View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 01:12 PM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
You run PPST by looking in the Windows folder (windows/PPST.exe) for a file called "PPST" and just click on it.

The custom roms require you to run PPST to provision your GPS and Data services, and then GPS works great (at least for me) with no issues.

This New official one does not require you to manually run PPST because it already does it for you when it runs the customizations at first boot (For Sprint Users).

I agree, this New Official ROM has been working flawlessly for me, and has been a heck of a lot snappier!
Unfortunately, his ROM didn't come with the PPST.exe file, and everyone was just loading this ROM, THEN his... (OMJ's)

I wonder if the PPST.exe can be copied from this ROM, and used on his? I have been running for over 24 hours, and I still get quick GPS locks--on his (and every other ROM,) I lose GPS after a few hours, and I have to soft-reset...

So far, I'm impressed with this stock ROM. I can deal with a bit of Sprint bloat-ware until a flawless custom ROM comes out...