PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here's more info from BGR...

More info on HTC’s new devices

Posted by Joshua Karp on Apr 28, 2008 9:46 am 10 comments
Filed in Handsets, News, HSDPA, EV-DO, HTC
Were the spy shots and leaked specs not enough to hold you over until the official launch? We’ve got a bit more info on the upcoming HTC next generation devices. The new handsets will be called the HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, and the HTC Touch Dual Pro. The Touch Diamond is the Diamond, the Touch Pro is the Raphael, and the Touch Dual Pro is apparently a refresh of the existing HTC Touch Dual. As far as specs go, we’re still not 100% clear, but the specifics floating around include (courtesy of WMExperts):No word just yet on when we can expect these to launch, but we have a feeling it will have something to do with May 6th.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: Here's more info from BGR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
More info on HTC’s new devices

Posted by Joshua Karp on Apr 28, 2008 9:46 am 10 comments
Filed in Handsets, News, HSDPA, EV-DO, HTC
Were the spy shots and leaked specs not enough to hold you over until the official launch? We’ve got a bit more info on the upcoming HTC next generation devices. The new handsets will be called the HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, and the HTC Touch Dual Pro. The Touch Diamond is the Diamond, the Touch Pro is the Raphael, and the Touch Dual Pro is apparently a refresh of the existing HTC Touch Dual. As far as specs go, we’re still not 100% clear, but the specifics floating around include (courtesy of WMExperts):
  • Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
  • Qualcomm MSM 7201A @ 528MHz
  • 256MB ROM / 128MB RAM
  • 7.2MB HSDPA / HSUPA (rev A EVDO for Sprint versions)
  • 2.8" VGA screen
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
  • eGPS
  • 3.1MP Camera with flash
  • Forward facing camera
  • 4GB internal flash storage (Diamond only) - Samsung MoviNAND
  • TV out (Raphael only)
  • Orientation sensor
  • FM Radio
  • microSD expansion
  • 900mAh battery
  • Diamond: 51 x 99 x 10.7mm
  • Raphael: 51 x 99 x 17mm
No word just yet on when we can expect these to launch, but we have a feeling it will have something to do with May 6th.
cleaned up your post, you could edit your post
Old 04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

If they deliver the Touch Dual with the sure-type keyboard instead of the numeric keypad I might consider it.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Those are the same specs I posted a while back... strange that they would repost the article.

Its seems that they removed some of the original specs...

I'm confused about the camera though.... Will there be one on the front AND back? Because I don't think our networks use video calling yet...

Last edited by [sammich]; 04-28-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I'm confused about the camera though.... Will there be one on the front AND back? Because I don't think our networks use video calling yet...
The Tilt outside of the US also has a low-res camera on the front in addition to the one on the back. Here they dropped it, though. I'm assuming that this spec is only for the GSM models outside of the US.

This line of phone seems to show that HTC's finally catching on to making CDMA and GSM versions of the same models instead of seemingly forgetting there's lots of us CDMA users in this country and releasing lackluster also-rans for us.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

According to articles today, HTC will be officially announcing the Diamond on May 6th, and have called it the most important phone they're releasing this year.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Those are the same specs I posted a while back... strange that they would repost the article.

Its seems that they removed some of the original specs...
That article from BGR links to my story at WMExperts (Not sure why it's being reposted here though)
Quote:
With RevA, video calling is possible but at least according to PhoneNews, it won't be implemented till QChat and Wimax are all ironed out.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP

weakkneed is just getting started

I would enjoy this phone no doubt, but I am very dissappointed in this phone. With Sprint's developement cycle, this phone will delay the phone I really want by two years. If this is built off the same core processor with just a smaller die as one poster suggested, how does that solve any of the Broadcom/Qualcom patent issues that crippled the mogul. A miniscule jump in processor speed when chips are out there that are double + is really unacceptable. I bet that ram specs when released will be unacceptable too. I wish that NVidea would contract with a major phone manufacturer to produce their own cdma phone. They seem to be reading my mind for what I want in a phone.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

tvith is just getting started

I think someone joked around about how something as good as this coming to verizon in like 30yrs, but usually verizon and sprint have similar pda phones so i was wondering if anyone heard anything about a verizon version of this? I'm up for new 2 in excatly 4 mins lol, meaning 04/30/08 i can update w/ discount. I've had my eye on the 6800, really great product, but I just wanna make sure nothing better is gonna come out a month or 2 after i get the 6800 lol.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Question Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by weakkneed View Post
If this is built off the same core processor with just a smaller die as one poster suggested, how does that solve any of the Broadcom/Qualcom patent issues that crippled the mogul.
Where are you getting your information?

The msm-7201a (GSM) is Qualcomm's updated versions of the 7200 and 7500 that circumvent the alleged Broadcom /Qualcomm patent issues--that's why they are xx01. The "a" does mean it has a smaller die enabling greatly reduced chip size, that is the only difference with the msm-7500a for Sprint's versions.

Regardless, the "issues that crippled the Mogul" have zero to do with the Broadcom/Qualcomm patent issue but instead has to do with how the pipelinging of the graphics is enabled/disabled as well as an underperforming secondary processor (arm11). Read more here.

Will any of that be fixed in these devices? Too early to tell. But Sony confirmed with WMExperts that they have purchased and enabled those drivers for the XPeria. HTC would be wise to follow suit.

Last edited by Malatesta; 04-30-2008 at 07:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives