PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

austerville is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
see, that's what i posted a few pages back! get it on record from *2, then go to SEVERAL repair centers. i just picked up a samsung moment for the mrs. and jacksonville, florida is still doing the exchanges. i guess some stores have reached the max on ordering them, some stores have not. KEEP TRYING!
There are only 3 corporate repair stores in my area and two of them insist that they cannot replace my TP with a TP2 (they've offered the other options on the the WEL list). The 3rd store is the only one that has agreed to give me a TP2, but they have been unable to order it. I guess I could try some of the 3rd party repair stores.
Has anyone had any luck getting a TP2 from a S. Florida store?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
I guess I could try some of the 3rd party repair stores.
some folks had success there. read post #1451 and #1455 (page 146), maybe it'll help you and those still trying to do this. there are no set words or phrases that'll make it happen, it's all hit or miss. just keep swinging!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
some folks had success there. read post #1451 and #1455 (page 146), maybe it'll help you and those still trying to do this. there are no set words or phrases that'll make it happen, it's all hit or miss. just keep swinging!

Thanks, but I think I've tried all of those things already, including calling local stores (even the ones that don't offer repair) to ask them to sell me a TP2 and none of them had any stock (even for me to buy). They all told me that I have to order either online or through telesales. Of course I wasn't going to buy one, but I just wanted to see whether I was getting BS from the repair stores when they said that they couldn't order them, but it appears that they were actually telling the truth - they couldn't even sell me one. I find that very strange, but that appears to be the case from my calling around.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

dyra502 is just getting started

well i went again to the store here in Louisville,Kentucky to get my tp fix the send me another tp. Got home with that one found out it cut off if i slind it close took it back no luck with getting a tp2 they dont even sell them there. In up getting another tp could i just call sprint to get them to get me into a tp2
Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sinful1217 is just getting started

Wow I'm a bit urked that alot of people just wanting an upgrade went out and got Sprint to give them a TouchPro 2. When there are some of us who have really been having issues with their phones and not just one. I'm on my 3rd phone and only been with them for a year now. I think Customer Service should've stepped it up and considered that. When I took my phone in the other day they tried to give me either a Treo, Snap or Blackberry. Which I feel are all downgrades from a TouchPro. In no way am I trying to SCAM them out of a phone but damn 3 phones in 1yr and I just got one yesterday and right before that got one toward the end of August.

I'm not a hater. But this is total!!! They also said well u can upgrade and sign another two year contract. Um no! Why would I do that? Infact why would I spend more money when its clearly and issue with the phones and I only been a customer for a year. If customer service sucks this bad, why would I even stay?! Seriously if I gotta buy a new phone from Sprint then I am soooo done with them. I'll go BACK to Tmobile and buy a tp2 from them. Or better yet an Iphone. I was on the phone with Sprint today from 11:27am- 2:40pm being bounced bk n forth. My longest wait being 50min. And still no resolution. Only for them to tell me they will call me tomorrow. Ugh the frustration!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful1217 View Post
Wow I'm a bit urked that alot of people just wanting an upgrade went out and got Sprint to give them a TouchPro 2. When there are some of us who have really been having issues with their phones and not just one. I'm on my 3rd phone and only been with them for a year now. I think Customer Service should've stepped it up and considered that. When I took my phone in the other day they tried to give me either a Treo, Snap or Blackberry. Which I feel are all downgrades from a TouchPro. In no way am I trying to SCAM them out of a phone but damn 3 phones in 1yr and I just got one yesterday and right before that got one toward the end of August.

I'm not a hater. But this is total!!! They also said well u can upgrade and sign another two year contract. Um no! Why would I do that? Infact why would I spend more money when its clearly and issue with the phones and I only been a customer for a year. If customer service sucks this bad, why would I even stay?! Seriously if I gotta buy a new phone from Sprint then I am soooo done with them. I'll go BACK to Tmobile and buy a tp2 from them. Or better yet an Iphone. I was on the phone with Sprint today from 11:27am- 2:40pm being bounced bk n forth. My longest wait being 50min. And still no resolution. Only for them to tell me they will call me tomorrow. Ugh the frustration!
I feel your pain I'm on my 8 tp in one year and picking up my 9th one tomorrow it sucks I just wont a phone that works and i will be happy. either a tp or tp2
Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sinful1217 is just getting started

8! In one year??? OMG I woulda left Sprint already.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyra502 View Post
I feel your pain I'm on my 8 tp in one year and picking up my 9th one tomorrow it sucks I just wont a phone that works and i will be happy. either a tp or tp2
I'm on my 5th. After they couldn't order a TP2, I told them to just give me another TP. Everything else is truly a downgrade.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

smegma is becoming a great contributor

If its out-of-stock speak to a manager. I spoke to a tech and he told me it was OOS. A manager then came by and was able to order the TP2 and I will be receiving it tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful1217 View Post
8! In one year??? OMG I woulda left Sprint already.
i would but i luv my tp

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro