View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
firefighterguy
Lurker

firefighterguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jul 8| 21908|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
If you would like to CFC compress CHT, you need to look at THIS page. You also will need to use a program to extract the files from the cab (IE: WinCE Cab manager) in order to change the files and recreate the cab. It is really easy to do, but to be honest, you probably won't see much of a difference with a CFC'ed CHT. The size difference is only about 1MB.
Another way to do this is to use CFC gui to CFC compress all the manila files on your device (I have never tried it this way, but I assume it will work, just make sure that CHT is already installed before you run it).
If you have trouble, let me know and I can whip up a cab for you.
Thank you, jmart. I will try the suggestions you provided and letcha know if I need further tutoring LOL.
I understand what you're saying about only a difference of about 1MB. But the weirdest thing is when I look at my program memory with a Cookie ROM w/o CFC compression, it's in the 60's. When I am using a Cookie ROM with CFC compression, it's in the 70's - 80's (usually 70's). Am I missing something somewhere? Is the difference in 10 MB's strange? Or is my phone just possessed?

Digressing....
I forgot to mention in my previous post: Am I the only one experiencing difficulties in trying to get Word Mobile to have the default storage location on the SD card (on 04 Jul - 10 Jul Cookie ROM's)? I like to do that as well as well as have the default file type be 97-2003 .doc - as a lot of people I know don't have MSWord 2007 or newer (myself as well as most hospitals I go to as well as the firehouse). But after I set it, it defaults back as if I never touched the settings.

Last edited by firefighterguy; 07-13-2010 at 12:33 PM.