PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

BTW any of you guys see the new Touchflo 3d videos on the Diamond? I'm telling you my Touch is going on Ebay as soon as this baby comes out for Sprint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJtmnsHDVbk

Look at all the videos posted by HTC especially the animated Weather. WOW is all I have to say.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor View Post
Guys, the spec sheet on HTC's site states the Diamond will have 192MB of RAM. It seems reasonable to conclude this will carry over to the Raphael as well.

http://www.htc.com/www/product.aspx?id=46286

The 4GB internal storage does not carry over because the Raph has a mSD slot, the Diamond does not.
All the articles states the Diamond did have a microSD card slot. Has this changed?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
All the articles states the Diamond did have a microSD card slot. Has this changed?
Yup it looks like it's been changed for the 4gb of ram.

HTC's Diamond specs don't list a MicroSD slot anymore.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would be really disappointed if they no longer plan on including a microSD slot. 4GB is nice, but I like being able to use my SD on multiple devices.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor

The mSD slot added 2mm to the thickness of the phone and it appears HTC's goal with this phone was to make it as sleek as possible. At least they didn't shaft you guys and only give you 256MB of ROM.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

so does any body know when will here about the Raphael?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Well, the Diamond appears to be relatively frickin' sweet based on what I've seen. Assuming the Raphael is all this and more, I'm going to be one happy person.

My only concern is how hardcore they're going with TouchFLOW 3D. They're claiming they're trying to hide Windows Mobile as much as possible, and that the average user won't even know it's Windows Mobile. As long as this doesn't prevent me from using Windows Mobile the normal ways, as well, I'll be happy. I just hope they don't block out some of my needs in the process of "improving" it.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I cant wait for the Raphnel. Its gonna be a great phone as well. we wont be able to sell our Moguls anywhere with phone like these coming out

Old 05-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Timeless

Can anyone edit the typo in the topic? It's Raphael. People keep reading that and none of the links and believe it's actually called Raphnel.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
BTW any of you guys see the new Touchflo 3d videos on the Diamond? I'm telling you my Touch is going on Ebay as soon as this baby comes out for Sprint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJtmnsHDVbk

Look at all the videos posted by HTC especially the animated Weather. WOW is all I have to say.
lol, AS SOON!!!!! i might just pay retail for it

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives