PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Well..... no luck still. I'll keep hawking over this thread.... I'll have to wait till more TP2's are in circulation.

Strange thing.... when the TP2 was an up and coming phone I had no interest in buying it. I even stated it a few times.

I started having issues with my Second TP, keyboard, charging, etc..... and then this memo is posted. It seems like the answer to my phones rapid descent into unreliability.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bjtech is just getting started

I picked up my TP2 tonight after taking my 4th TP in for non-functioning hard buttons on Thursday. The TP2 is NEW and does not show a Refurb status. However, it was packaged like a refurb and did not come in the retail box with any accessories or manual. Is everyone who thinks they are getting a refurb actually checking the phone or just assuming it's a refurb because of packaging?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Some of the TP2 Subforum folks are saying you are actually getting New TP2s that were returned within the 30 day window, but could not be sold as new.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Lurker

subzero101 is a n00b

Has anyone had any luck in Southern California? also is ACS consider a repair center ?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's ASC...Authorized Service Center
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Lurker

Cyorke is a n00b

SO I had to go pick up my replacement TP from the corp store tonight. I get there and a young guy is helping me out. SInce the touch screen was not working it was a paint clear the memory on the phone and I wnated to make sure it ws clear before giving them the phone. so he is messig with it and the phone rings, noone else answers so he does. just listening to the kid the person on the ohter end of the call is trying to get info about replacing a phone. The kid says something about WEL's and it is up to the tech as to wether the phone is replaced or repaired and what it is replaced with. THen the guy says they are a corporate store. Then at the very end there is something said about the TP in the conversation.

I pull out my print out of the page that was posted and ask if that is what the person on the other line was talking about. He just said he can not comment on it. I tried to make small talk while he was getting everything switched over on my phone and all. During the course of the conversation something was mentioned about third party stores and things like that. He said it was up to the store manager at he third party store as to what can be done and blah blah blah.

So in the end it appears the Sprint stores are familiar with this but they dont seem to be involved in it.
By the way if you were calling the Cool Springs store tonight you should try another location that is not a corporate store. I know of the sprint store in Spring HIll is a third party retailer and repair facility. I think there is one in Maryland Farms also, Wireless direct or absolute wireless maybe. I used to take my Nextels there all the time.

Last edited by Cyorke; 10-12-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

takimaki is a n00b

How about the Samsung Intrepid? Is this something we would be able to exchange broken TP1's for?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 AM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by takimaki View Post
How about the Samsung Intrepid? Is this something we would be able to exchange broken TP1's for?
nope, sorry bruh
Old 10-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Lurker

subzero101 is a n00b

Im sorry how can you tell the difference between a corp. and a 3rd party store? Im just tired of my TP always messing up and getting the same BS (hard reset, part replacements) "here you go your phone is working now" I've had 4 replacements so far...
Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero101 View Post
Im sorry how can you tell the difference between a corp. and a 3rd party store? Im just tired of my TP always messing up and getting the same BS (hard reset, part replacements) "here you go your phone is working now" I've had 4 replacements so far...
When you search a location on Sprint.com there could be a store make "Sprint Bucks Wireless Inc." then a corp store it just "Sprint Store"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro