PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gr8sk8 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Keep at it - it's definitely YMMV at this point. Like anything worthwhile, persistence pays off.

I got lucky and got the call this morning, my TP2 will be in tomorrow afternoon.

I don't know how the system works - I was in last week and was offered the usual phones EXCEPT the TP2, so I left the store with my regular Touch Pro in hand. I called Sprint to see if they had any advice and they called the local store on my behalf to see why I wasn't offered a TP2, because it wasn't in stock it turns out. So the local store said they'd order it for me, but I wasn't sure if it was fact, if it was ordered at that time, if I was placed on a list or whatever. I still don't know - it's possible it's back in stock in their system today and they ordered it this morning - they'd told me in the past that ordering a phone before 4pm gets it in the next day. I'm just thankful for the upgrade, hopefully it's not a refurb.

My experience echoes jdmcivicguy - The guys at the 3rd party store were very helpful.

I just watched PhoneDog's unboxing of the TP2 - I'm happy it has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Sweet! And a SIM card? Welcome to the 21st century!

Now, what's an easy way to get the MSL code from them? Tell them there's a Windows Mobile update that requires it?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

are you saying that they were IN STOCK? of WEL list TP2s?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

jdmcivicguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
are you saying that they were IN STOCK? of WEL list TP2s?
Yep, they were in stock. i talked a while with the rep that called me from the 3rd party store. She said it is basically hit or miss. What she does is check periodically throughout the day(with the best luck early in the morning and early in the week), and if they are in stock she orders a few. She also said that the bnib one's are easier to get right now, so hopefully that is what i will get, along with the rest of you. Just keep trying.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jlee79 is a n00b

I am playing the waiting game right now too. I brought mine in today and they agreed that it is not working properly. They are happy to order the TP2 for me, but it was not in stock. I was hoping to get lucky. I guess I will just keep my eyes peeled on the post to see if anyone has an update. My case might be difficult as I am on the West coast as well. It would be great if there was a way to receive a text if someone found out that they were in stock otherwise this game might take a long time
Old 11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

djhes is a n00b

so i just called and my TP is having issues, 3rd one i have here. they said they cant replace with anything else other than a touch pro. I said can i upgrade, they said it might be $100-150 extra. I said i am interested. then they come back and tell me it would be $500 with the $75 discount. WTF!

Next i say, what other options would there be, this is my 3rd TP and i dont want another one sent to me. They say no other options until i have 1 more replacement phone sent to me. So i said ok, well can you send a replacement TP then. they say sure. as I am waiting, they said they can replace with an HTC Snap or a Blackberry... ???huh? I said that would be a down grade, so no.

Got another TP sent to me, but I really dont want it. I am hoping when this one breaks to get a TP2.....
Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Anyone have luck in Denver?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint 6700
Carrier: sprint

Ivanstein is a n00b

I was told that as of the first of the month the TP2 was no longer being offered as a replacement, since people were taking advantage of the offer. Since my TP lost the display last Saturday, I was offered a variety of smartphones to replace it, but nothing comparable in value to the TP. So, I called Sprint and had to fight on the phone for more than 2 hours to just get them to replace my TP with a refurb.

So, to all those who made up stories just so you could get a new toy, thanks for screwing us that really did need a new one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
Anyone have luck in Denver?
I went to the store on East Quincy Ave.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

called *2 on sunday.... had the backlight/freezing issues and wifi kept locking up the phone if it was on for more than 5 minutes. They sent me out a refurb TP which i got today. Plugged in and used mymobiler while working to reload all of my apps and such onto it. unplugged to go home and tried to answer a text, the keyboard was locked up, tried to pop the center of it from the battery compartment,which helped it from not working to working randomly. so i drove to the sprint store. 10 minutes later and the girl said we are getting you into a different phone...

i think oh great, they are going to try and push a BB on me.... she says that they are going to get me a TP2. i play dumb and ask, "it has a touchscreen, keyboard and winmo right?".

Yep..... all without ever saying anything about the wel or memos or anything... maybe its not a ruined system after all. oh and it should be in thursday, which means that TP2's are in stock at the sprint warehouse??
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

TechnoBoy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanstein View Post
I was told that as of the first of the month the TP2 was no longer being offered as a replacement, since people were taking advantage of the offer. Since my TP lost the display last Saturday, I was offered a variety of smartphones to replace it, but nothing comparable in value to the TP. So, I called Sprint and had to fight on the phone for more than 2 hours to just get them to replace my TP with a refurb.

So, to all those who made up stories just so you could get a new toy, thanks for screwing us that really did need a new one.
This is happening to me now. I lost my display last Saturday as well and they are trying to offer me these smart phones that are not in any way comparable to the TP. They are telling me they can't send me out another TP. I refuse to take any of these BS smart phones they are trying to throw at me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro