View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 AM
itsall_cooool
Halfway to VIP Status

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Notice About Stealing Software, NFSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdv View Post
So he used nochems work, big deal.. at least its being used; isnt that good enough. NFSFAN's roms are used by thousands of people, I would be happy just to know that my work was being used regardless of if I was credited or not. (I realize that nochem's work is used by most of the chefs for a variety of reasons, I think its already generally accepted by everyone that he has done alot for the ppc community (wouldnt be the same without him), regardless if he wasnt officially credited or not on this rom, oh well.

Yes, nfsfan should have gave nochem proper accreditation, but even if not .. so freakin what? really its just some code, in a matter of years it will be long forgotten anyways.

Banning a great chef, that at the moment has many many loyal supporters isnt the answer either. (it was his rom that brought many bell users to the forum, including myself)

I dunno, To be honest I think this whole mess has been blown out of proportion a bit...

ya Nochem, we know you do alot for everyone around here, but let it go, do you really have to be thanked and credited every single time? Seems a little conceited/arrogant to me..

NFSFAN should at least be able to defend himself from all the flaming and accusations ..
LoL @ the fanboy... "its just some code"... so if you painted a painting or wrote a book it would be ok for people to copy and put their name on it and use it as they would? You are nothing but a glutton who will take whatever you can for free, and you defend a criminal ONLY because you also reaped the benefits. IF, I repeat IF, you ever find a creative bone in your body, maybe you will understand what its like to have your work stolen. For all your great talk about NFSFAN, I will bet you never donated to him.

Besides that, there are laws regarding creative property rights, and specifically software and code. I think you are right Nex, it seems to be the majority of Bell users mentality.