PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

honestly i dont really see the purpose in coming out with both of these devices if the ONLY difference is one has a keyboard an the other doesnt.. they both look pretty then an since both have wifi and touchflo.. it would seem more ideal to jus go ahead an get the one with the keyboard, jus in case you felt the need to use it.. does anyone know any real differences between the phones.. besides the obvious?

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

cruiserandmax is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth-twinturbo View Post
I hope this phone runs much smoother, i hate to say it but the iphone when i have used it scrolls smooth and operates smoothly i feel like the touch needs more ram at least 256mb a better processor and a better graphics acceleration/driver!!!
Windows Mobile will always be a fat slow bastard compared to OSs designed and optimized for mobile devices like iPhone and likely Android.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtlandre View Post
As was said previously, these devices MAY NOT have vga screens, the picture does not say. It says VGA color depth, not resolution.

From the pictures here: http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/20/h...of-new-phones/
it looks like they are NOT vga.
That's a good eyeball courtlandre, the "main display pixels" column is "TBD", so it looks like it can go either way.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserandmax View Post
Windows Mobile will always be a fat slow bastard compared to OSs designed and optimized for mobile devices like iPhone and likely Android.

you know.. i wouldnt say anything like that again, because a lot of win mobile experts here would give you how win mobile is like a million times better than the iphone and android.. well at least iphone anyway
Old 04-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
you know.. i wouldnt say anything like that again, because a lot of win mobile experts here would give you how win mobile is like a million times better than the iphone and android.. well at least iphone anyway
That's not necessarily accurate. Yes, we can all go on and on about how much better WM is than the iPhone (Android may give it a run for its money... maybe), but I don't think any of us would disagree that it IS slow and bloated in comparison to the iPhone. There are reasons for this, and they're partially the trade-off to our OS being open to unverified third-party applications and multi-tasking, but that doesn't make it untrue that WM sucks from a performance standpoint. If slick design and performance were my ONLY needs, I'd probably get an iPhone. They're not, and they never will be now that I'm used to what I can get from one of these. But do I wish it performed as smoothly as an iPhone (minus all the crashes people don't talk about)? I'd be a fool not to.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtlandre View Post
As was said previously, these devices MAY NOT have vga screens, the picture does not say. It says VGA color depth, not resolution.

From the pictures here: http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/20/h...of-new-phones/
it looks like they are NOT vga.
That's a good eyeball courtlandre, the "main display pixels" column is "TBD", so it looks like it can go either way.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
That's not necessarily accurate. Yes, we can all go on and on about how much better WM is than the iPhone (Android may give it a run for its money... maybe), but I don't think any of us would disagree that it IS slow and bloated in comparison to the iPhone. There are reasons for this, and they're partially the trade-off to our OS being open to unverified third-party applications and multi-tasking, but that doesn't make it untrue that WM sucks from a performance standpoint. If slick design and performance were my ONLY needs, I'd probably get an iPhone. They're not, and they never will be now that I'm used to what I can get from one of these. But do I wish it performed as smoothly as an iPhone (minus all the crashes people don't talk about)? I'd be a fool not to.

yeah true.. but i mean lately windows mobile has picked it up.. reports have shown that the later models having windows mobile OS is actually running a lot smoother
Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
yeah true.. but i mean lately windows mobile has picked it up.. reports have shown that the later models having windows mobile OS is actually running a lot smoother
I'm sure with enough RAM and tweaks there are noticeable improvements, but I still hear the hardcore users complaining about the best of the WM-based devices. The OS in its current state simply does not compete on these factors. That's why 7 is being so highly-anticipated.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I cant wait till this phone comes out!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

..my prediction is that it'll actually come out Q2-Q3 09.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives