PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Notice About Stealing Software, NFSFAN

Quote from Godbody (above):
True that yay yay, but what do we do ban the dude for life and then have him take his knowledge (much of which he learned right here) and run off to another forum?

Thats OK we have plenty of people here who know how to use a hex editor, and that actually would have done the job correctly and gotten ALL the stuff!

Well anyway, back to seriousness, I am sure now he will have plenty of time to work on his kitchen developement, and keep his fan(boys) happy. I wonder if his kitchen will work on the Titan as WELL AS the Mogul?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

actually dude was very arrogant to begin with .... me and him had dialog about this via pm I had asked him if he mind if I used his package for usb2pc because I thought that he had made it generic but after digging deeper into it I also notice that it was no2chems ... and I asked how no2chem felt about him using it .... then I offered a different way for him to create his rom using bepe's allpackagestoone tool and he stole that and called it nfsfan's rom protection I can copy and paste that dialog between us
Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here is my suggestion to anyone trying to rationalize what was done.. Attempt it yourself its not hard to do it is very time consuming (for the novice) and I can guarantee you that the people who do not know what they are doing (NFSFAN like) will accomplish the same amount of editing due to having no understanding of how things work and what is safe to change. The facts are the facts he is a lying scamming crook who took advantage of all of the Bell users and the few Sprint he got (plus all the chefs he pestered for info).

He was so quick to make accusations to others about stealing his work (which he doesnt know anything just review his post history if you doubt what I say I mean dam he didnt even know Mogul and Titan where the same phone and you expect us to believe he can do anything on his own).

This whole scenario reminds me of AOL and what they did when there servers got hacked and downloaded and they made a big announcement they where going free to blind everyone about all the employess they laid off due to the potential lawsuits they faced for storing information in violation of terms of agreement. Well NFSB00N did the same thing here he made alot of noise about people stealing his work (which indeed he stole across the board from everyone including many cooks over at XDA) to justify putting some lame *** non-existent protection on his ROM (which as u guys saw was dumped in less then 5 minutes by real chefs) a fact he would have known could be done if he had 1 iota of a brain cell. When the real reasoning behind it was he thought the ROM protection would hide the fact that every item in it was stolen from one place or another.

TO ANSWER OTHERS STATEMENTS YES HE IS JUST THAT STUPID.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

Last edited by NexVision; 09-14-2008 at 01:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Please do share jd!

Old 09-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Wow... Busted IS RIGHT!

Good job n2c, but I'd say a DMCA takedown notice to PPCGeeks is a tad extreme... any other site though, be my guest! We don't want the f%$king BSA to show their faces at Mike's house...

Well, I have to say I never thought anyone could stoop so low.

But don't do what A_C did and suspend development! Keep up the great work!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work

Well I havent shared this but he came in geeks chat a few weeks back asking how the kitchen compiles the rgu because he felt it needed 'cleaning up'.... so when i asked him why he needs to clean up ppckitchen rgu's whe he uses HIS OWN kitchen, he disappeared.

And yes there were others present who witnessed the whole thing. The whole thing is just plain bizarre. I personally think the dude has squirrels juggling knives in his head.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
actually dude was very arrogant to begin with .... me and him had dialog about this via pm I had asked him if he mind if I used his package for usb2pc because I thought that he had made it generic but after digging deeper into it I also notice that it was no2chems ... and I asked how no2chem felt about him using it .... then I offered a different way for him to create his rom using bepe's allpackagestoone tool and he stole that and called it nfsfan's rom protection I can copy and paste that dialog between us
Please do.

If he knew he was busted and still kept going with out giving credit, yeah -- that's a ban.

Dan and him had great roms. Just.... way too much greedy.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thats just it walla what u loved so much came directly from the kitchen. Maybe they didnt use buildos for compiling but with all the updates they where doing they where using the same bases just a older buildos. So what you really loved was made for use in the ppckitchen and made by the ppckitchen staff.

Last edited by NexVision; 09-14-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

NFS got busted.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue / Epic 4G

ghostridr is keeping up the good workghostridr is keeping up the good work

Just 3 things come to mind from all this mess from my light observations thus far in regards to this ongoing topic...

"thieves and liars are so distrustful and shady, they'll accuse everyone/anyone around them because of their lack of moral compass and paranoia"

"birds of a feather flock together"

hit n run in order to make a quick buck....

Epic 4G - Stock (30day trail) until 10/1 when SERO/500 restrictions are lifted. Epic+SERO = $50 per month FTW =D>

Last edited by ghostridr; 09-14-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue