View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 AM
jmart518
Cookin' Project: Teya

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jul 8| 21908|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
1) I have noticed that once in a while the Cookie ROM's are CFC compressed. I prefer that, as it seems to help me have the most available program memory (possibly referred to as RAM?). And when it is not CFC compressed, I tend to use the flat 2.5 and install the lastest CHT and editor, because the regular 2.5 ROM's are CFC compressed by default if I am not mistaken. Is there any way to manually CFC compress the Cookie ROM? Or any kind of compression?
If you would like to CFC compress CHT, you need to look at THIS page. You also will need to use a program to extract the files from the cab (IE: WinCE Cab manager) in order to change the files and recreate the cab. It is really easy to do, but to be honest, you probably won't see much of a difference with a CFC'ed CHT. The size difference is only about 1MB.
Another way to do this is to use CFC gui to CFC compress all the manila files on your device (I have never tried it this way, but I assume it will work, just make sure that CHT is already installed before you run it).
If you have trouble, let me know and I can whip up a cab for you.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 07-13-2010 at 10:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.