PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Re: Notice About Stealing Software, NFSFAN

Alright so here's a question for everyone, why isn't all the threads with Manila 2D removed and the people who posted them banned?

udK the person on XDA who got it working never posted it to the community. Now I realize he didn't make all of it, as HTC did play a part, but he did customize it a lot, and get it working in qvga. Compare that to hergila which runs at 3fps on our vogues. Anyways he posted his rom, and it was disected by everyone there (including me) and now it's all over the place, here included. Yes there is credit given to him, but no one asked him for it, nor did he say we could disect his rom and put it elsewhere.

So are all the Manila 2D threads where people post it, and include it in their roms going to be deleted / banned? Hell some of them don't even include credit to udK, but to XDA-Team which are the ones that hacked it from his rom.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not defending NSFFan, I think he took it over the top with renaming stuff. I am just pointing out it happens a lot it seems in the community.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Hell mobility

portenio is just getting started

iF IS FREEWARE IS FAIR TRADE... Want to be credited/remunerated for your work... Put a price tag to it, and problem solved... If you didn't then expect that people will use it and change it any way they see it fits...
As Wolfdv mentioned... We are all greatfull for all you've done no2chem... But the only one who really spent time on bell users was NFSFan.. Hence (Bell mobility members) the only chef with decent roms for bell is kaput...

NOTE: mixxy is all up to you now... so better start cracking... You got big shoes to fill...
Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You guys are losing site of the fact noone cares that he used it the problem is he went out of his way and removed the creators name then claimed it as his own.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispipe View Post
i've (kinda) been in a semi-similar spot.
How's that Linux kitchen?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

lotus f1 is just getting started

I don't get it either... all this just so that you are recognized on the net by annonymous people you will never meet. I mean it's one thing if it's pulling money out of your pocket...other then that who really cares? LOL.. Who really cares or loses sleep.

If all this stuff is so vitale to your online persona then protect it appropiately from the get go. Make it a business. If it's just to have people ohhh and ahhh at you well then.. thats just kinda strange to me.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by portenio View Post
Want to be credited/remunerated for your work... Put a price tag to it, and problem solved...
You might have something there...I suggest no2chem change his license to free for personal use unless you're a Bell user...then it's $20.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdv View Post
So he used nochems work, big deal.. at least its being used; isnt that good enough. NFSFAN's roms are used by thousands of people, I would be happy just to know that my work was being used regardless of if I was credited or not. (I realize that nochem's work is used by most of the chefs for a variety of reasons, I think its already generally accepted by everyone that he has done alot for the ppc community (wouldnt be the same without him), regardless if he wasnt officially credited or not on this rom, oh well.

Yes, nfsfan should have gave nochem proper accreditation, but even if not .. so freakin what? really its just some code, in a matter of years it will be long forgotten anyways.

Banning a great chef, that at the moment has many many loyal supporters isnt the answer either. (it was his rom that brought many bell users to the forum, including myself)

I dunno, To be honest I think this whole mess has been blown out of proportion a bit...

ya Nochem, we know you do alot for everyone around here, but let it go, do you really have to be thanked and credited every single time? Seems a little conceited/arrogant to me..

NFSFAN should at least be able to defend himself from all the flaming and accusations ..
LoL @ the fanboy... "its just some code"... so if you painted a painting or wrote a book it would be ok for people to copy and put their name on it and use it as they would? You are nothing but a glutton who will take whatever you can for free, and you defend a criminal ONLY because you also reaped the benefits. IF, I repeat IF, you ever find a creative bone in your body, maybe you will understand what its like to have your work stolen. For all your great talk about NFSFAN, I will bet you never donated to him.

Besides that, there are laws regarding creative property rights, and specifically software and code. I think you are right Nex, it seems to be the majority of Bell users mentality.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Hell mobility

portenio is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You might have something there...I suggest no2chem change his license to free for personal use unless you're a Bell user...then it's $20.
IF money is what you all want? then just come out and say it...(Don't be beating around the bush).
Money is no issue for me... I'd be happy to pay for a good product, name the price, but give me something that works accordingly...
Old 09-15-2008, 02:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

There is enough politics going on in the world today... do we really need it all over PPCGeeks too?

/me goes off to look for cool new software

Thanks again to all you who have made my PPC amazing!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:01 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by portenio View Post
IF money is what you all want? then just come out and say it...(Don't be beating around the bush).
Money is no issue for me... I'd be happy to pay for a good product, name the price, but give me something that works accordingly...
ROFL - please stop, your killing me.

Tell me what you want...if it's reasonable and you escrow sufficient funds up front, I'll make it for you.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue