PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
From what I can gather reading the last few pages of this thread is that the TP2 is most likely been temporarily removed from the WEL list because it is OOS. I have a feeling they don't want to rack up a huge backlog that can never be filled, and now they're just waiting on HTC to manufacture more TP2's. I personally have not tried to get mine replaced yet, but I do have some of the common issues - I'm just dealing with them for now. For all those that are getting frustrated with Sprint, just be patient. I don't think they anticipated this much activity (even though they already admitted the TP1 is the most problematic phone they've ever had). Really, when you think about it, this is all HTC's fault... they made a crappy phone for Sprint, and now they can't keep up with demand for its replacement. Several posts here say it will be OOS until after Christmas. If your phone works, I say just be patient. If it doesn't, go ahead and get another TP (even if it is your 100th replacement or whatever) and just be patient. Once HTC catches up with the backlog, I'm sure it will show up on the WEL list again.
well put! i hope folks read this or post #1451 or #1455 instead of coming to the end and asking the same ol'. just like the tp when it 1st came out, the tp2 has run out for right now. but they will be back!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

Markus11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey folks. I'm not willing to read through all these pages but I just wanted to say that I had talked to Sprint on Tuesday regarding my keyboard locking up (on my 3rd TP for this problem) and just received yet another TP in the mail. So I personally did not get the free upgrade.

PS: Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for quite awhile but finally posting. =)
Old 11-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus11 View Post
Hey folks. I'm not willing to read through all these pages but I just wanted to say that I had talked to Sprint on Tuesday regarding my keyboard locking up (on my 3rd TP for this problem) and just received yet another TP in the mail. So I personally did not get the free upgrade.

PS: Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for quite awhile but finally posting. =)
1st, welcome to the battlefield soldier. 2nd, maybe you should read post #1455.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

willielumpx2 is a n00b

contact the Better Business Bureau
Old 11-12-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by willielumpx2 View Post
contact the Better Business Bureau
Why would you want to do that? As far as I can tell Sprint is trying to do the right thing by allowing people to upgrade their phone for free. The fact that they ran out of replacement phones and only have a few left that they would like to keep for new customers is acceptable. I too am annoyed that I'm having problems with my phone, but that's not Sprint's fault. Granted some of their employees could do with some people handling skills, but, except for running out sooner than they anticipated and some miscommunication between some stores and corporate, I applaud them for at least making the effort to do the right thing.
No I do not work for Sprint.
Yes I'm also waiting for an upgrade
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

i cant beleive people still dont get it, i posted my experience in post 1359 and after that it has been confirmed over and over again. Seems like the only ways to get your TP replaced for TP2 are:
1) Know someone in Sprint(no brainer there)

2) Be extremely lucky/offer sex

3) Follow these 3 Simple rules:
a) Do not ask for it!
b) Do not ask for it!!
c) If its your first night on ppcgeeks you have to flash!(ignore my insanity)

Just ask to have your TP(1) fixed and eventually you will be offered TP2(read my post 1359),
gl to every1 and if you interested in my/others experience of coming from TP(1) to TP(2) or have something to contribute - read here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93694

When you can tether for free?: D
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
i cant beleive people still dont get it, i posted my experience in post 1359 and after that it has been confirmed over and over again. Seems like the only ways to get your TP replaced for TP2 are:

Just ask to have your TP(1) fixed and eventually you will be offered TP2(read my post 1359),
gl to every1 and if you interested in my/others experience of coming from TP(1) to TP(2) or have something to contribute - read here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93694
What you don't realize is that many people, myself included have had their TP1 fixed and exchanged numerous times. In fact my store would love to give me a TP2, but they have not been able to do order one (I saw the actual screen). In order to have a working phone I asked for another TP1, since I didn't want any of the other phones on the WEL list, and it arrived yesterday and was in worse condition than the phone that I'm trying to replace.

Don't you just love the smug people who seem to think that they know it all
Old 11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
What you don't realize is that many people, myself included have had their TP1 fixed and exchanged numerous times. In fact my store would love to give me a TP2, but they have not been able to do order one (I saw the actual screen). In order to have a working phone I asked for another TP1, since I didn't want any of the other phones on the WEL list, and it arrived yesterday and was in worse condition than the phone that I'm trying to replace.

Don't you just love the smug people who seem to think that they know it all
Maybe before bashing other people you should read my initial post(1359) first and you will see where your mistake was. I also was shown that screen with TP2 as OOS for replacement but refused getting another TP(mostly because i had invisible shield on mine(cannot reapply once take it off) but also because my TP was new and first replacement that was offered to me was for refurb.). After all that i still got TP2 despite the screen showing them being OOS still(saw it again the day i picked up my TP2). Repair managers(and i suppose sales managers) have a way to order you a nib TP2 through a different channel for a swap(and no i didnt have friends in Sprint(when was going in first now i do) or had to renew my contract(which i wouldnt mind since i am on SERO(with bunch of perks) and only since march of this year) and even got quite an expensive present(read 1359). So dont tell me it cannot be done(thats what they said about color TV's) when i and quite a few other people in this forum did it. Insist on repair for your TP(try different stores as well if repair is denied) and do not settle for any other phone from WEL list and you'l see, might take a while(sure did for me) but then again some people it only took 1 visit

Last edited by pesok; 11-12-2009 at 06:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok
...) Be extremely lucky/offer sex......a) Do not ask for it!
b) Do not ask for it!!........or had to renew my contract(which i wouldnt mind since i am on SERO(with bunch of perks)
THIS GUY IS SO EFFING HILARIOUS! By the way, what kind of perks you got & how can I join the club.......................(the big perks club)?!?!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Lurker

Bridlar77 is a n00b

I think the point is we purchased a phone and when it does not work it seems most of us are getting the run around that truly are having TP issues.. It gets frustrating when you pay for a high priced phone pay for the protection plan, insurance and truly have issues and they want to give you another device that has the same issues or even worse get one that is even worse off than the original TP you purchased. If you can get them to offer you another device it is a downgrade and they say this is comparable or like model when you are paying more for a phone at the discounted price (TP) then the model you are being offered is at retail price. I too am very dissatisfied. Sprint needs to step up and do what is right for all its TP customers that are having issues with their phone instead of trying to get you to take a model that they themselves no is not a “like” model. The no there is a problem with this phone. I have spoke with several agents trying to just get a TP that works and everyone of them are giving me different information other then No we can only replace it for the same model or a BBY or SNAP if I wanted a BBY that’s what I would have purchased… If they were not able to order this phone then we wouldn’t be reading this everyday and getting more and more mad at the fact that there are people getting the TP replaced with the TP2 so why is it that we would have to go through such BS to get a phone that actually works??? Sprint Please just step up and do what is right for your customers!!!! After all without customers you wouldn’t be around at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro