PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

aughsum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Oh wow May 6th would be nice, I've had a bad 2008, this would make things a little better.

but knowing sprint ittl be released may 6th 2010.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 04-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aughsum View Post
Oh wow May 6th would be nice, I've had a bad 2008, this would make things a little better.

Nobody said anything about it being RELEASED on May 6th. HTC said they'll be ANNOUNCING the Diamond on May 6th. Remember how far ahead of release the iPhone was announced? It can still launch in the fall, but right now HTC's trying to build up hype by announcing it as soon as it's complete so people can anticipate and plan for it.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aughsum View Post

may 6th is when it would be announced, not made available to retail...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b

yeah i know, i was under the impression the release was late q3
Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
may 6th is when it would be announced, not made available to retail...
To be a bit more accurate, the GSM versions of these devices are expected to be dropping by the end of Q2 (Diamond GSM) and early Q3 (Raphael GSM), which is most likely what the "announcement" on May 6th will be about.

I doubt very much there will be any mention of CDMA or Sprint in London on the 6th.

Q3 (Diamond) and Q4 (Raphael) 2008 are the time-frames right now for Sprint.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit

From Gizmodo:

Following up on the news of HTC launching its most important product of the year next month, GSMArena dug up some more info on two phones they think will be unveiled there, the HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch Find. According to MSMobiles, the HTC Touch Find seems to a version of the HTC Touch Cruise, which is out already, but this seems to be a rounder, more ergonomic version. The HTC Touch Diamond is actually the T-Mobile MDA Compact IV shown at CeBIT 2008, and will have a 528MHz Qualcomm CPU and GPS. It'll also have an accelerometer (like the iPhone) to rotate the UI when you go horizontal. The Raphael seems to be pretty interesting as well, and GSMArena says it's a successor to the HTC TyTN II (AT&T Tilt). It'll be sold as the Touch Pro, further illustrating how much junk HTC is shoving under the Touch brand, and still have a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
And last, the HTC Titanium, will be probably the HTC Touch Dual Pro and have a 12 or 20 key slide-out keypad.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit View Post
From Gizmodo:

Following up on the news of HTC launching its most important product of the year next month, GSMArena dug up some more info on two phones they think will be unveiled there, the HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch Find. According to MSMobiles, the HTC Touch Find seems to a version of the HTC Touch Cruise, which is out already, but this seems to be a rounder, more ergonomic version. The HTC Touch Diamond is actually the T-Mobile MDA Compact IV shown at CeBIT 2008, and will have a 528MHz Qualcomm CPU and GPS. It'll also have an accelerometer (like the iPhone) to rotate the UI when you go horizontal. The Raphael seems to be pretty interesting as well, and GSMArena says it's a successor to the HTC TyTN II (AT&T Tilt). It'll be sold as the Touch Pro, further illustrating how much junk HTC is shoving under the Touch brand, and still have a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
And last, the HTC Titanium, will be probably the HTC Touch Dual Pro and have a 12 or 20 key slide-out keypad.
Jeez looks like someone was gnawing on that upper right corner next to the ff camera! I call bootleg!

j/k
Old 04-30-2008, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
Jeez looks like someone was gnawing on that upper right corner next to the ff camera! I call bootleg!

j/k
That's usually what demo phones look like. They'll throw them around like they ain't nothing.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

I would be so all over the Raphael with Sprint SERO if they were ready to go live with it now. I have to wait until December when the 2-year pact with the devil expires, or else within around the next 60 days try and enforce the contract and get into something like this. There was a report out today that there's a new opportunity to get away from VZW scott-free:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/E...t-An-ETF-93984

The only other phone out there I'm really interested in is the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, but initial pricing I've seen (around $999) is making me have 2nd thoughts. I wonder if the release of the 3G iPhone will light a fire under someone's tail and they'll get it out to the street much sooner. Hoping the pricing wars are about to begin as well - $199 for the 3G 4GB iPhone seems like a steal, and should put some pressure on the market. They are going to seriously cut into the WM handset market if MS doesn't get cracking with a good update and the pricepoint of high-end phones doesn't come way down. When you can pick up a small form factor notebook or UMPC for around $500, the days of the $499-599 cellphone are numbered.

The userbase is really demanding more functionality out of their handset these days, and the manufacturers can't be blind to that fact. Hopefully they've got all the video/BT/WLAN/GPS drivers working right out of the gate this time. The FM radio and TV out features have me drooling and I've seen a rumor that the screen will tilt like the TyTn II. Cmon HTC, get a move on!

Last edited by Silent_Patriot; 04-30-2008 at 10:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Russellhi is just getting started

if you can get past the text, check out the pics..
http://www.pdafans.com/article-2961-1.html

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives