PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gracechild is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Hate Winmo For these reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
1. Apps are better In android Marketplace & Apple Marketplace
2. Too many Bugs with Stock roms
3. Htc sense SUCKS
4. Facebook App. Sucks compared to Apple & android App
5. There isn't enough apps
6. Internet Explorer Sucks balls
7. No Google Voice Search Feature
8. Windows OS Cannot Compare to Android And apple.
Tp2 Definitely not worth the 600 Dollars i spent
Android Should have been on the tp2. Case Closed.

1st and far most friend, get the phone that works for you, and if you find it great... find its forum and post up as much threads as you can on how perfect you think it is.
2nd, windows mobile is mainly for professional use. If you are looking for entertainment, then go for the an Iphone and yea android (aka SPB Shell copy since google can't come up with anything.)
3rd, get this market place stuff outta here, we window mobile users depend on one another to share great finds, and guess what? It has worked for years for us
4th, BOTTOM LINE, WHEN HTC MADE TOUCH PRO 2, THEY SAW IT MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE AND MORE PROFITABLE TO HAVE WINDOWS MOBILE ON IT.... and i agree cause i've used an android before, and almost threw the phone the to the WALL
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

but the SOD's are a ridiculous issue to deal with, and yes I am using a custom ROM, but since it is not a rom problem itself, every rom i flash does nothing against it. I cant take off my seido bodyglove, take out the stylus, remove the battery cover and do a battery pull while im walking to class trying to call somebody/text someone to hold me a decent seat in a lecture room full of 800 kids. its simply not reasonable to have to deal with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 05-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i am very thankful tho to those folks that provide the cabs & figure out the reg edits & share. CHTE is amazing & i am gonna miss my rolex clock lol
Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
but the SOD's are a ridiculous issue to deal with, and yes I am using a custom ROM, but since it is not a rom problem itself, every rom i flash does nothing against it. I cant take off my seido bodyglove, take out the stylus, remove the battery cover and do a battery pull while im walking to class trying to call somebody/text someone to hold me a decent seat in a lecture room full of 800 kids. its simply not reasonable to have to deal with that.
i've had this phone since it's sprint's release and I've had 1 screen of death. which custom rom are you using? have you tried to turn sense off and see if you get these problems? how many texts do you keep on your phone???

Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gracechild is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
i take that back.. I remember the keyboard on the tp2 was better than the moment so was the battery life on the tp2
hey pink, oh i'm sorry blink... do some research next time before you post anything up...... we know our phones, the reason we still have the tp2 is simply because we tested it and found it to be the best. So please stop embarrassing all the other android users and post something great about an android, ON THE ANDROID FORUM...

but thank you for reminding us why we still love wm, tp2
Old 05-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
i've had this phone since it's sprint's release and I've had 1 screen of death. which custom rom are you using? have you tried to turn sense off and see if you get these problems? how many texts do you keep on your phone???

well you are one lucky man then. I'm running energy 235XX, and ive tried the 231XX builds as well. Ive tried Mighty, Tmartin, Icey... still had SOD's on them all, more than once. I suppose i can try turning sense off, and texts i barely keep any, i delete em pretty often. For example, I had a SOD today, and had about 45 texts tops in there.

EDIT: mind givin me a link to your personal rom that i see in the sig lol? Maybe ill give that a shot if you're willing
Old 05-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
well you are one lucky man then. I'm running energy 235XX, and ive tried the 231XX builds as well. Ive tried Mighty, Tmartin, Icey... still had SOD's on them all, more than once. I suppose i can try turning sense off, and texts i barely keep any, i delete em pretty often. For example, I had a SOD today, and had about 45 texts tops in there.

EDIT: mind givin me a link to your personal rom that i see in the sig lol? Maybe ill give that a shot if you're willing
Do you run task 29 before or clear storage before and after install?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've never really had the SOD either. Granted, I only stayed on the stock rom for about 20 minutes (not that I hated it; I was just itching to get Mighty's rom on it). Anyway, the SOD doesn't affect everyone I guess.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I dont get coming here to whine about something you dont like. Sell it and get an android phone. I'll be starting I hate domestic beer for many reasons thread soon.........
Old 05-21-2010, 12:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

krewblink is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracechild View Post
hey pink, oh i'm sorry blink... do some research next time before you post anything up...... we know our phones, the reason we still have the tp2 is simply because we tested it and found it to be the best. So please stop embarrassing all the other android users and post something great about an android, ON THE ANDROID FORUM...

but thank you for reminding us why we still love wm, tp2
Uh oh Excuse me Child. I did my research. Bought the best phone sprint had. But didnt realize Winmo is such a POS. Its simply garbage. yeah i can flash yeah i can add stuff. Yeah i can research and look for hours for things to put on my Phone. But i dont want to do that nor do i have the time to do that. the point being is i have to spend hours to make my phone better. When android is already better. BING? WTF IS BING. Windows is CRAP!. Its sad to see you guys backing up Windows. Its not your fault. Its their faults were stuck with a shitty operating system. Oh and is win7 suppose to compete with Android and apple? I think not. Still gonna be a peice of crap with a lot of bugs and people asking questions on how to fix their phone cuz they think they bricked it cuz they had to install bunch of shit to make it better. Middle finger in the AIR. WINMO.

I feel like going back to my original NOKIA where my text messages and calls worked. and could play the snake game for hours. Those were the days! Oh also Changing my case! AWESOME

Last edited by krewblink; 05-21-2010 at 01:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison