PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8perman View Post
It was friday around 10:00 am est...but i'm not sure about the whole lying thing???

Yeah they probably weren't lying. So far, all the tier 2 tsr's that I have talked to have been really nice actually. I was just curious if you got yours replaced after I called and they were OOS. But i was about 2 hrs after you and I think the howard forums thread had already been started so I'm sure they ran through their initial inventory of refurbs pretty quickly after that. Thanks for the info and enjoy your new phone!

Sprint just called me while I was posting this at exactly the time they said they would and said they are still OOS but they will call and order as soon as it is not. I would imagine with all the legit and non-legit requests it will be a while before I hear back tho. No worries....I can just use the on screen keyboard...I've been thinking about the Hero a lot lately anyway. Maybe this will get me used to it.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
Yeah they probably weren't lying. So far, all the tier 2 tsr's that I have talked to have been really nice actually. I was just curious if you got yours replaced after I called and they were OOS. But i was about 2 hrs after you and I think the howard forums thread had already been started so I'm sure they ran through their initial inventory of refurbs pretty quickly after that. Thanks for the info and enjoy your new phone!

Sprint just called me while I was posting this at exactly the time they said they would and said they are still OOS but they will call and order as soon as it is not. I would imagine with all the legit and non-legit requests it will be a while before I hear back tho. No worries....I can just use the on screen keyboard...I've been thinking about the Hero a lot lately anyway. Maybe this will get me used to it.
I was actually gonna buy the Hero on friday but i decided to call first and they offered me the TP2 so I took it. I still may get the Hero thou.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mcfoogster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgent4u View Post
I just returned from the corporate store/repair center in downtown KC. At first the repair tech said because I didn't have enough "trouble tickets" on my phone now that they'd repair it by replacing the keyboard, but since he was OOS on the parts they'd just order another TP1 (refurb) for a replacement. I said I don't want a refurd as a replacement for a new phone, can I talk to a manager? The tech came back after about 5 min and said "good news.. we can go ahead and replace it with a different phone". So he named off several BB and then the HTC Snap. I said "doesnt HTC have a new Touch Pro?" and the tech said "yeh, theres the TP2 as well; however my screen isnt showing the TP2 as an available replacement right now" and he showed me the screen. The Sprint Warehouse Inventory column had "no" for the TP2. So the tech said he'd watch the inventory and if/when the TP2 became available he'd call.
how many "trouble tickets" did you have? i have at least 3 repairs/occasions on record for my phone. i tried calling them yesterday and they pretty much blew me off. maybe going down there will help persuade them? the replacement i got yesterday feels like its running through mud, and thats even WITH mightyrom. im terrified to see it run the stock rom. they keyboard is holding up but it just doesnt feel right.

you wouldnt happen to remember the managers name that you spoke with would you?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Wait on getting hero. The Samsung Moment is coming very soon and it has better specs. I've been hearing the Hero lags a bit because of the crappy processor.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/07/s...ing-to-sprint/
Old 10-13-2009, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

Ok if this has been covered sorry. I too have a defective TP, my radio for the phone calls is sticking either on or off and it is 50/50 on making a call, so I call tech support and the tech said I had a defective phone and would send another TP. I asked if I could get another phone. After some looking he found the WEL list and tried to get me a TP2. He could not order it because it is OOS and suggested I go to a store and have them order me one. The store tried to order one and the same thing OOS. In fact the sales lady at my store said they were not sending out any more TP and I would have to get another phone. Her suggestion was to keep trying. Question, why is the TP still on Sprints web site for order if it is not being sent out as a replacement? If Sprint is OOS of the TP2 why is it available to order on the web site? I have seen 1 post where someone has gotten a TP2 replacement and it was NIP so hopefully we all will get a new one. Does any one have any suggestions when would be the best time to try again to get the phone replaced?
Thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pokumon is a n00b

I called today to see if my repair center can place the order today because he couldn't put the order through yesterday due to OOS. I'm told that the TP2 is not an option for a replacement now?? He said that I can get the BB or the Snap, or a refurb TP. This is BS. I know that others had the same results as me, but others got the TP2. I hope Sprint didn't pull the TP2 option as a repalcement.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8perman View Post
I was actually gonna buy the Hero on friday but i decided to call first and they offered me the TP2 so I took it. I still may get the Hero thou.

Did you have to use your upgrade to get the TP2?

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokumon View Post
I called today to see if my repair center can place the order today because he couldn't put the order through yesterday due to OOS. I'm told that the TP2 is not an option for a replacement now?? He said that I can get the BB or the Snap, or a refurb TP. This is BS. I know that others had the same results as me, but others got the TP2. I hope Sprint didn't pull the TP2 option as a repalcement.
I hope not either. The corp store I went to here in Midland TX said the TP was no longer being sent as a replacement and we need to get new phones. I was promised a TP2 by both tech support over the phone and my local store so I had better get one or I'll be taking my business someplace else. We didn't pay $350.00+ for defective phones and sprint need to make good on that.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

jeriel05 is keeping up the good workjeriel05 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokumon View Post
I also went to the repair center by my house today and was told the same exact thing, I could only pick BB's or the snap. I just picked another touch pro.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Wait on getting hero. The Samsung Moment is coming very soon and it has better specs. I've been hearing the Hero lags a bit because of the crappy processor.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/07/s...ing-to-sprint/

Yeah if I do go droid I'm stuck with that decision between the hero and the moment. <---That may be a lame 80's song title...not sure...But anyway i want the slide out qwerty and the proc that the moment offers but there probably won't be any dev support over at xda or here because it's not an htc....and it doesnt have senseui :/ I don't know what to do. i will probably just let Sprint decide for me by sending me a free TP2 I hope.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro