PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jul 8| 21908|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
Can we get an status update on the fix for the HTC Youtube app? Will it ever be fixed? If so, do we know when? If not, what is preventing it from working? Also, sorry to all the people that are going to get pissed at me for asking.
Donate him an Imagio to work with and you might have better luck. He builds these ROMs without the piece of hardware in front of him to test, and still does an incredible job. Until then he's doing the best he can with what he has to work with.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jul 8| 21908|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
Donate him an Imagio to work with and you might have better luck. He builds these ROMs without the piece of hardware in front of him to test, and still does an incredible job. Until then he's doing the best he can with what he has to work with.
+1 myself being a home chef and cooking roms for myself it is so hard to make roms and not have a device to test. That saying, I am no longer using NRG's Imagio roms. Using the Dinik glass locks up and I have to chronically soft reset. I also cannot view some video's like on my TP2 so off to start cooking my own. Otherwise they are clean. =)
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:12 AM
Lurker

firefighterguy is a n00b

I Have been downloading these ROM's since the 16 May ROM and usually go back and forth between the flat 2.5 ROM and the Cookie ROM respectively. And these are the first ROM's I have flashed to. If only I knew it was this easy a few years ago... Anyways, I currently downloaded the 10 Jul 21908 Cookie ROM.

I have 2 possibly rediculous questions (as I am a firefighter/emt and I run into burning buildings or up to a car crash while everyone else is running away from it - so I have never claimed to be amung the most intelligent men) :

1) I have noticed that once in a while the Cookie ROM's are CFC compressed. I prefer that, as it seems to help me have the most available program memory (possibly referred to as RAM?). And when it is not CFC compressed, I tend to use the flat 2.5 and install the lastest CHT and editor, because the regular 2.5 ROM's are CFC compressed by default if I am not mistaken. Is there any way to manually CFC compress the Cookie ROM? Or any kind of compression?

2) I know it is recomended go use UC and/or Sashimi. But again, I'm still a little Sashimi-retarted still. So until I am able to familiarize myself with it enough, I use SKTools (latest version) and it allows me to delete invalid registry entries/values. The previous ROM's (16 May - 11 Jun) allowed me to backup my device. Ever since the 29 Jun ROM, whenever I make a backup, it (SKTools) makes a folder on my storage card something similar to "$$$DeleteThis" and makes an ".exe" file AND a ".head" file. And neither one restores the backup. I have even tried executing both files and soft reset to no avail. And it does not do that on 16 May - 11 Jun ROM's. And it makes perfectly good backups on those particular ROM's. Is there a fix to that? Or any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help and time.

And NRGZ28 - keep up the outstanding work. HOOAH? To make these incredible ROM's without actually having an Imagio in front of you is just out-f#@%ing-standing in my book, brother.

Last edited by firefighterguy; 07-13-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
1) I have noticed that once in a while the Cookie ROM's are CFC compressed. I prefer that, as it seems to help me have the most available program memory (possibly referred to as RAM?). And when it is not CFC compressed, I tend to use the flat 2.5 and install the lastest CHT and editor, because the regular 2.5 ROM's are CFC compressed by default if I am not mistaken. Is there any way to manually CFC compress the Cookie ROM? Or any kind of compression?
If you would like to CFC compress CHT, you need to look at THIS page. You also will need to use a program to extract the files from the cab (IE: WinCE Cab manager) in order to change the files and recreate the cab. It is really easy to do, but to be honest, you probably won't see much of a difference with a CFC'ed CHT. The size difference is only about 1MB.
Another way to do this is to use CFC gui to CFC compress all the manila files on your device (I have never tried it this way, but I assume it will work, just make sure that CHT is already installed before you run it).
If you have trouble, let me know and I can whip up a cab for you.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 07-13-2010 at 10:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
And NRGZ28 - keep up the outstanding work. HOOAH? To make these incredible ROM's without actually having an Imagio in front of you is just out-f#@%ing-standing in my book, brother. =D>
I keep forgetting this fact. Indeed, I am also extremely grateful!
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE
Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Lurker

firefighterguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
If you would like to CFC compress CHT, you need to look at THIS page. You also will need to use a program to extract the files from the cab (IE: WinCE Cab manager) in order to change the files and recreate the cab. It is really easy to do, but to be honest, you probably won't see much of a difference with a CFC'ed CHT. The size difference is only about 1MB.
Another way to do this is to use CFC gui to CFC compress all the manila files on your device (I have never tried it this way, but I assume it will work, just make sure that CHT is already installed before you run it).
Thank you, jmart. I will try the suggestions you provided and letcha know if I need further tutoring LOL.
I understand what you're saying about only a difference of about 1MB. But the weirdest thing is when I look at my program memory with a Cookie ROM w/o CFC compression, it's in the 60's. When I am using a Cookie ROM with CFC compression, it's in the 70's - 80's (usually 70's). Am I missing something somewhere? Is the difference in 10 MB's strange? Or is my phone just possessed?

Digressing....
I forgot to mention in my previous post: Am I the only one experiencing difficulties in trying to get Word Mobile to have the default storage location on the SD card (on 04 Jul - 10 Jul Cookie ROM's)? I like to do that as well as well as have the default file type be 97-2003 .doc - as a lot of people I know don't have MSWord 2007 or newer (myself as well as most hospitals I go to as well as the firehouse). But after I set it, it defaults back as if I never touched the settings.

Last edited by firefighterguy; 07-13-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Thank you, jmart. I will try the suggestions you provided and letcha know if I need further tutoring LOL.
I understand what you're saying about only a difference of about 1MB. But the weirdest thing is when I look at my program memory with a Cookie ROM w/o CFC compression, it's in the 60's. When I am using a Cookie ROM with CFC compression, it's in the 70's - 80's (usually 70's). Am I missing something somewhere? Is the difference in 10 MB's strange? Or is my phone just possessed?

Digressing....
I forgot to mention in my previous post: Am I the only one experiencing difficulties in trying to get Word Mobile to have the default storage location on the SD card (on 04 Jul - 10 Jul Cookie ROM's)? I like to do that as well as well as have the default file type be 97-2003 .doc - as a lot of people I know don't have MSWord 2007 or newer (myself as well as most hospitals I go to as well as the firehouse). But after I set it, it defaults back as if I never touched the settings.
I'm sorry, I completely misread your question. I thought you were using a non-Cookie CFC compressed ROM and wanted to add a CFC'ed cab of CHT to the ROM. That is what I meant by only saving around 1MB. However, when all of Manila is CFC compressed, you will save a lot of space and it will be much snappier.
From what it sounds like and if I understand right, you will want to use the second method I suggested earlier, "Patch Manila on device".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Lurker

Hametup is a n00b

Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jul 10| 21908|dINIK

This has worked great for me...I tweaked it a bit and cht was slow at first but once it settled down my Imagio is working like a charm...and yes YouTube is working...Thanks NRG Great Work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (5.7 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (9.8 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (9.6 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4.jpg (8.2 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Lurker

firefighterguy is a n00b

Quote:
Ok, sir. Reporting back as previously stated.

Turns out, I founnd out I have one of these programs (CFC gui 0.60.35) because I was going to try to edit the clock ( I like the white on black in the 16 May ROM), but I have no idea how to use it yet, which is part of the reason why I wanted to be able to backup my phone - so I can start playing with it and when I f%&k it up, I can restore it LOL. I tend to learn best by getting thrown into the fire and learn by trial and error.

Is WinCE CAB Manager cooked into NRG's ROM's already? If I understand you correctly, I need a cab manager to create a cab to the execute at a specific time? Is the cab manager in SKTools adequate? Or is there one in Total Commander?

My appologies for the seemingly rediculous questions. I can hang tough with anyone hacking the registry settings. But totally mod'ing the OS and sys files is new to me. I kinda got hooked after I flashed my phone for the first time. You guys have created a monster! rofl

Last edited by firefighterguy; 07-13-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Lurker

firefighterguy is a n00b

Quote:
I'm sorry, I completely misread your question. I thought you were using a non-Cookie CFC compressed ROM and wanted to add a CFC'ed cab of CHT to the ROM. That is what I meant by only saving around 1MB. However, when all of Manila is CFC compressed, you will save a lot of space and it will be much snappier.
From what it sounds like and if I understand right, you will want to use the second method I suggested earlier, "Patch Manila on device".
No worries bro. I could have picked a better way to ask my question.

I'll try do the second method you were talking about. I would feel more comfortable doing that after I figure out whats going on with my backup probs......oh screw it. I am going to try it anyways . I can always restore manually, right? roflmao. How do I go about using CFC gui to compress the Manila files as you suggested?

My appologies for the seemingly rediculous questions. I can hang tough with anyone hacking the registry settings. But totally mod'ing the OS and sys files is new to me. I kinda got hooked after I flashed my phone for the first time. You guys have created a monster! rofl

Last edited by firefighterguy; 07-13-2010 at 01:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development