PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

what number should i call to get phone exchanged?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Best bet is to just go to a repair center.
You probably won't be able to get anything done over the phone.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can i get the number anyways? thank you xD
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

I went to a corp store and they said I would be available for an upgrade just once the phone is broke again.

So should I call a 3rd party repair center?? My TP doesnt have to be crapped out does it??
Old 10-13-2009, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

uhohitzluke is a n00b

So I went to the sprint store on saturday for LCD issues with my TP. They actually repaired it by replacing the LCD on my original TP. When I got it back, I noticed that the gap between the two halves of the phone has grown. I thought it was normal since they had to open up the phone to repair. Then today, i was closing the keyboard on my TP and I heard an irregular snap. I checked my TP and the little door under the screen slid open fully revealing the LCD ribbon and the screen lays unevenly upon the keyboard when closed! My phone is still completely functional except the slider is a little sketchy. Do you think this is worthy of going back to the repair center? I'm afraid that they are going to say it's my fault because I induced "physical damage" to the phone. What should I do? By the way, my first repair claim was saturday(two days ago). You think they will replace my TP with a TP2 or will they just say it's my fault for "breaking" the phone.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

uhohitzluke is a n00b

Pics to see if I wasn't clear in explaining.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohitzluke View Post
Do you think this is worthy of going back to the repair center? I'm afraid that they are going to say it's my fault because I induced "physical damage" to the phone. What should I do? By the way, my first repair claim was saturday(two days ago). You think they will replace my TP with a TP2 or will they just say it's my fault for "breaking" the phone.
I would definitely go back. The sooner you go back, the less of a chance they'll blame you for the damage.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
So I went to the sprint store on saturday for LCD issues with my TP. They actually repaired it by replacing the LCD on my original TP. When I got it back, I noticed that the gap between the two halves of the phone has grown. I thought it was normal since they had to open up the phone to repair. Then today, i was closing the keyboard on my TP and I heard an irregular snap. I checked my TP and the little door under the screen slid open fully revealing the LCD ribbon and the screen lays unevenly upon the keyboard when closed! My phone is still completely functional except the slider is a little sketchy. Do you think this is worthy of going back to the repair center? I'm afraid that they are going to say it's my fault because I induced "physical damage" to the phone. What should I do? By the way, my first repair claim was saturday(two days ago). You think they will replace my TP with a TP2 or will they just say it's my fault for "breaking" the phone.
While we are mortal enemies I would deffinately go back to the store!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Quote:
Lol EPIC FAIL. From what I'm reading and seeing, you didn't do sh!t to your phone. You used it, thats all. It's the one who did the repairs that needs to do a better job at installing an LCD. I'd go back and explain the situation, that you think it may have been installed improperly and (maybe) request a new phone for the inconvenience.

You shouldn't be punished and stuck with a shoddy repair job and device because of the "repair".

Last edited by chazybaz13; 10-13-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
Sprint probably won't take this off as an option. I don't think they can to be honest. I can see why they are doing it and if they are wanting to proactively get people out of the TP due to repair costs then they aren't going to offer just BB's and the Treo Pro, I mean they are probably obligated to offer the TP2 and they can't take it back once they've put it out their. It just won't fly. I mean how many people on this site alone have been "promised" a TP2 and had notes on their account to get a TP2 when they become available!!? If they pull it then they will have a HUGE mess on their hands with these situations... So I wouldn't sweat it, just try and be patient, and I know it's hard, but it will come. It may take a few weeks to completely pan out but it will come.
I agree with you that this shouldn't happen, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't. If they want to replace the TP with another model but keep customers happy with a device that's at least comparable to the TP then the TP2 is the only option. The Treo Pro, Snap, and BB Tour and Curve are not comparable for many different reasons. I'm certainly not giving up yet, but I'm very pessimistic about it since I got in on it so late.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro