PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Tour 9630 World Edition
Carrier: Sprint - 2 Line

esg707 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to esg707 Send a message via Yahoo to esg707
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

anyone having a weird sound while on a call and u get another incoming call... its like 3-4 loud beeps then the normal call waiting beep... this happen back when the alltel rom came out but the sound was different... its worst now... i flashed two different touches and they both make the same sound now.

Unlimited Everything w/ 2 lines $100 * 27% on plan (-$27) +27% on various charges on bill and 27% off accessories. ... 12 yrs Loyal Sprint Customer!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint blows

hjl47 is a n00b

took the plunge, have been researching for a while. Decided to use the 'official' since no unlocking required. My computer was being weird, so active sync was connected, but only as a guest, so no contact update or anything. Even so, w/o a 'full' connection to activesync, just clicked the exe file and it upgraded perfectly, no issues. I now have gps, which is the only thing i really wanted.

thanks guys
Old 07-02-2008, 10:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

fyyzer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by esg707 View Post
anyone having a weird sound while on a call and u get another incoming call... its like 3-4 loud beeps then the normal call waiting beep... this happen back when the alltel rom came out but the sound was different... its worst now... i flashed two different touches and they both make the same sound now.
Yep, I'm getting that too and it's quite jarring when you get a call waiting announcement. Certainly can't miss it I guess.

I've seen some others talk about this on some of the other leaked roms and no one seems to have a fix for it unfortunately.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by esg707 View Post
yes i keep hearing the little green men from mars (marvin the martian) talking about taking over the earth with his xray gun xr4ti!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Master_SiteMisc286886.JPG (58.5 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dzuchowski; 07-02-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

rocknyc is just getting started

This new 'official' ROM makes my phone feel very sluggish. is anybody else having issues with usability? Are there some registry tweaks to make to run faster?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknyc View Post
This new 'official' ROM makes my phone feel very sluggish. is anybody else having issues with usability? Are there some registry tweaks to make to run faster?
Have you tried the recommended two hard resets?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
N00b

rocknyc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Have you tried the recommended two hard resets?
I hard reset it once after reflashing to the new ROM because it was running so slow. It's still running slow. Should I hard reset it again? When I do a hard reset, should i allow the Sprint customizations to run?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I havent upgraded yet. but from what i have read here, you should perform a second hard reset and yes let the customizations run. you can always go back and delete any of the unwanted programs added by sprint. Hope that helps.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
I posted it earlier in this thread. Here is the link:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...196#post328196

Enjoy!
I tried this and several other ways to get the extra tabs on HTC Home but no luck. This one gives me a cannot be installed security issue error. I am at a loss I have always had the 6 tab on my touch any ideas to help me.

Ok I got it to install and now it has frozen up my phone forcing a hard reset just like all the others anyone have a good way to make this work?

Last edited by gorillaguzzler; 07-02-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:10 PM
N00b
Carrier: sprint

sequen is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to sequen

does anyone no how to go back to the factory rom from sprint or if that is possible.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development