PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: S6
Carrier: Verizon

Blad3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
no that is not right whatever someone told you they did. Ask any employee there is NO such LEGIT program to trade up for the price difference after 30 days. Any employee in here will verify this.
there is no legit program, but that doesn't mean that the option to do so does not exist. i know and have read plenty of people who were trading up from 6700s to the mogul and were able to go ahead with it. it all depends on your angle.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

It would be soooo cool if they had 2 way sliding... I mean from the side for the full keyboard, and from the bottom for just the numbers. IDK how that'd work, but it would kick a$$!

There's that one verizon phone that opens both ways...
Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
no that is not right whatever someone told you they did. Ask any employee there is NO such LEGIT program to trade up for the price difference after 30 days. Any employee in here will verify this.
Some third parties do this, because they can do whatever they want with their inventory. If the phone is useable, they will swap you out and you pay the difference.

But no, there's no legit program in the corporate stores.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

like i said, no legit way, unless you go and run and cry about your phone and threaten to cancel etc. Not ethically gotten IMO and i wouldnt try it to get one of the new ones anytime soon after launch anyways, they have plenty of stock for a while after EOL of phones. The ONLY time they swap you for a better model for free without asking is if you use ESRP (repair in store) and they happen to not have your model and jsut are feeling generous.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
It would be soooo cool if they had 2 way sliding... I mean from the side for the full keyboard, and from the bottom for just the numbers. IDK how that'd work, but it would kick a$$!

There's that one verizon phone that opens both ways...
I think you're talking about that Samsung Alias phone... This one?
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sams...le-a_2522.html

It's nothing compared to the Pantech Duo. I would probably be all over the Pantech Duo if it was a WinMo Pro device instead of standard.
http://www.pantechusa.com/web/guest/duo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor View Post
I think you're talking about that Samsung Alias phone... This one?
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sams...le-a_2522.html

It's nothing compared to the Pantech Duo. I would probably be all over the Pantech Duo if it was a WinMo Pro device instead of standard.
http://www.pantechusa.com/web/guest/duo
Yep the Samsung one is what I was talking about.

And dammnnn that Pantech is EXACTLY what I meant. I wouldn't mind if it added an extra .5-1.5mm to the phone. It'd be worth it for me.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

What the hell is up with the 900mAh battery??? Is the power consumption vastly different? I could just barely get by with the standard 1500mAh battery for the mogul and ended up getting a 3200mAh battery in order to be able to get proper usage from my phone.

I dont understand how their cutting the battery power almost in half. I might hold off on getting this phone until some extended batteries are available.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan

Dc_Striker is becoming a great contributor

Sprint are getting great phones this year the Samsung one and then these to Htc's
Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
It's possible but we've been given no indication that they are referring to color and/or only color.
Really? Have you actually LOOKED at the spec sheet in the first post from this thread? Not the inaccurate summary that someone created, but the actual photo of the spec sheet?

It says:

Main Display Colors 2.8" VGA
Main Display Pixels TBD

I'd say that is a pretty clear indication that they are referring to color and not resolution.

The original poster seems to have gotten a little carried away in overstating the specs. Perhaps the new phone actually will have 640x480 resolution, but I wouldn't put money on it at this point. As several here have pointed out, VGA resolution doesn't make a lot of sense in a display that's only 2.8" diagonally. So don't get your hopes up.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
As several here have pointed out, VGA resolution doesn't make a lot of sense in a display that's only 2.8" diagonally. So don't get your hopes up.
I would have to try it and see, but there are already several WinMo phones with 2.8" VGA displays so I can't imagine that it's that impractical. Almost all the higher end E-Ten Glofiishes have 2.8" VGA displays, like this one for example.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives