PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 06:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Notice About Stealing Software, NFSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifiling View Post
it is plagiarism. can't deny that. and it was wrong and a bad move. but guess he said to himself one day, "think i'll steal no2chem's (one of the most popular guys on the site) work...and claim it as my own."

to think that was his plan....is what's silly.
That is exactly what happened, and I'd say it was a 'silly plan', and to dismiss the possibility that, beacuse it's so dumb it couldn't have been the intent, is plain foolish. Usually its the simplest explanation that applies, and in this case it is correct. What apparently happened is the efforts put into the deception weren't good enough and the code left behind was missed. DOH!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Ever notice how you view other people as basically being like yourself?
i do that a lot. and sometimes i'm wrong.

but another scenario that would make sense, once again is the "i didn't know i was doing anything wrong" outlook rather then the...."ha ha, suckered that legendary, super popular No2Chem right into the information i needed. now i can jus delete his name and make this rom look completely like my own, right here on the exact same website that he's a God on."

one view makes more sense then other wouldn't u agree? one is a bad move, the other is jus Dumb.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
That is exactly what happened, and I'd say it was a 'silly plan', and to dismiss the possibility that, beacuse it's so dumb it couldn't have been the intent, is plain foolish. Usually its the simplest explanation that applies, and in this case it is correct. What apparently happened is the efforts put into the deception weren't good enough and the code left behind was missed. DOH!
you could be right. hell i don't know. i don't have a vogue so i don't use his stuff anyway. No2Chem all the way for me, been using his roms since the beginning. on the clean 5067 titan rom right now.

like u said usually it's the simplest explanation that applies, so it is likely.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifiling View Post
but another scenario that would make sense, once again is the "i didn't know i was doing anything wrong" outlook rather then the...."ha ha, suckered that legendary, super popular No2Chem right into the information i needed. now i can jus delete his name and make this rom look completely like my own, right here on the exact same website that he's a God on."
But that's just it...that scenario doesn't make sense. You'd have to explain how he managed to get a contraband app that doesn't seem to exist anywhere else. At best, you could suggest that maybe he had a stupid accomplice. Unfortunately, there isn't a single shred of evidence to support that.

Quote:
one view makes more sense then other wouldn't u agree? one is a bad move, the other is jus Dumb.
Yes, unfortunately I think we disagree on which view makes more sense.

Last edited by gguruusa; 09-14-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

there's lots of dumb criminals out there. in fact, lots of shows have been made featuring the dumbest criminals caught on video. Just because the rest of us see their plans as dumb doesn't mean those who chose to steal, burglarize, etc. did. I'm not sure how removing code, limited to the author's identity, can be anything but intentional. BTW, love your work no2chem.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:10 AM
VIP Member

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

DAMN....this would get me really PO'd if I were No2. Gotta tell ya though, No2 is a class act cause he ripped the guy a new one in a professional manner.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:37 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

This is one of the reasons I spend a bit of my free time to make OEM's, release kitchens, etc... Too many chefs with a donation button that are actually trying to profit off someone elses free work. I honestly thought that his reference to the 1% battery driver was his inability to replace a .dll in a rom and someone helped him...I thought it was funny at first. But seeing this I don't approve. As a former shareware author I can understand this sticky. NSFAN, DHARVEY, and ppchaven.com are all on my **** list. Are there any more dharvey cronies we need to take care of?

But if anyone is interested, that's the beef I had w/dharvey. Taking other peoples FREE work and wanting payment for himself. A donation button is ok, but as long as folks understand it's a compensation for your time putting someones else's free pieces together. He mislead many users here about what was his, and mislead many users here about his drivers... I wonder how much he made off that scam...

Old 09-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I haven't seen "hex++ programming" like that since we used to rename (hex edit) 2.5 lag punters on AOL back in 94-95'.

What he did was hardly "by accident" it's an out right hex edit.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

What I don't understand which many members have already eluded too is the fact that he knows No2 probably was knowledgable enough to figure out what he did exactly in the fashion he displayed in the initial post in this thread. With that said I am not understanding why one would blantantly do it openly for all to see, especially amongst this clandestined group knowledgable enough to scrutinize the work with a fine tooth comb. I really don't get it?
Old 09-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post

However, I must now regrettably enforce the consequences. Although the forum recommends an instant-ban for this type of offense, as it is "warez", It appears that a discussion between moderators have reached the consensus to be lenient, and that the appropriate consequence for this type of offense is 2-week ban for regular users, 3-weeks for "those who should have known better". Effective immediately, NFSFAN's ROMS have been pulled due to their illegal content, and all users who post content of this nature will be banned for 3-weeks. This is of course, acceptable to the alternative, a DMCA takedown notice sent to PPCGeeks.
uh...who said anything about being lenient? i know i didnt...thats a a one touch ban right there

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue