PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

gofawkurself is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrey View Post
Well I called and got my tracking number for the Refurb Touch Pro 2. I wish it was NIB however it's better than nothing. They said it will only be the phone and a battery. Anyone know of anything else the Touch Pro 2 comes with? I've looked in the Sprint Manual and it doesn't show a parts list.

you called Sprint tech support or the tech at the store?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

CAphoneSTUD is a n00b

Anyone have any luck direct with HTC? I've monitored this entire thread and I recall someone mentioned it. Anyone?

I believe they were in stock again briefly part of Sunday/Monday. Almost got an order to go through but stalled at the end when they went OOS again.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

I've been checking out this thread on and off since it was posted sometime back. I went through 3 NIB TPs, had one keyboard replaced-making it 4TPs. I was pretty skeptical of trying to get my latest replaced, but after it started acting up in the last week I figured it was time to try my luck.
Sprint Repair Store BKLYN, NY--I went into the store (acted like I didnt know about the replacements), told the Rep I was having issues with device, Rep said "this phone has been recalled, we can replace your phone with a different model, Touch Pro2, BB, HTC Snap".....I shut the snap down immediately, after a few mins of him trying to sell me on the BB I chose the TP2........Ordered....should be instore for pick-up in 3days.

Last edited by RockSta®; 12-22-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:38 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

HTC will tell you to ship the your device, at your cost.. youll wait atleast 2 weeks...and they usually ship you your device back and say its fine... all the while you paid for shipping, and were without a phone that whole time... HTC is not a good way to go...only if you have no insurance and are forced to play the Manf. warranty card..

and to above.. TP2 and battery...plus a charger... all yu get from a NIB TP2.. no case, no memory card... so your not missing anything
Old 12-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
I've been checking out this thread on and off since it was posted sometime back. I went through 3 NIB TPs, had one keyboard replaced-making it 4TPs. I was pretty skeptical of trying to get my latest replaced, but after it started acting up in the last week I figured it was time to try my luck.
Sprint Repair Store BKLYN, NY--I went into the store (acted like I didnt know about the replacements), told the Rep I was having issues with device, Rep said "this phone has been recalled, we can replace your phone with a different model, Touch Pro2, BB, HTC Snap".....I shut the snap down immediately, after a few mins of him trying to sell me on the BB I chose the TP2........Ordered....should be instore for pick-up in 3days.
Dooh, 3 days in Christmas!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

im so sick of this effing BS. i just had my 7th tp ordered from a corperate store today that i drove 50 miles to get to. stupid keyboard doesnt work again & screen is in landscape. hell i might not even go pick it up.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I got my hero, i got it from the deals site... so i called to activate, they say i have to change my plan. Right now I have the everything messaging with 3 lines all with unlimited power vision... So the rep says I need an everything data. The only difference is unlimited mobile to mobile. Because everything that has to do with data i already have (unlimited because of problems in the past). They say it's just not possible to use the hero.

So for those of you who get TP2, do you have to change your plan? Because I'll just go start swapping phones out until i get a tp2 as well. Thoughts?

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Just got my NIB TP2 at my house! So far I love it!

To everyone still trying, keep trying. I confirmed again today with Executive Services that after three exchanges in six months, you are priority 5 on the WEL list, which qualifies you for a NIB TP2 as your next replacement. The OOS for refurbs shouldn't apply; that's only for Priority 4.

Again, if you are being told you can't get a TP2 after three exchanges in six months, then you're either being deliberately lied to, or someone doesn't understand sprint's policy. However, they can no longer do exchanges over the phone, it all has to be done in the store.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Awesome Art enjoy.

I was given a copy of my TP2 order as well with Priority 5 on it for confirmation. Hopefully it will come tomorrow- wouldnt that be a nice Christmas gift?
Old 12-23-2009, 03:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

slowrey is a n00b

Unfortunately mine's going to be a refurb. Damn I was hoping to have that screen protector. I got UPS tracking via the phone today and it should be here tomorrow. While on the phone I did ask specifically if it were a refurb and they said yes and it was just the phone and battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro