PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC
Carrier: Sprint

eXplicit is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Patriot View Post
I would be so all over the Raphael with Sprint SERO if they were ready to go live with it now. I have to wait until December when the 2-year pact with the devil expires, or else within around the next 60 days try and enforce the contract and get into something like this. There was a report out today that there's a new opportunity to get away from VZW scott-free:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/E...t-An-ETF-93984

The only other phone out there I'm really interested in is the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, but initial pricing I've seen (around $999) is making me have 2nd thoughts. I wonder if the release of the 3G iPhone will light a fire under someone's tail and they'll get it out to the street much sooner. Hoping the pricing wars are about to begin as well - $199 for the 3G 4GB iPhone seems like a steal, and should put some pressure on the market. They are going to seriously cut into the WM handset market if MS doesn't get cracking with a good update and the pricepoint of high-end phones doesn't come way down. When you can pick up a small form factor notebook or UMPC for around $500, the days of the $499-599 cellphone are numbered.

The userbase is really demanding more functionality out of their handset these days, and the manufacturers can't be blind to that fact. Hopefully they've got all the video/BT/WLAN/GPS drivers working right out of the gate this time. The FM radio and TV out features have me drooling and I've seen a rumor that the screen will tilt like the TyTn II. Cmon HTC, get a move on!
Actually, the $199 3G iPhone is only 2.5GB. It won't be a 4GB model.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellhi View Post
if you can get past the text, check out the pics..
http://www.pdafans.com/article-2961-1.html
great find. I wonder how big of a difference VGA resolution will make on such a small screen. I'm up for renewal as of today and was going to go get a Touch, but perhaps i'll keep my 6700 until the diamond is released. ugh my phone is so old...
Old 05-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I'm still disappointed they're putting 4GB in the Diamond and not the Raphael. Makes no sense to me. But honestly I don't come close to filling the 256 in my Mogul or the 2GB microSD card in it, so I guess this decision doesn't actually affect me. Still, exciting stuff.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I'm still disappointed they're putting 4GB in the Diamond and not the Raphael. Makes no sense to me. But honestly I don't come close to filling the 256 in my Mogul or the 2GB microSD card in it, so I guess this decision doesn't actually affect me. Still, exciting stuff.
I agree.. the Raphael seems like it will be sprints top level phone, youd think the phones below it wouldnt have any advantages over it. then again, look at our moguls..
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 05-01-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Reliance

hetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
You have some of those specs right and some wrong (900mah battery!).

It will have an accelerometer.

Read the story for all the updated specs and details....!

--> More details: HTC Diamond and Raphael = Touch Diamond & Touch Pro
VGA is Still Needed More Pixel means more Sharpness, and also 16bit Graphics is now aged old and if we still like it then I cant help, Major Nokia, SE, iPhone have 24bit Color Depth

Quote:
I'm personally kind of curious why VGA seems to be the deal-breaker for a lot of people on here. Granted, I also want VGA, but what is it about it that's got people willing to ignore this altogether if it doesn't have it? I would have been perfectly happy to settle for this phone based on the currently-announced and perceived (more RAM, better battery life, possibly faster processor, etc.) improvements and new design. VGA, for me, is just icing on the cake.

This is genuinely not a knock on people wanting VGA, I'm just wondering why, on a unit with such a small screen, that this is such a defining point.
900 mah Battery which Run HSDPA and EVDO with GPS is Very High Expectation
Old 05-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
id still say wait and see we still are going off leaked specs afterall. Things could change, or be misunderstood (maybe both are getting 4gb).
Old 05-01-2008, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit View Post
Actually, the $199 3G iPhone is only 2.5GB. It won't be a 4GB model.
Hmm, everything I've been reading on the 3G iPhone says it's coming in 8GB and 16GB flavors, so I made a mistake saying 4GB, but where do you come up with 2.5GB???
Old 05-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b

http://gizmodo.com/386880/htc-diamon...ensity-display

looks like ther ewill be no flash.. I knew there had to be something simple theyd **** up.

/I use the flashlight on my phone more than anything.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I really can't wait to get a spec sheet and images like that for the Raphael...

Maybe that one has flash... who knows. Anyway, I'm going with the full keyboard.

WTF happened to the soft keys and Start/OK buttons?!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I really can't wait to get a spec sheet and images like that for the Raphael...

Maybe that one has flash... who knows. Anyway, I'm going with the full keyboard.

WTF happened to the soft keys and Start/OK buttons?!
thas my question as well... i hate not seeing them... it's one of the unattractive things to me about the current touch that there are no face keys, not even an ok button... the times i've played with the touch in store this has been my biggest source of frustration... hopefully it can be spec'd back in before release.

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives