PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Notice About Stealing Software, NFSFAN

It was an AWESOME job of editing the references to nue and wei out, AMAZING work.

Does the above qualify me for FanBoyDom?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

I'm with you on this one n2chem, I just started doing some programming, though I haven't started anythign for the mobile platform yet, this is just stealing, and its just wrong. It takes hours to code debug and recode, that's a cold piece of work but you handled things very professionally.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
You guys are funny...lol. Kind of slimey though, because as Colonel pointed it the guy kept peppering him and No2 with questions and obviously setting them up the entire time.
I think you missed the point. He would ask questions and we would be happy to help as with any other users. However, when things like this come to light, it is quite ironic that he was only asking the questions to get enough info. It wasn't about actually trying to learn, but just to gain enough info to satisfy his needs.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 09-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

namyboyz44 is a n00b

no2chem...you are my hero!!!keep up the good work man
Old 09-14-2008, 04:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
I think you missed the point. He would ask questions and we would be happy to help as with any other users. However, when things like this come to light, it is quite ironic that he was only asking the questions to get enough info. It wasn't about actually trying to learn, but just to gain enough info to satisfy his needs.
Uh exactly what my point was.. he basicly baited to get the info he needed to pull it off. think our points basicly mean the same thing and to further expound I think the free heartedness of you guys offering help willingly only makes this stink more considering the end result of what he did with the info you guys provided.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

atsi is a n00b

Well I have certainly been caught off guard by this news. I will be removing all of the ROMs and removing NSF account from my FTP and website. I do not stand for software theft, nor for this kind of behavior. I actually was defending NSF and now regret my actions. I hate being taken advantage of......
Old 09-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

although it appears to be blatantly stealing...i don't believe that's exactly what he was trying to do. It IS stealing, but to steal your neighbor's bicycle, and ride it in the same neighborhood would be jus plain stupid...and i don't think he's that dumb.

i'd be quite upset too if i was No2chem, and would feel the need to address it...but at the same time, i think he jus made an honest mistake.

kind of like a, "sorry, i didn't mean anything by it" type of situation.

that's my view on it....could be wrong though.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:00 AM
Lurker

atsi is a n00b

Although it is possible that NSF was not aware of the transgression and naively incorporated the stolen code without knowing, it is still not the correct way to do things.

All ROMs and the account I have set up for NSF to host them have been deleted.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsi View Post
Although it is possible that NSF was not aware of the transgression and naively incorporated the stolen code without knowing, it is still not the correct way to do things.

All ROMs and the account I have set up for NSF to host them have been deleted.
it's not the right way to do things. but like you said "it is possible that NSF was not aware of the transgression and naively incorporated the stolen code without knowing."

so with that being the case, wouldn't this be a pretty harsh punishment for not knowing?? if it was done sneakily and intentionally, then i can understand.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:13 AM
Lurker

atsi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifiling View Post
so with that being the case, wouldn't this be a pretty harsh punishment for not knowing?? if it was done sneakily and intentionally, then i can understand.
Until I know anything different other than the direct evidence presented here, I have no choice but to remove the account and the ROMs. To not do otherwise could put me in personal jeopardy and is not fair to no2chem.

If there is an amicable resolution to this situation between NSF and any authors of work he has included in his ROMs and it can be shown that it was a mistake or misunderstanding, then I will support the files again.

Actually, I will support all ROM makers on my site for free if they request it. I will provide secure and free FTP accounts and the web hosting to distribute the ROMs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue