PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

This all sounds great but I'll wait for the kitchen team here at ppcgeeks to do their magic on it first. I love my 6700 running wm6.1. Sure there are some things that I wished it did better. With that said, I hated it before ppcgeeks made it possible to turn it into what it should have been from the beginning. I'll purchase one of these phhones and send my donation to the ppcgeeks geniuses again when they have taken control of these new devices.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
thas my question as well... i hate not seeing them... it's one of the unattractive things to me about the current touch that there are no face keys, not even an ok button... the times i've played with the touch in store this has been my biggest source of frustration... hopefully it can be spec'd back in before release.
Considering that's how the current Touch is, and that's what we're seeing in photos now, it will NOT be specced back in before launch. Clearly they think it was fine for the original Touch, so why would they bother to change it for this one after revealing photos of it without?

All I can hope is that the Raphael doesn't get the same treatment. I rely heavily upon the OK button on the side of the phone (never use the one on the front, though), and I don't see that on the Diamond, either.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Considering that's how the current Touch is, and that's what we're seeing in photos now, it will NOT be specced back in before launch. Clearly they think it was fine for the original Touch, so why would they bother to change it for this one after revealing photos of it without?

All I can hope is that the Raphael doesn't get the same treatment. I rely heavily upon the OK button on the side of the phone (never use the one on the front, though), and I don't see that on the Diamond, either.
i agree completely... and i'm pretty sure it wont be making an appearance either.. i was just being hopeful they would come to their senses and bring it back..

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 05-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I'm going to miss my thumbwheel alot =[

Can anyone tell how the dpad is going to be? It kinda looks like the ones on the VZW Chocolate, or maybe even and iPod type dpad....
Old 05-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I'm going to miss my thumbwheel alot =[

Can anyone tell how the dpad is going to be? It kinda looks like the ones on the VZW Chocolate, or maybe even and iPod type dpad....
The Touch has a thumbwheel? I never saw one. Remember, these photos are of the Diamond, not the Raphael. They're not indicative of what we can expect from the Raphael. The Titan had thumb wheel and tons of buttons, while the Touch did not. It's possible they'll do the same thing with the Raphael vs. Diamond.

That said, they do seem to be trying to keep a common design between them, so my hopes may be dashed when we see the final unit.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Good point turbo. I'm pretty sure they will keep the same shape as far as rectangular... But the back panel of the Raphael is most likely NOT going to be like that of the Diamond. Im guessing the different dimensions are so that it looks more like a 'diamond'.

I really hope the Raphael has a thumb wheel. The 4GB of internal storage isn't necessary for me, but it would make it a hell of a lot easier for me to save space on my microSD.

And before, I was referring to the Mogul having a thumb wheel =]
Old 05-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

the thing is, once you have touchflo... you really wont use that thumbwheel as often. i too was addicted to the thumbwheel when i had my Q, but ive had this touch since it came out and i doubt id use the thing if i still had it.. i really dont miss it that much honestly, if at all. speaking of the touch.. even though im a die hard touch fan and whatnot, but if this raphael can be thin enough, then why wouldnt someone just pick that one up? i mean it has the exact same specs including touchflo.. you jus get the bonus of a keyboard (something i rarely would use) but i know its nice to have one there if i said, "oh what the heck"

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-05-2008, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

Looks like they were able to get the Raphael that thin by cutting the battery almost in half.

What the hell am I going to do with a 900mAh battery? I can barely get by a full days work with my current 3200mAh battery
Old 05-05-2008, 08:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof View Post
Looks like they were able to get the Raphael that thin by cutting the battery almost in half.

What the hell am I going to do with a 900mAh battery? I can barely get by a full days work with my current 3200mAh battery
I have to agree but I really hope there is a 3200 mAh sold for this. Sufficed to say my mouth is watering over the HTC raphael, and that will be my next phone. Hello open market for verizon!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

burgertime is just getting started

With the VGA screen will this increase battery life? There is has to be some trick up HTC's sleeve for this small battery. This would be a serious faux pas if the the battery can't handle the device. With trends in cell phones (especially PPC and smartphones) I think getting the most out of the battery was a huge focus. Or atleast lets cross our fingers.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives