PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 06:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

clayfu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

HUGE problem, haven't seen anyone mention it.

I did a hard reset, installed the new rom.. then did another hard reset.
My phone won't connect to the data or phone network. I can't reprovision my internet (IOTA), i get the error 1012. I tried ##3282# and restoring my phone and nothing.

Sigh. Any suggestions? I've reinstalled the rom, done countless hard resets
Old 06-29-2008, 07:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

BlkCat is just getting started
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfu View Post

My phone won't connect to the data or phone network. I can't reprovision my internet (IOTA), i get the error 1012. I tried ##3282# and restoring my phone and nothing.

That happened to me, and for some reason after I ran the unlocker again (I had assumed the official rom locked the phone) it seemed to work. Net is still kinda buggy but it's better.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

I have Unlocker 2.31 on min as well and everything is perfect, I was thinking about going back to the default SPL, but never got around to trying it
Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch (voque)

huskrfj is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to huskrfj

Gotta say, I love this ROM. I had the alltel GPS ROM on my vogue b4 this and all though it worked it was buggy and the blue alltel crap drove me nuts. I like all the custom ROMs but for some reason I always pined for stock sprint after I changed things.
Love the new full qwerty keyboard, I can type with my fingers and do pretty well.
The GPS works flawlessly with live search locks within 10 seconds in my living room.
Sprint TV actually works.
Opera 8.6.... ehhemmm... 9.5 works well not great.

Also using spb backup as mentioned in an earlier post. Using the ROM upgrade mode, I was able to get all my contacts, emails, messages, programs working again on this ROM without having to reinstall everything.

The only thing I can see this is missing is the mp3 trimmer from the alltel ROM, Does anyone have a CAB for that? I liked making ringtones on the fly.

Also The Alltel ROM had a picture video mail software that Even though I never got to work, it looked promising. Anyone got any solutions for that?

Thanks to all who have done the grunt work on getting this out there and working. PPCgeeks is an awesome resource.

Last edited by huskrfj; 06-29-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

huskrfj is a n00b

Also I have been having problems with gmail.
I have it set up in imap and can send and receive but cannot get attachments to download. I like to send myself CAB files this way. I had it set up on the stock sprint ROM in imap b4 and it worked fine but now I can't get it to work.
Any suggestions?
thanks,
huskrfj
Old 06-29-2008, 12:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch

Xanius is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Xanius Send a message via AIM to Xanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfu View Post

Call up and get get to advance tech and tell them you need to manually program your phone.
Just get the nai and password and put em in and it should be fine.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
You run PPST by looking in the Windows folder (windows/PPST.exe) for a file called "PPST" and just click on it.

The custom roms require you to run PPST to provision your GPS and Data services, and then GPS works great (at least for me) with no issues.

This New official one does not require you to manually run PPST because it already does it for you when it runs the customizations at first boot (For Sprint Users).

I agree, this New Official ROM has been working flawlessly for me, and has been a heck of a lot snappier!
Unfortunately, his ROM didn't come with the PPST.exe file, and everyone was just loading this ROM, THEN his... (OMJ's)

I wonder if the PPST.exe can be copied from this ROM, and used on his? I have been running for over 24 hours, and I still get quick GPS locks--on his (and every other ROM,) I lose GPS after a few hours, and I have to soft-reset...

So far, I'm impressed with this stock ROM. I can deal with a bit of Sprint bloat-ware until a flawless custom ROM comes out...
Old 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

iamjasonc is just getting started

Haha....so I installed the newest ROM on my roommates phone....and after reloading all her old contacts and stuff using spb backup (which took 3 HOURS because i realized she had never ever cleared her text messages) I opened up her text messages and it was still threading them. Then my phone started beeping and i had 15 text messages come in from her phone. I looked at her sent messages, and her phone was resending out EVERY SINGLE TEXT MESSAGE EVER, lol. I quickly held down the end key to turn off the radio so it couldnt send any more out.

Has anyone else had this happen ever? She was kinda pissed because she was getting text messages from old boyfriends all morning, lol.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:58 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Unfortunately, his ROM didn't come with the PPST.exe file, and everyone was just loading this ROM, THEN his... (OMJ's)

I wonder if the PPST.exe can be copied from this ROM, and used on his? I have been running for over 24 hours, and I still get quick GPS locks--on his (and every other ROM,) I lose GPS after a few hours, and I have to soft-reset...

So far, I'm impressed with this stock ROM. I can deal with a bit of Sprint bloat-ware until a flawless custom ROM comes out...

Here ya go buddy. This is the PPST.exe file that your looking for. Just unzip, place it in your windows folder and run it. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPST_Sprint.zip (160.4 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!

Old 06-29-2008, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

huskrfj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post

The only thing I can see this is missing is the mp3 trimmer from the alltel ROM, Does anyone have a CAB for that? I liked making ringtones on the fly.

Also The Alltel ROM had a picture video mail software that Even though I never got to work, it looked promising. Anyone got any solutions for that?

Thanks to all who have done the grunt work on getting this out there and working. PPCgeeks is an awesome resource.
bueller...bueller?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development