PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyorke View Post
One thing about reman units to think about. I only say this because I work for an auto manufacturer and this is our process for remanufactured oudio units. When a new vehicle is released there are no "reman" audio units available. however if a customer needs their audio unit replaced for some reason they can contact our audio vendor and get a reman unit. What they are actually getting is a new unit marked as a reman. The vendor has to have "seed" units to start the reman process. so in effect we have brand new units in a box that says reman. THen the used unit is sent back and we now have a reman unit. I am not saying this is for sure how Sprint/HTC goes about it but it is always a possibility.
Sounds perfectly plausible to me....I kind of hope that is not the case tho because all of us who are on hold for a restock will have to wait for actual refurbs
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 10-13-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I-phone 4S 32Gb

djpaul is just getting started

Update.
1-1/2hr ago called to Sprint store and got a news that my new TP2 is in.
Wow. On Saturday I requested for replacement and today I am proud owner of new TP2. Techs were very surprised because they have tried to place an order for some for their needs and also showroom and were told that there is a back order on TP2's.
Praise God I've got mine in time. (Besides good timing too - I got 15 complains that people tried to reach me today and it went straight into voice mail.)
Isaiah 40:31
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

went to Cool Springs store tonight, my screen stopped working today, they repaired it on site. Didnt even mention the TP2 or give and option to talk about the phone other than to take it and give it to the repair guy. Turns out he had a TP and knew what to do. even tighted up the slider. Oh well, it looked like the Hero was a much nicer phone then WM6 and I would rather wait, save for a miracle or another chrome crack, for the top of the line phone in 18 months then jump all over this TP2 with too much effort. I do kinda like the smallness of the TP.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

uRwUrStNiTeMaR3 is a n00b

so i got to a corporate sprint store today and i could tell they hated me from the moment i walked in. i complained about my keyboard sometimes not working and my phone overheating like crazy when i charge it (both of which are true). i told them about sprint's new policy and they said theyve never heard about it. i showed them print outs and they said the "well" list had been photoshopped and the policy was just from some "forum" which was fake. they said they do not even have touch pro 2s for the customers who wana buy them. now i think this is a whole lot of bs. i have to try another store tomorrow.

any help? IDEAS?? THINGS TO SAYY??

and btw do u need insurance of warranty or both? and what should we say when they ask where we got these documents? thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

erick10 is a n00b

So guys, do 3rd party Sprint Stores fix phones? Im asking because there is a store that says they repair phones but its not a corporate store. The dudes are cool since Ive been their before to get a Nextel Line. They speak spanish and you know, compas are always cool specially if the manager is mexican. I will try tomorrow but I hope they dont ship me off to a corporate store cuz where I live they r full of it.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How many times does this need to be posted for everyone GO TO THE THIRD PARTY STORES!!!!!! people arent posting pictures of it just for fun read a little bit of whats going on in here first and then see whats working for everyone else

THINGS WE KNOW!
1. You dont need the memo in hand but for some it helped.
2. You can generally just call in to the store lots of reports on that (thats what i did)
3. Needs to be a third party ASC seems to be easier corporate stores arent helping many
4. It took me 5 stores and 3 days and about 5 CS calls and still had to keep trying so dont get discouraged you can make it happen
5. You dont have to have insurance but it seems to make life go a heck of a lot smoother for you
6. Cant get the Pre or the Hero but all other phones are pretty much game
Old 10-13-2009, 01:56 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Been looking at the Hero and I must say the videos walk all over the TP2 IMO but they are just videos and I have not seen one yet.

If mine breaks I may try for a TP2 but if not I may hold out and upgrade to a Hero.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Lurker

ditbu13oi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by haythammohamed1 View Post
anyone is Sacramento California have any luck?????
Haven't tried yet. Have you? My TP is actually working fine as of now... but I feel something is up with it...
Old 10-13-2009, 01:59 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
I feel something is up with it...
LMAO
So, is it working fine or what?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Lurker

ditbu13oi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
I just went to a Sprint Repair Store on Stevens Creek Rd. in San Jose, CA and they said they got the memo but the list of phones are, Palm Pro, HTC Snap, or the same Touch Pro. WTF? If I try to call Sprint they say I've had my phone replaced too many times and have to take it to a store for an exchange.
Yeah I got the same message. The chick said that I would get a HTC Snap also.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro