a customization, Apple has control of this and strong arms you into following their rules, even though you purchased the phone free and clear. That's also pretty dumb, at least from my POV, even if pretty smart from Apple's POV.

Ok, so maybe calling the iPhone a dumbphone is a little over the top, but it's not so smart, either Or maybe things have changed since the last time I played with one.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Frankiedog is just getting started

Old 05-21-2010, 09:15 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I love it!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

That was my first Cell Phone on a 80 miuntes a month for $30.00 a month.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
1. Apps are better In android Marketplace & Apple Marketplace
2. Too many Bugs with Stock roms
3. Htc sense SUCKS
4. Facebook App. Sucks compared to Apple & android App
5. There isn't enough apps
6. Internet Explorer Sucks balls
7. No Google Voice Search Feature
8. Windows OS Cannot Compare to Android And apple.
Tp2 Definitely not worth the 600 Dollars i spent
Android Should have been on the tp2. Case Closed.

If you want to add anything. Feel Free to voice your opinion.
I've been a dedicated Winmo user for like 10 years and I'd have to admit that I agree with most of his points. Maybe that is a reason why Windows just simply abandoned Windows Mobile 6.x in favor a completely different OS.

Not there really isn't anything wrong with the TP2 itself. It still is a very nice phone. But it's funny reading dedicated-Winmo users defending the Apps comparison with iPhone and Android.

I have absolutely no problem acknowledging the truth. Iphone and Android apps are better and their marketplace/App store are superior to Winmo. A year ago, there might of been an argument but now it's really no contest.

That doesn't mean the TP2 with Winmo is bad (I still really like it), but at this point in the game it's really the truth.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

LOL....This is kind of funny, I like the humor in the initial post, I feel pretty good with my TP2 and can do so much more than anyone I know with an Iphone or Droid phone at this point. The switch and changes to WP7 will probably make me switch to a TP2 type HTC phone with Droid on it, Like an EVO/TP2 baby. $600 is a bit much to pay for a phone though. You should try to flip your previous phone on ebay and talk Sprint into giving you service credits like the rest of us. Good luck in your phone journey. IMO Android is almost there, but not quite yet for my needs. Maybe when Android 2.8?? comes out I'll switch...LOL I left Palm OS after 7 years, then switched to WM, so Android will be next.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison