PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by w100d001 View Post
This is probably obvious but...
I'm a Bell customer in Canada... (White Rock, BC... 1 km from the US Border). I upgraded to the new Sprint ROM this morning. Love it but... because there is not a custom ROM out yet specific to bell, I'm stuck using the Sprint settings.

My question:
I assume because it is a Sprint ROM, my phone will try to access the towers in the US rather than in Canada... ???
The "service" settings in the "phone" control panel/setting is very specific to Sprint and obviously does not give a conclusive "Home Only" for Canadian Bell customers... any suggestions. I don't really want to flash back to OMJ OEM ROM MS Mobile 6.1 for Bell as it uses the leaked Sprint and not the new official ROM.

Side note:
GPS locks quicker than leaked version. Sweet.
Don
Ok to fix yours, you can't let Customizer run...Hard Reset and when it says Customizer about to begin in 3 seconds, Soft reset, that will fix your problem and keep you with Bell towers and not Sprint. You'll still have GPS and Rev. A don't worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeslumz View Post
ive been missing alot of calls and my text messages seem to be getting to my phone late with this rom..i think im just going to update the prl..if that doesnt change anything..im a have to go back to the titan radio...id rather have better reception..
Go ahead and update your PRL and also dial ##778#, go to Edit, enter your MSL code to unlock it, go to View Info and click on Modem Settings, then Edit the top setting, the default is 2, change it to 0 or 1, this will increase your ping with the towers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

w100d001 is a n00b

Thank you... thankfully i did that this morning.
It would be nice however to have the option in "phone/service" settings to change to "home only" like in the Bell ROM's.
I'll just have to wait til someone makes a custom Bell.

I do notice that someone has made a Bell ROM but I don't know how to use it as it's been supplied unconventionally.

See this forum:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30261

I downloaded the Bell ROM, extracted the .rar and it shows up as: RUU_signed.nbh
What is this?... it isn't an .exe file.
Ideas???
Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Yup, I'm sure there will be one later on...wait I think there might be one...h/o

EDIT: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30261

Check that thread out, it has the Stock ROM for Bell that has Rev. A and GPS enabled
Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w100d001 View Post
Thank you... thankfully i did that this morning.
It would be nice however to have the option in "phone/service" settings to change to "home only" like in the Bell ROM's.
I'll just have to wait til someone makes a custom Bell.

I do notice that someone has made a Bell ROM but I don't know how to use it as it's been supplied unconventionally.

See this forum:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30261

I downloaded the Bell ROM, extracted the .rar and it shows up as: RUU_signed.nbh
What is this?... it isn't an .exe file.
Ideas???
I'm taking a look at this right now
Old 06-28-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

dannyppc6700 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dannyppc6700 Send a message via Yahoo to dannyppc6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
its probably just the icon. If location was truely off you wouldnt have gps working. Prob just a faulty icon, i wouldnt worry about it much
my phone stops using GPS, icon reflects it. Reset in options.. still no GPS... dammit

i trhouht manually turning it backon would solve it. that sux
Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell Mobility

gp-se is just getting started

I just installed this on my Bell Mobility touch, everything seems to be working great, I made sure to skip customizations.
Data worked right away, and still using my old Bell PRL and PRI.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp-se View Post
I just installed this on my Bell Mobility touch, everything seems to be working great, I made sure to skip customizations.
Data worked right away, and still using my old Bell PRL and PRI.
you should use the Stock ROM for Bell...it's in another post, but hey it's whatever floats your boat
Old 06-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry curve 8330

joshuadb20 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyppc6700 View Post
yep. Try going itno start menu settings. does it hang?

whatversion are you using?
yes settings work fine no hang ups
Old 06-28-2008, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell Mobility

gp-se is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
you should use the Stock ROM for Bell...it's in another post, but hey it's whatever floats your boat
I was using stock for a long time, then I went to the 3.37 radio with OMJ's Bell OEM ROM. I like this new Sprint ROM because I get REV A, GPS, and I find it very fast\responsive.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

w100d001 is a n00b

The Bell Stock ROM is Mobile Version 6... seems a tad old school.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development