PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

lmao..thats effin funny...they told me that they had to order a new part for my phone and i should bring it back in for repair tue..

los angeles, ca repair store

should i call sprint and try to get it swapped out, i have tep also ? its obviously a software issue..my screen is stuck in landscape mode, never get service, phone randomly resets, text messages just disappear..im so frustrated with this phone!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeslumz View Post
lmao..thats effin funny...they told me that they had to order a new part for my phone and i should bring it back in for repair tue..

los angeles, ca repair store

should i call sprint and try to get it swapped out, i have tep also ? its obviously a software issue..my screen is stuck in landscape mode, never get service, phone randomly resets, text messages just disappear..im so frustrated with this phone!

You can always try filing an insurance claim, if thats the case mate, i got lucky recently when i lost my tp and got a TP2 for the price of 100$ so not so bad
Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

alexandrite_june is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrite_june View Post
They gave me another tp... I'll just have to wait for this one to break.. Then go to asc and hope i'll get a tp2. I think I should qualify for a priority 5. lol I might mention the memo only because they told me about it! I can use this to my advantage!
Update: I took it to a ASC store and they sent me bcak to the corporate store I got it from bc it hasnt been 30 days since I got a refurb. I went back to the corporate store and they took it and about 5 mins later they said they could do an adcanved exchange and get me into a different model bc i've had so many problems within the last 6 months with this model and that could either give me a treo pro, blackberry tour or fix my touch pro. I politley declined and then he came back 2 mins later and offered a NIB TOUCH PRO2!!! So I said yes! lol I think one of the reasons I was offered that was because it was 30 mins 'til close and the tech didnt want to work on my keyboard! So I got lucky..
So if you are having LEGIT PROBLEMS have faith that you will get into a working phone!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 PM
N00b

Quote:
Update: I took it to a ASC store and they sent me back to the corporate store I got it from bc it hasnt been 30 days since I got a refurb. I went back to the corporate store and they took it and about 5 mins later they said they could do an advanced exchange and get me into a different model bc i've had so many problems within the last 6 months with this model and that could either give me a treo pro, blackberry tour or fix my touch pro. I politely declined and then he came back 2 mins later and offered a NIB TOUCH PRO2!!! So I said yes! lol I think one of the reasons I was offered that was because it was 30 mins 'til close and the tech didnt want to work on my keyboard! So I got lucky..
So if you are having LEGIT PROBLEMS have faith that you will get into a working phone!
In case you were wondering what exactly happened. my keyboard crapped out on me.. none of the buttons were working...
Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
In case you were wondering what exactly happened. my keyboard crapped out on me.. none of the buttons were working...
your posts is somewhat confusing...did the tp2 keys not work or are you explaing the tp...and did you get the tp2?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor

damn sprint. the new keyboard somehow works even when the big keyboard cable that is behind the battery is disconnected.

freaking arrrrrrgh.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetaffairs View Post
damn sprint. the new keyboard somehow works even when the big keyboard cable that is behind the battery is disconnected.

freaking arrrrrrgh.
no, damn htc...
Old 01-04-2010, 12:08 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
your posts is somewhat confusing...did the tp2 keys not work or are you explaing the tp...and did you get the tp2?

Sorry about that... Looking back at that I can see how confusing it is.. So let me reword my previous post..

My touch pro keyboard was broken. I was already on my 4th one (I just got that one last week) I went to a asc store they said i had to go to the corporate store i got it from (apparently sprint has some policy that if you get a refurb and it breaks within 30 days you have to take it back to the store you got it from so they can fix it or order you a new one) so i had to go back to the corporate store and the tech looks at it for 5 min (if that). then comes and offers me the treo pro or bb tour as an advanced exchange.. I said no, just fix my touch pro.. then he came back a few mins later and the told me i could get a new in box touch pro 2..

Last edited by alexandrite_june; 01-04-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: confusing post
Old 01-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Account Disabled

Quote:
then they came back a few mins later and the told me i could get a new in box touch pro 2..
i've got you now soldier, congrats!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sooooo when this thread all started i was on TP number 4 since then im now on TP number 10... keyboard issues on 3 and freezing and screen issues on the other 3... congrats to all u who did get a tp2! But i think i just hit the boiling point with Sprint CS or lack there of. when the MR came out my ASC store proudly flashed my phone for me...however the task manager doesnt close Opera, or even recognise that its open, killer battery drainer. along with the abundance of dropped calls that i have now, missing timestamps on text messages, wrong year on texts...etc. etc. etc.

i finally lost it at my store, FULL of people, after being told that the snap, treo pro and curve are the only phones that are "comperable". and that they WILL NOT "upgrade" me to any phone out that has a VGA screen. I started yelling at this 19 y.o. asst store mgr. that i spent full price on their most expensive phone, and it has NEVER lasted 1 whole month and will never work properly thanks to software issues. he rudely told me off, i politely reported him to our worthless 800# and now i will do what i shouldve done to begin with... www.wmdeals.com and get my free tp2 and $100 for turning my crap tp1 back in... Thank you T-Mobile and F-U Sprint...

Last edited by lazydazed; 01-04-2010 at 04:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro