PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Hate Winmo For these reasons.

Okay, I posted this in another thread and my wall of text was never acknowledged. (Probably because it's a wall of text, lol)

So allow me to resurrect it here, as I feel it is still relevant.
---

I love to hate my Touch Pro 2, but honestly it is my first smartphone. I really don't think I could of chosen a better phone to start with though. Throughout my life I've always been big on Microsoft, back in the old Pocket PC days I use to drool at the idea of having a computer in my pocket. Heck, I never even owned a laptop (netbook) till I went to college back in '08; so a smartphone was a large step up for me.
With that in mind, I do have a bit of a negative bias for Windows Mobile because it is my only mobile OS platform that I've ever rigorously used. My experiences with WinMo was mostly positive, until I upgraded to 6.5.

I was running the stock Sprint 6.1 since I got the phone back in October '09. When I did end up getting my long over due 6.5 upgrade my phone decided to totally lock up while I was away on vacation. So I pretty much spent 3 days on the road with a bricked Touch Pro 2. When I did get back and had internet to download the upgrade, my problems began to start. Lag everywhere, constantly Manila freezing and crashing. Windows Mobile itself even continually seized up on me. When I exited text messages my phone would freeze, which I later found was because I was storing 2000+ texts. Which was disappointing to me because I enjoyed the fact that I could mass such messages. Now I can't let it get over 20+ threads before I experience issues. On top of that my phone keeps freezing with my screen off, my only option being to pull out the battery and restart the device. Which sucks when I'm texting, e-mailing, or constantly turning my phone's screen on and off. It's a total inconvenience that I'm sick of dealing with!

Edit: I was just reading this thread here on the stock Sprint RAM usage and people noting that the amount of RAM used makes Windows Mobile become unstable. Is that true? Also, I have used SPB mobile shell and while I was impressed I ended up missing Sense way too much to change. I hate the lack of a designated media player built into the shell. Yeah, I could substitute an app or even use Windows Media Player but I like Sense's media player too much.

I still have yet to mess with flashing a ROM as the people both at the Sprint store and CES 2010 told me NOT to flash my phone. I remember discussing flashing ROMs with a Microsoft employee who was sporting an HD2 before they were even released here in the US and he about wanted to smack me for suggesting such a thing. I kind of feel like I am missing out, but I've been too worried to attempt it.

So while I do love my phone and wouldn't trade it for any other phone out there on the market, the Evo seems to be calling me. Why? Yes, it maybe lacking my favorite feature of the TP2, the best mobile phone keyboard to-date. But another HTC device with 720p video, 8mp camera, 4G and the almighty 1GHz processor with a 4.3in screen is almost too much to pass up. It also seems that Android 2.2 will be filling some of the gaps that are still there in the OS. The 4.5x speed increase and Flash/Tethering support is a nice addition. :D

While all of that is nice and all, you want to know what my biggest seller is? Android? Not because, "OH MAI GAWD APPS" (I hate apps). But because it freaking works! I'm sick of constantly having to mess with my phone to fix problems then hard reset or uninstall a bunch of crap just to get it working again. I'll spend 5 minutes customizing my phone and another 3 hours fixing it. I can't take it anymore, I just want it to work! I'm too busy to keep dealing with software failures and a massive lack of updates from both Sprint and HTC. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll never see 6.5.3 and god forbid 6.5.5. It's just dumb seeing as other than the HD2 we are pretty much the leading WinMo device and out there and we still aren't running 6.5.3 officially.
I just read a study today that 1/3 of the Android market is running 2.1, so why is it that Microsoft, HTC and our carrier can't provide us with a 6.5.3 ROM?

I'm speaking all out of my own knowledge, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

- 1. Should I really be that worried about flashing to other ROMs? I would end up voiding my $5 a month insurance plan by doing so. I feel kind of stupid by asking this, but I've done my fair share of research and found no evidence of this; so I can only guess that it cannot be done. But can I Un-Unlock my phone? As in reinstall my Stock Sprint 6.5 ROM and never have Sprint notice I've done it?

- 2. Will I ever see a 6.5.3 update from Sprint, although I'm pretty much preaching to the choir by asking that here. Your guess is probably as good as mine with this one.

- 3. Is Android going to have the same problems that Windows Mobile has? The bugs, the crashing, the incompatibilities? Android seems to provide most of what Windows Mobile has to offer in what looks to be a stabler platform. I just want my phone to work for me, not me have to work for it.

Let me put it to you this way. I went to see a movie with a bunch of Microsoft fan boys on Friday. While waiting for the movie to start an ad for The Kin came up and told everyone there the pros and cons about the platform. Discussing how it's like a 'smart' dumbphone. I concluded my talk with, "I %^#&ing hate Microsoft". They all turned to me with a "What are you talking about!?" look on their face, as if I had just killed their first born or something. I responded with, "I have a Windows Mobile phone" and they all just understood and went back to their iPhones. I mean REALLY!?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Touch Pro 2. The only way I could love it more is if it had a Snapdragon and more RAM. For now, it makes due and I don't regret my purchase what so ever. I wouldn't trade it for any other phone out on the market as we speak. No Droid, no Nexus One, god forbid an iPhone and not even an HD2.

From a Windows Mobile user browsing PPC and XDA on an iMac in Google Chrome, why should I stay with WinMo 6.5? Why are you staying with Windows Mobile?

---
Currently, I'm eyeing the Evo. I'd love to have a 4G device with such a massive screen and awesome peripherals. I've read all the reviews, I know my pros and cons. But I still fear that after it all I'd ending missing Windows Mobile in some sense.
As of lately I haven't been tweaking my TP2 and other than one freeze today it's been pretty flawless. Some annoyances here and there but nothing major. On top of that, 4G is nice. But Opera Mini 5 is probably just as good, I mean I LOVE it to death. The only big thing I could see myself using 4G for is downloading torrents. >.>

Also, my dad, who is technologically retarded, got a Motorola Droid today from his work. I've been setting it up for him and I needless to say I like the way that is actually works out of the box. Allow me to emphasize the WORKS part.

Call me half way here. I understand OP here, the whining and crying but minus the redundant app complaints (I hate apps). I also get the rest of you, Windows Mobile has it pros and I understand the implications of the steep learning curve (Which I get for the most part).

If anyone could answer my three highlighted points and the Sprint ROM question (Which I kind of got the hint of an answer from Mlin's responses) I'd greatly appreciate it. :)
Old 05-21-2010, 06:35 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
Uh oh Excuse me Child. I did my research. Bought the best phone sprint had. But didnt realize Winmo is such a POS.
just because its expensive, big, and has some ok specs doesnt mean its the best phone.. you need to get whats best for you, not whats best in the carriers product line..

and you Obviously didnt research if you had no clue what it entails to own and operate a winmo device.... since just this site even has been around a few years, and theres plenty of winmo info here.... oh wait, maybe it just didnt turn up in your research...

going into the store and playing with a few devices for a few minutes is barely research..(you claim to of done research on Hero,Moment,and TP2, yet failed to even remember Moment had a keyboard).. you shouldve been online and reading product reviews, forum sites with user feed back etc, before you bought the device...

you did half@ss research, so you made a half@ssed decision and didnt know what you were buying... now your just @ssed out!

only thing worse than a complaint thread, is another "i did research, but clearly didnt research thread"

FAIL!

Quote:
Android Should have been on the tp2. Case Closed.

and Android is on the Tp2...i use ANdroid half the day,everyday... maybe you should do some more of your wonderful and ever so in-depth research.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400 lets see any other OS run WinMO and its native OS.. not gonna happen

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-21-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:41 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post
Okay, I posted this in another thread and my wall of text was never acknowledged. (Probably because it's a wall of text, lol)

So allow me to resurrect it here, as I feel it is still relevant.

---

I love to hate my Touch Pro 2, but honestly it is my first smartphone. I really don't think I could of chosen a better phone to start with though. Throughout my life I've always been big on Microsoft, back in the old Pocket PC days I use to drool at the idea of having a computer in my pocket. Heck, I never even owned a laptop (netbook) till I went to college back in '08; so a smartphone was a large step up for me.
With that in mind, I do have a bit of a negative bias for Windows Mobile because it is my only mobile OS platform that I've ever rigorously used. My experiences with WinMo was mostly positive, until I upgraded to 6.5.

I was running the stock Sprint 6.1 since I got the phone back in October '09. When I did end up getting my long over due 6.5 upgrade my phone decided to totally lock up while I was away on vacation. So I pretty much spent 3 days on the road with a bricked Touch Pro 2. When I did get back and had internet to download the upgrade, my problems began to start. Lag everywhere, constantly Manila freezing and crashing. Windows Mobile itself even continually seized up on me. When I exited text messages my phone would freeze, which I later found was because I was storing 2000+ texts. Which was disappointing to me because I enjoyed the fact that I could mass such messages. Now I can't let it get over 20+ threads before I experience issues. On top of that my phone keeps freezing with my screen off, my only option being to pull out the battery and restart the device. Which sucks when I'm texting, e-mailing, or constantly turning my phone's screen on and off. It's a total inconvenience that I'm sick of dealing with!

Edit: I was just reading this thread here on the stock Sprint RAM usage and people noting that the amount of RAM used makes Windows Mobile become unstable. Is that true? Also, I have used SPB mobile shell and while I was impressed I ended up missing Sense way too much to change. I hate the lack of a designated media player built into the shell. Yeah, I could substitute an app or even use Windows Media Player but I like Sense's media player too much.

I still have yet to mess with flashing a ROM as the people both at the Sprint store and CES 2010 told me NOT to flash my phone. I remember discussing flashing ROMs with a Microsoft employee who was sporting an HD2 before they were even released here in the US and he about wanted to smack me for suggesting such a thing. I kind of feel like I am missing out, but I've been too worried to attempt it.

So while I do love my phone and wouldn't trade it for any other phone out there on the market, the Evo seems to be calling me. Why? Yes, it maybe lacking my favorite feature of the TP2, the best mobile phone keyboard to-date. But another HTC device with 720p video, 8mp camera, 4G and the almighty 1GHz processor with a 4.3in screen is almost too much to pass up. It also seems that Android 2.2 will be filling some of the gaps that are still there in the OS. The 4.5x speed increase and Flash/Tethering support is a nice addition.

While all of that is nice and all, you want to know what my biggest seller is? Android? Not because, "OH MAI GAWD APPS" (I hate apps). But because it freaking works! I'm sick of constantly having to mess with my phone to fix problems then hard reset or uninstall a bunch of crap just to get it working again. I'll spend 5 minutes customizing my phone and another 3 hours fixing it. I can't take it anymore, I just want it to work! I'm too busy to keep dealing with software failures and a massive lack of updates from both Sprint and HTC. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll never see 6.5.3 and god forbid 6.5.5. It's just dumb seeing as other than the HD2 we are pretty much the leading WinMo device and out there and we still aren't running 6.5.3 officially.
I just read a study today that 1/3 of the Android market is running 2.1, so why is it that Microsoft, HTC and our carrier can't provide us with a 6.5.3 ROM?

I'm speaking all out of my own knowledge, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

- 1. Should I really be that worried about flashing to other ROMs? I would end up voiding my $5 a month insurance plan by doing so. I feel kind of stupid by asking this, but I've done my fair share of research and found no evidence of this; so I can only guess that it cannot be done. But can I Un-Unlock my phone? As in reinstall my Stock Sprint 6.5 ROM and never have Sprint notice I've done it?
dude just do it... you think if sprint could tell wed all be doing it.. ok, well sure we would... but no, sprint wont know... and its called re-locking not un-unlock lol
- 2. Will I ever see a 6.5.3 update from Sprint, although I'm pretty much preaching to the choir by asking that here. Your guess is probably as good as mine with this one.
NO
- 3. Is Android going to have the same problems that Windows Mobile has? The bugs, the crashing, the incompatibilities? Android seems to provide most of what Windows Mobile has to offer in what looks to be a stabler platform. I just want my phone to work for me, not me have to work for it.

if thats the case id never buy another windows device again if i were you... also get an iPhone if you want silly simple... and nothings perfect, its all man made and man isnt perfect

Let me put it to you this way. I went to see a movie with a bunch of Microsoft fan boys on Friday. While waiting for the movie to start an ad for The Kin came up and told everyone there the pros and cons about the platform. Discussing how it's like a 'smart' dumbphone. I concluded my talk with, "I %^#&ing hate Microsoft". They all turned to me with a "What are you talking about!?" look on their face, as if I had just killed their first born or something. I responded with, "I have a Windows Mobile phone" and they all just understood and went back to their iPhones. I mean REALLY!?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Touch Pro 2. The only way I could love it more is if it had a Snapdragon and more RAM. For now, it makes due and I don't regret my purchase what so ever. I wouldn't trade it for any other phone out on the market as we speak. No Droid, no Nexus One, god forbid an iPhone and not even an HD2.

From a Windows Mobile user browsing PPC and XDA on an iMac in Google Chrome, why should I stay with WinMo 6.5? Why are you staying with Windows Mobile?

---
Currently, I'm eyeing the Evo. I'd love to have a 4G device with such a massive screen and awesome peripherals. I've read all the reviews, I know my pros and cons. But I still fear that after it all I'd ending missing Windows Mobile in some sense.
As of lately I haven't been tweaking my TP2 and other than one freeze today it's been pretty flawless. Some annoyances here and there but nothing major. On top of that, 4G is nice. But Opera Mini 5 is probably just as good, I mean I LOVE it to death. The only big thing I could see myself using 4G for is downloading torrents. >.>

Also, my dad, who is technologically retarded, got a Motorola Droid today from his work. I've been setting it up for him and I needless to say I like the way that is actually works out of the box. Allow me to emphasize the WORKS part.

Call me half way here. I understand OP here, the whining and crying but minus the redundant app complaints (I hate apps). I also get the rest of you, Windows Mobile has it pros and I understand the implications of the steep learning curve (Which I get for the most part).

If anyone could answer my three highlighted points and the Sprint ROM question (Which I kind of got the hint of an answer from Mlin's responses) I'd greatly appreciate it.
and this was restructured from another post??? geez man, you need to take an editing class... id say its still a wall.. hell, thats the Great Wall Of WTF lol

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-21-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
1. Apps are better In android Marketplace & Apple Marketplace
2. Too many Bugs with Stock roms
3. Htc sense SUCKS
4. Facebook App. Sucks compared to Apple & android App
5. There isn't enough apps
6. Internet Explorer Sucks balls
7. No Google Voice Search Feature
8. Windows OS Cannot Compare to Android And apple.
Tp2 Definitely not worth the 600 Dollars i spent

This is my first winmo phone and will be my last!. If windows had a better marketplace i would not be so annoyed.

If you want to add anything. Feel Free to voice your opinion.
1. Get an android phone then! Its that flippin simple
2. Build your own rom or find one on this site. Theres TONS
3. Use something else, like MaxSense or SPB Mobile Shell
4. Use m.facebook.com works AWESOME for me.
5. I have all the apps i ever need and when i need another one I can easily find it with google.
6. Use opera, skype, firefox
7. Google Maps has it.
8. Go buy an android phone of iPhone.

Its a simple case of user error. You dont see the people who know how to operate there phone complain do you? NO!

Seriously go buy an iphone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:01 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Just get the iPhone and be done with it. These threads are dumb waste space. The OP wasn't looking for help or advice .... he just wanted to cry and get attention.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
3. Htc sense SUCKS

This is my first winmo phone and will be my last!. If windows had a better marketplace i would not be so annoyed.

thats all i gotta say about that

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

winmo folks dont play around lol .... u guys r def a dedicated bunch n i can respect that. my gf is gonna b happy im ditching windows ... sometimes when she wants the attention i explain 2 her im setting up my phone. . . again due to an instability issue & had 2 hard reset .. .. .. .. but thats only the case half the time i gotta think of a new excuse
Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 2.1updated

Mac11700 is a n00b

Quote:
3. Htc sense SUCKS

I had 4 Hero's 2 Moments and now have 3 Hero's and 1 TP 2 on my family plan. My TP 2 is the only one that hasn't gone back to the store for various reason. Android phones ar nice if you don't ever have to rush doing things on them or are standing still and not walking while tying to make a call or so anything else.(If only life was so easy & simple )

I am not a professional IT person,nor a person who has to have 4 or 5 apps open at 1 time. I'm just a person who has to have a device that works all the time and my android phones don't do that.

If all you want to do is play games and load up a bunch of stupid applications,that drain your battery in 2 hours,heck man go buy one,but I know I won't be in such a rush to go back to them.

I was told at the Sprint store to get the 6.1 instead of the 6.5 Windows phone.This wasn't by just a salesman,but by their lead technician.If I were you,I would make a trip into the store and ask which has given the least amount of problems and go from there.The tech I worked with even went as far as to load up a couple cab files that make this phone even better..unfortunately I don't really know which ones since I am still new to this phone,but will ask him if you want to try the 6.1 phone.

For me,this is my first Windows phone of any kind,and I can say coming from a Android Hero it is a huge step up in quality and piece of mind.The dialer on this phone works,and being able to slide across the bottom for what I need while moving is easy and works great. I suspect the new Android phones will have new bugs as well,since all of them do to some extent or the other.As far as getting apps for these,the others has shown you where to go for them.

Take a look at the 6.1 phones and see if this doesn't work for you,that is of-course if you want to have a stable working phone.If you have your heart set on getting a cute little toy to play with,then by all means go for one of the Android phones,btw,from what I've read about them,you will be paying almost $40 more by the time it's all said and done for them if you want all of the latest whiz bang things with them.

Mac
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

my dialer sux ... large portion of times after pressing send to make the call it holds up a sec or 2 .. then half the screen switches over to my today screen ... p.i.t.a .. ask for a fix n get a "hard reset or flash a rom" ehh im good .. i have issues i dont bother mentioning cuz majority of folks dont really know a fix other then what u smart folks post up here anyways ... to each his own n i am sure plenty of ppl will report back their evo findings be it good or bad. but i did read on a dif forum a person who already has 1 & apparently it well . . . sh!ts on tp2 but maybe he is just happy to have an actual device ready out of the box
Old 05-21-2010, 11:33 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I still love my TP2, but I agree that Microsoft's FB app is terrible, lol. I think Sense is actually nice. What don't you like about it? Beats Titanium, IMO.

The main problem I have with WinMo is the messaging app has caused problems for me ever since I can remember. It's terribly slow and bogs down and has constant freezing after the first time you open it. My gf's Hero never does this, and my Evo probably won't either.

Her Hero wasn't all that great running on 1.5 Android, but 2.1 absolutely screams on that phone and it's a pleasure to use.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison