PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

congrats ART!
PM me for a ZIP of useful cabs. I grabbed some off of here to give you as a commencement prize!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Spydc is a n00b

Okay guys. This is how you can get your TP1 replaced to a TP2. If any of you have a TP1 obtained from Asurion in the past 12 months, call them. They offer tech support for any phones u receive from them through a claim. When you call, select the prompt that states if you are having difficulties with a phone you recently received. You will be forwarded to asurion tech support and they will troubleshoot the problem over the phone with you. I had two TP1's on 2 lines and both were asurion replacements with keyboard problems. In any event, they deemed that my TP1 was defective and went to process a replacement. At that point, i asked if i could get another phone and they read off the list of replacements. I asked for the TP2 and received it the following day NIB. This seems to only work for defective replacements through asurion. If you file a claim for damage, they will most likely give u another TP1.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:21 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydc View Post
Okay guys. This is how you can get your TP1 replaced to a TP2. If any of you have a TP1 obtained from Asurion in the past 12 months, call them. They offer tech support for any phones u receive from them through a claim. When you call, select the prompt that states if you are having difficulties with a phone you recently received. You will be forwarded to asurion tech support and they will troubleshoot the problem over the phone with you. I had two TP1's on 2 lines and both were asurion replacements with keyboard problems. In any event, they deemed that my TP1 was defective and went to process a replacement. At that point, i asked if i could get another phone and they read off the list of replacements. I asked for the TP2 and received it the following day NIB. This seems to only work for defective replacements through asurion. If you file a claim for damage, they will most likely give u another TP1.
I have a question about asurion or w.e... If i file a claim via them when my device messes up and then i get a replacement from them and if that replacement messes up, will they exchange it free of charge? or have to pay out another 100$? thanks! btw guys do listen to what Dr had posted...
Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I have a question about asurion or w.e... If i file a claim via them when my device messes up and then i get a replacement from them and if that replacement messes up, will they exchange it free of charge? or have to pay out another 100$? thanks! btw guys do listen to what Dr had posted...
Yes sir! They will. Free of charge if it's a mechanical error. But if it's lost or stolen, then its a fee. But that's why Asurion is way better than Sprints Insurance Program. "SIP" xD
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 12-21-2009, 02:00 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Yes sir! They will. Free of charge if it's a mechanical error. But if it's lost or stolen, then its a fee. But that's why Asurion is way better than Sprints Insurance Program. "SIP" xD
sweet! I think I might just soon junk out 100$ to have better insurance via them... by the way they offer free of charge replacements for 12 months only right? If my device were to get stolen or lost would there replacement also be exchange for free if it has issues, thanks! just asking because you can never be to sure at this time with people getting there items stolen =s had my xbox and ps3 stolen over vacation inside my house..
Old 12-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tiredofbuttons is a n00b

I am having issues with my TP yet again (first one screen died third day, second one keyboard died within 2 weeks then third one reset constantly and now this one is resetting and locking up occasionally). Multiple hard resets etc and it just won't go away. I went into the store multiple times and since they didn't actually see it resetting or locking up they refused to replace it (I only wanted/want another touch pro). So I called them multiple times and finally got them to replace it. The guy on the phone was a complete jerk. At first wouldn't let me get a replacement TP and said I had to replace it with one of 3 phones (2 palms and something else) the one with windows mobile on it was a complete pile of crap. He was extremely rude, but eventually when I started to get angry agreed to send me a new Touch Pro. What the hell is wrong with sprint lately? I didn't even ask for/want a TP2 and they act like I'm trying to scam the system by getting a working phone.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

You have a couple options.

At this point, to my understanding, you qualify for a Priority 5 exchange, which includes a NIB TP2. You end up at Priority 5 after having THREE exchanges.

1) Try a different store. People have varying luck between ASC's and Corporate stores. The ASC's are usually more helpful, but their hands are tied more.

2) Call, call, call. People have had luck a couple different ways:

2a) Tech Support -> Adv. Tech Support -> Escalations (Manager) [*2]

2b) Account Services -> Account Services Management Team [I think this is aka: Retentions]

2c) Executive Support [703-433-4401]

Both Account Services and Executive Support, for me, made contact with a local store, and the store was the one who actually did the deed.

3) Asurion! A couple options here, too.

3a) Get Asurion to send you a replacement cold. You might be able to get Sprint to credit you back the $100. If they're out of TP's, you can get a TP2. You might also be able to plead your case with them about how your phone doesn't work, and get it swapped,but still for $100 unless...

3b) If you've had a replacement from Asurion in the last year, they're actually putting their own warranty on it, so you can go to them for service instead of Sprint. You should be able to get them to do a replacement for free, and can probably get the TP2.

People have had success and failure using all these methods. It really just depends on a lot of factors, namely how knowledgeable the people helping you are of Sprint's policies, and whether or not they're *******s. (Yeah that's gonna be starred out. lol)

My conclusion here is that Sprint actually has a system in place to take care of us, it's just that not everyone is knowledgeable about it, and some stores really don't wanna part with their inventory, or with a potential sale. Or they're just *******s.

Sprint really deserves it's bad rep for customer service.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started

when i first got my tp, i took it to the third party sprint sore which also happens to be the nearestg authorized sprint repair center. they replaced the keyboard but i was told this at the tinme (and this was less than a month ago). if they didn't have the part in stock, i had 3 options: order the part, get a replacement tp or, pick a phone from the approved exchange list.

nothing was said about number of failures or priority category. i biught the tp from a friend who told me in advance, it was a brand new reurb but was working fine for him. i got it and the keyboard was hosed. called retention after i was told the phone couldn't even be activated because of the keyboard issue.

retention said it wasn't true but the only option i had was to activate, pay the deductible and get a replacement. i declined.

i sent the phone back to my friend and got my money back. he emailed me a few days later and said he got the keyboard working so i bought it again but for a considerably cheaper price. the phone came with a bunch of extra batteries and other accessories.

the replaced keyboard was basically fine but the modem didn't work. that's when i was offered the tp2 and gladly said yes.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

there is no thing about the # of repaire b4 u can get a replacement... flat out, SPRINT ISNT ALLOWED TO GIVE REFURBS ANYMORE... if u let them they will, so will asurion... just point out the corp memo, prob solved..... i just got 2 TP2s thatll be here tomorrow from doing exchanges over the phone... its not hard guys
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

The Ted is a n00b

How would I go about getting a replacement TP1 if I dropped it and it has physical damage on the corner?

(It was already overheating and the keyboard would stop working at times before the drop)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro