PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Naveronski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Also, what are the odds of it happening in the College Station, Texas store?

I know there's at least one employee that reads these boards.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started

GPS would not work. Took TP to the corporate repair store and asked them to take a look. 20 min later tech came out and said he ordered me a TP2. Nothing else said. Never mentioned anything about exchange, just asked to fix the GPS issue. Picked up new TP2 3 days later.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Back with Sprint!

Avareyne is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by samshady View Post
Avareyne, I can totally feel your pain on all the problems you have had recently. I am not going to question you or call you a liar I just find it hard to believe you have these statements in writing and can't find anyone willing to help. It's been stated many times over that it just depends on the rep you get on the phone. I would just call Sprint and ask for account services and explain what you have going on and the statements you have in writing. I'm sure someone there would be willing to listen. Or you can try emailing customer care, once they respond there is no limit as to how large of an email you can send them. Show them your written proof and see if they budge. I do not work for sprint and will agree that there service can be lacking a lot of the time. But once you find that rep who is willing to work with you it's worth it.
I provided the session ID to multiple reps who confirmed the offer but always told I'd get a call back from a supervisor within a few hours. Didn't happen. My boyfriend and I both pre-ordered Droid's today from Best Buy. I'm going to greatly miss WM but I need a working phone and don't think I should have to get TP after TP after TP. I might try again today and see what happens, but I don't see them fixing the issue.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avareyne View Post
I might try again today and see what happens, but I don't see them fixing the issue.
the key is acting like you only want a tp. if you insist on not getting one, they will make things difficult. just try different reps, trust me, this works.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
The corporate service store? I went there a couple of weeks ago (when this thread originally started) and was offered everything but a TP2. You got one? Hmmm...
I believe the address is 8000 East Quincy Ave. They did not offer me the TP2 from the start. They listed the other phones from the WEL list minus the TP2. I then told her my story about the over the phone reps promising me a TP2. I told her to check the notes on my account verifying this and she came back with a order form showing she ordered me a TP2.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drnick5 is just getting started

I just got off the phone with Sprint. I told them my TP has been locking up on occasion and the keyboard has been an issue. they offered to replace it with a TP, HTC snap, blackberry curve or Palm Treo. I asked if I could get a TP2 and she said the system wouldn't let her do that. I kindly asked to speak to a supervisor, after a short wait the sup picked up the phone and explained to me again that they don't have the power to give me a TP.

He DID suggest that if I can get the phone into a sprint store (nearest one is 50 minutes away that they might be able to get me into a TP2. I pushed the guy saying I have a business plan with 3 phones, all TP's and 2 have already been replaced, and that im a sprint premiere member, but none of this worked....

They did however offer to send me a touch pro free of charge. I guess its better then nothing.... the sup apologized several times and admitted they have ahd several problems with the TP's but he kept saying they don't have the power to get me a TP2 as their system won't allow it. he said if the new TP starts to have problems he suggest I go to the nearest sprint store at that time and try to get them to give me a TP2.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Anyone in Nashville, having any luck? I am not!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Any success in the Los Angeles Area. Preferably Long Beach but I'm willing to drive anywhere in Los Angeles and Orange County.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey does overheating constitute as a genuine problem? This thing does get inexcusably when im on it for 10 mins or more
Old 11-05-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, ZE12.1 kernel & CL14

boiker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Hey does overheating constitute as a genuine problem? This thing does get inexcusably when im on it for 10 mins or more
I say yes because the heat causes premature battery drain and will prevent charging. Also, heat is never a friend of electronics/computers. Eventually, the heat will cause some more significant damage.

With mine, when it gets really hot, my bluetooth shuts off automatically, my ringers get screwed up, my charging stops, the battery drains, and often the device freezes. I've returned twice for this already. The 3rd one is slowly starting to show these same issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro