PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

it would be nice if this phone was out by November, but I dont think it will be. its not on Sprint's Roadmap is it? I will get anyway, since I pretty much buy every new phone that comes out. I wound get the samsung Instinct if it had a keyboard. I hate having to type on the screen. I hate when I oil or lotion on my screen. So fingerprints would drive me crazy.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit

I will have this phone. Oh yes, I will have this phone. Unless it's just another disappointment like my last 2 phones (i930 & Mogul).
Old 04-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
One thing that's good for them though, is that the general populace will not be aware of the new htc phones.

Anyhow, what does everyone think? will we (those with total equipment coverage) be able to break our phones and pay the $50 replacement cost, plus the difference in the price of the new phones, thus replacing the mogul with the new one with the keyboard?

Thoughts?
This is my hope and my dream. My contract is up in june of this year and if this phone comes out i'll extend my contract..... but the thing is, i want to either wait till i can get the contract with a new phone or trade in my damaged mogul...

I'll give them my old mogul if its to get the new qwerty device

And i knew this was in the works, all these sprint reps telling me that they had no moguls, all the lies about shortages and backorders....... Just hold onto your moguls until Q3 kiddies, theyll have to get you a phone that works and since we're at the top of the sprint phone totem pole, this new phone will be one of the substitutions
Old 04-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

First, i would STRONGLY STRONGLY suggest not committing fraud as above to "break" a Mogul once the Raphnel comes out.

Second, they have no obligation to give you a Raphnel as a swap. the treo 800w is actually the direct correlation in specs to the Mogul that would be given as a swap. The Raphnel would be a higher tier and cost phone than the Mogul with 3mp, VGA, more memory etc.

I seriously doubt youd have much luck with that one when theres a 6.1, 128/256, wifi, gps phone with similar specs out in the Treo. Realize their policy says they only have to give you a phone with SIMILAR features, not an upgrade.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:04 PM
N00b

stealth-twinturbo is just getting started

I hope this phone runs much smoother, i hate to say it but the iphone when i have used it scrolls smooth and operates smoothly i feel like the touch needs more ram at least 256mb a better processor and a better graphics acceleration/driver!!! Sprint knows where the competetion is headed and they better make sure these phones are right when they come out. LOOK WERE ALL STILL WAITING FOR THE FIRST QUARTER ROM UPGRADE FOR THE TOUCH!! STILL NOT HERE
Old 04-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
First, i would STRONGLY STRONGLY suggest not committing fraud as above to "break" a Mogul once the Raphnel comes out.

Second, they have no obligation to give you a Raphnel as a swap. the treo 800w is actually the direct correlation in specs to the Mogul that would be given as a swap. The Raphnel would be a higher tier and cost phone than the Mogul with 3mp, VGA, more memory etc.

I seriously doubt youd have much luck with that one when theres a 6.1, 128/256, wifi, gps phone with similar specs out in the Treo. Realize their policy says they only have to give you a phone with SIMILAR features, not an upgrade.
Id like to take your word for it, but the apache was upgraded to the mogul. But i can understand what your saying, mogul to raphnel is >>>>> than mogul to treo

Still, i have a broken mogul that they keep telling to take a touch for, and im just going to hold out. Im thinking that this phone will probably cost about 600 USD new, so i have to wish that i can get something in return for my mogul. And if not, i'll just swap to the treo and hit ebay for the extra doe
Old 04-23-2008, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth-twinturbo View Post
I hope this phone runs much smoother, i hate to say it but the iphone when i have used it scrolls smooth and operates smoothly i feel like the touch needs more ram at least 256mb a better processor and a better graphics acceleration/driver!!! Sprint knows where the competetion is headed and they better make sure these phones are right when they come out. LOOK WERE ALL STILL WAITING FOR THE FIRST QUARTER ROM UPGRADE FOR THE TOUCH!! STILL NOT HERE
Highly unlikely to have a smooth phone with Windows Mobile. It's just the way it is. Maybe when 7 comes out, we'll see better transitions.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Id like to take your word for it, but the apache was upgraded to the mogul. But i can understand what your saying, mogul to raphnel is >>>>> than mogul to treo

Still, i have a broken mogul that they keep telling to take a touch for, and im just going to hold out. Im thinking that this phone will probably cost about 600 USD new, so i have to wish that i can get something in return for my mogul. And if not, i'll just swap to the treo and hit ebay for the extra doe
yes but big difference being the apache -> mogul wasnt THAT great a jump in hardware which is he expensive part. You got a little extra ROM space (256 vs 12 and a 2mp vs 1.3 camera, thats about it. SAme wifi, same screen, little slimmer, same RAM etc.

The mogul -> Raphnel would be a MUCH bigger jump in hardware and pricing if this has a VGA screen which would be the most expensive component.

Id venture to guess Sprint would be pushing a 800w as a swap in that case since its a cheaper phone for them and more comparable to the Mogul. Id guess the Raphnel will be more than $600 full price at launch. Also realize they dont swap new ones for the old model until MONTHS after launch. Very few people got Moguls for 6700's until id say Oct-Nov which was months after the Mogul launched. they alwasy have stock left to use as swaps of the older model.

Just get your mogul fixed/swapped for another mogul and just sell it when the time comes. This is still rumors and could be 8+ months away. Even for the treo, dont expect a swap out. Theyll stil have plenty of moguls in stock since they are different manufacturers and the mogul wont be EOL.

And the prob said take a touch since recently the moguls were out of stock for ROM updating to the GPS/rev A rom but im sure they have them now. Plenty of people report getting theirs swapped daily.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

its gonna be another crippled sprint phone.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor

I don't understand how some people are saying this will kill the Treo 800w. Other than the VGA screen, it won't have a leg up on the 800w.

Both the 800w and the PPC-7000 (?) will have 128MB of RAM, 256MB ROM, WiFi, GPS, WinMo 6.1, EVDO Rev A and Bluetooth 2.0.

The Treo will sport a 320x320 screen and the PPC-7000 will sport a 640x480 screen. Those of us in the Treo camp will not like this because we hate side-sliders. Those in the HTC camp won't dig the Treo because of it's square screen, bulky appearance and lack of hackability. The phones hardware themselves, however, will not be very different.

Those of you shooting for the moon with these devices need to calm down. This happens on the Apple fanboy websites every time speculation of a new Mac happens too. You expect the world and get very disappointed when it finally comes around to launch time.

Just be happy we're getting VGA screens in NA finally. About damn time, IMHO.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives