PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 12:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

krewblink is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Hate Winmo For these reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I've been a dedicated Winmo user for like 10 years and I'd have to admit that I agree with most of his points. Maybe that is a reason why Windows just simply abandoned Windows Mobile 6.x in favor a completely different OS.

Not there really isn't anything wrong with the TP2 itself. It still is a very nice phone. But it's funny reading dedicated-Winmo users defending the Apps comparison with iPhone and Android.

I have absolutely no problem acknowledging the truth. Iphone and Android apps are better and their marketplace/App store are superior to Winmo. A year ago, there might of been an argument but now it's really no contest.

That doesn't mean the TP2 with Winmo is bad (I still really like it), but at this point in the game it's really the truth.

Thank you!.. Finally a member who finally steps out their bubble & realizes that Winmo Is going down the drain unless wp7 is spectacular. (which probably is not going to happen) The tp2 design itself is amazing. But theres not enough apps and features to go around in winmo, it cant compare to Android or Iphone. For god sakes Android has the Coolest Bank of america App. but since i have a windows phone i have to go through my web browser.. Sorry its just sad. and not that same as the app. i cant wait till the sound and power functions work in android Dev.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

what i dont get is why cant they just design somethint that works .. y is it so fkn buggy & laggy . y is it unreliable without modding the sht out of it & then sill not all that great ?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i think he's just upset he spent 600 on a tp2 and the next day he found out the EVO 4g was coming soon after.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

krewblink is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i think he's just upset he spent 600 on a tp2 and the next day he found out the EVO 4g was coming soon after.
Naw man i got my tp2 about 5 months ago. Im just sick and of all my buddies having better phones than mine and they paid less. im over venting. This thread got alot of responses and views though. Nice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

instead of blaming winmo, maybe u should just get angry at sprint. u said this is the best phone they offer and it obviously doesn't fill your needs. what you were looking for was a nexus one or iphone. shouldve returned the tp2 in the first 30 days and switched carriers!

i don't get the ranting though seeing how the evo 4g is going to be released very soon. i'd be excited as hell if i was in your shoes, the best phone on the planet is coming to sprint. you bought your tp2 at the full 600 which means you didn't sign any contracts. you can still sell it on ebay and get 250-300 for it and the evo is only 200 with a contract.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:14 AM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
Uh oh Excuse me Child. I did my research. Bought the best phone sprint had. But didnt realize Winmo is such a POS. Its simply garbage. yeah i can flash yeah i can add stuff. Yeah i can research and look for hours for things to put on my Phone. But i dont want to do that nor do i have the time to do that. the point being is i have to spend hours to make my phone better. When android is already better. BING? WTF IS BING. Windows is CRAP!. Its sad to see you guys backing up Windows. Its not your fault. Its their faults were stuck with a shitty operating system. Oh and is win7 suppose to compete with Android and apple? I think not. Still gonna be a peice of crap with a lot of bugs and people asking questions on how to fix their phone cuz they think they bricked it cuz they had to install bunch of shit to make it better. Middle finger in the AIR. WINMO.

I feel like going back to my original NOKIA where my text messages and calls worked. and could play the snake game for hours. Those were the days! Oh also Changing my case! AWESOME

Only Phone(s) that work with no tinkering or need to install unoffical software are NON-Smartphones and Blackberry's. Maybe Palm's WebOS phones can be included.

iPhone works best when Jail-Broken, Android & Maemo work best when Rooted, and Windows Mobile works best when flashed to a Custom ROM.
Androird is like the medium between the current iPhone OS and Windows Mobile. Still locked down (Try Using One while refusing to use a google account and your SOL, my neighbor hates Google for whatever reason and bought a Droid that sits there....idiot) and the user experience varies per device much like Windows Mobile.

As for an App store the best Apps for the iPhone and for Android are not located in the App stores, so that is a moot point.

Windows Phone 7 is a sore subject to those of us that enjoy the customizaton/exploitation of the current Windows Mobile. And Yes, it is supposed to compete with Android and the iPhone. Microsoft is trying to have the same user experience for every device much like Blackberry's, Symbian, and the iPhone.

And if you brick a Windows Mobile Device, then I'm sure you'll brick the others (Android devices, iPhone) if you truly want the best performance from them. MOST PEOPLE HERE on PPCGEEKS and over at XDA do/did not purchase their Windows Mobile device to use it as intended out-of-the-box. Heck even an iPhone is not fun out of the box nor is Android. With the iPhone you can at least move from one to the other and expect your apps to work. Android is another issue. Some Apps only work on certain devices so if you move to another Android phone the apps may not work(New Google Earth, or Carrier Specific Apps in the store Sprints NFL...etc...). Those that have used Android on the Touch Pro or TP2 might have noticed that when it was being read as a Nexus One you had more Apps in the Android Market then if you are using the Sense Build being registered as a HERO. So I think your just going to end up complaing regardless, but I am pretty confident that they will most likely suit your needs better. But when you get upset because you see a Windows Phone with a newer version of Android then what's officially available on your phone don't go bitching about it. Just suck it up like the masses and move to another phone the next year.

I understand that these devices lead to a very disappointing experience out-of-the-box, but so be it. I have a TP2 because of the capabilities... TV-OUT (Something the HD2 is missing, probably why the TP2 still cost more than the HD2 with T-Mobile - just a better business phone than entertainment device) which I use often, awesome Speakerphone, ability to play around with Android, and the best Hardware keyboard to date. (also the ability to be easily customized)

I am sorry to hear your joining the masses in giving up on this old OS, but it did not fit your needs and I respect that.

But for those of us that find this to be the best option available right now, it is annoying to have others just come in and bash, but not listen to flaws we see elsewhere.

When it comes down to choosing a smartphone there has to be some compromising as to what you are willing to live with at the end of the day.
(I guess instability is the largest compromise I can see, but that can always be improved, hopefully) My checklist works by what network and or 3G(Or higher) coverage (also, if I'll be carged for features not available in my area -Big reason for me not to move to an EVO no 4G in AZ, you still have to pay for the service, are stuck with the 3G 5GB Cap and 4G is not expected till 4th Qtr 2011) fits my needs best, first. Then I need TV-Out which drastically limits my choices, then I also need a Hardware keyboard which usually dwindles my choices down to 1 or 2 phones. Then I choose the one that will have the larger modding communtity and longer manufacturer accessory support (ie....not changing the charging/data cable).

I'd like to know what your really looking for in a phone, I think it would be more productive to know what your requirements where and help you from there. But an electronic conniption over a Device/Platform which will very by every user on here doesn't help. (My user experience is not going to be the same as 90% of the other TP2 users here. I have different programs and user settings, as I'm sure everyone does if you "get me")
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
Thank you!.. Finally a member who finally steps out their bubble & realizes that Winmo Is going down the drain unless wp7 is spectacular. (which probably is not going to happen) The tp2 design itself is amazing. But theres not enough apps and features to go around in winmo, it cant compare to Android or Iphone. For god sakes Android has the Coolest Bank of america App. but since i have a windows phone i have to go through my web browser.. Sorry its just sad. and not that same as the app. i cant wait till the sound and power functions work in android Dev.
why does everything have to come as an app??? seriously. we have apps to do this and apps to do that.
if you can access your bank acct through the internet, why do you need an app to do it for you? my bank has a mobile banking website that is quite honestly faster than their reg. site.
Some websites, I will agree are not mobile friendly, but if instead of having apps for them, if the websites just had a mobile version, you wouldn't need 100 apps that do the same thing.

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 05-22-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:43 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Ha... most of these folks will never admit the obvious. I said pretty much the same thing when I got tired of patching and tweaking and doing reg edits to make the phone work like it was supposed to. App wise... no contest. And not even that but even the apps across both platforms have better interfaces on android. And with froyo 2.2.... Android pretty much signed the death certificate of winmo. Then again Microsoft pretty much already did that.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:45 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
why does everything have to come as an app??? seriously. we have apps to do this and apps to do that.
if you can access your bank acct through the internet, why do you need an app to do it for you? my bank has a mobile banking website that is quite honestly faster than their reg. site.
Some websites, I will agree are not mobile friendly, but if instead of having apps for them, if the websites just had a mobile version, you wouldn't need 100 apps that do the same thing.
Maybe because the ONLY way some sites will work is if you use skyfire to begin with. And even though it has flash the navigation on it in general sucks.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 2.1updated

Mac11700 is a n00b

I'm done with the TP2 phones..4 in as many months is too much for me to deal with.While they are very capable in the right hands and do have a great keyboard and speaker phone..they really aren't the best with out modding them,or for everyday use as a regular type phone.I've gone back to a updated Hero and will stay with it till either Window phones become more user friendly for non technical people as my self and they improve the Q/C of these units.I know the Androids have their own issue's,and I had one before all 4 TP2's..but I have never in my life had so many brand new (not refurbished) phones go belly up so quickly before...ever. As to ease of use and speed,there is no comparison between any of my stock TP2's and my new Hero..this Hero leaves them all in the dust ( which is weird from everything said about them here ? ) Hopefully they will listen to you guys and make the Windows 7 phones better all around,but I have a feeling it will be S.S.D.D.

Sorry Microsoft,you lost another person to Google

Mac

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison