PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

nice phones. maybe i'll upgrade when it comes out

Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started

If you look closely at the doc photo in the first post, it doesn't actually say that this unit will have a VGA display. It indicates that it will have a VGA color depth, but the actual pixels of the screen say "TBD". So while it might turn out to be a full 640x480, there's nothing here to support that at this time. I'm betting that it will be have less resolution than that, but time will tell.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Whoa. This? From Sprint? I still can't believe it.

Simply incredible. Just, whoa.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here's hoping for 256mb of RAM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

This is HTC's chance to make it right!
What I'm hoping for:

-At least 500 MHz processor
-At LEAST 128MB RAM, (hopefully 256MB or 512MB so we can run WM7 if we port it )
-A powerful graphics device with NECESSARY DRIVERS...!
-3+ Megapixel camera (preferably 5 or more MPs with FLASH!)
-512MB-1GB internal storage
-SDHC drivers
-Touchflo
-more stuff I can't think of right now

Probably wishful thinking, but I really hope they can make a truly satisfying phone
Old 04-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

You know Q4 08 will end up being more like Q2-3 09 for sprint, right? And verizon will get this phone in 2013.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

HTC is usually good with getting the phones out on their estimates (not updates but the phones). They all came out when they were rumored lately. Theyre saying Sept which is Q3, so even if its Q4 its not that bad. Think of the hole Palm just fell in this morning. Releasing the 800w in July and its already obsolete compared to these coming a few months after.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
Think of the hole Palm just fell in this morning. Releasing the 800w in July and its already obsolete compared to these coming a few months after.
One thing that's good for them though, is that the general populace will not be aware of the new htc phones.

Anyhow, what does everyone think? will we (those with total equipment coverage) be able to break our phones and pay the $50 replacement cost, plus the difference in the price of the new phones, thus replacing the mogul with the new one with the keyboard?

Thoughts?
Old 04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looks like I might upgrade in November after just 1 year with the Mogul. Hope the specs end up looking good and I would like to find out if this will eventually be capable of running Android. I would be much more likely to buy a device that I know can run it in case WinMo stays stagnant.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
If you look closely at the doc photo in the first post, it doesn't actually say that this unit will have a VGA display. It indicates that it will have a VGA color depth, but the actual pixels of the screen say "TBD". So while it might turn out to be a full 640x480, there's nothing here to support that at this time. I'm betting that it will be have less resolution than that, but time will tell.
That would ROYALLY piss me off. My 3+ year old Axim can do VGA, I'm tired of living in the ancient past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
This is HTC's chance to make it right!
What I'm hoping for:

-At least 500 MHz processor
The max that the 7500A chipset supports is 500 MHZ, same as 7500 (non a) used by the Titan/Mogul (400 MHZ). That said it should be easier for them to bump up the speed to 500MHZ since the 7500a processor is 65nm intead of 90nm (smaller/runs cooler).

Quote:
-At LEAST 128MB RAM, (hopefully 256MB or 512MB so we can run WM7 if we port it )
This better be at least 128MB to make up for the debacle 64MB provided on the Mogul, better yet they should make it 256MB.

Quote:
-A powerful graphics device with NECESSARY DRIVERS...!
The 7500A chipset, which the Raphael uses, has the exact same graphic capabilities as the Mogul. The real questions is if HTC will providee hardware accelerated video drivers for this device, which they did not for the Titan/Touch/Kaiser, this is extra important now if this device is going to be VGA resolution (4x the amount of pixels to process).

Quote:
-3+ Megapixel camera (preferably 5 or more MPs with FLASH!)
The feature sheet already specifies a 3 Megapixel camera.

Quote:
-SDHC drivers
Since the Mogul already supports SDHC, and even the previous generation Apache (6700) supports SDHC with upgraded ROM, I wouldn't worry about SDHC support.

Quote:
-Touchflo
The feature sheet already specifies that the both the Raphael and Diamond support Touchflo.

Source:
MSM7500A info

Last edited by TalynOne; 04-23-2008 at 11:13 AM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives