PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Should I just keep calling until I get that right person or just wait until I get my replacement? The confirmation e-mail says they are sending a TP but the guy in retentions said I might be getting a TP2.
If the guy told you that he was sending a TP2, and you recieve a TP, call right away and let them know that you were told you were recieving a TP2 and already bought many accessories for it.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

Spydc is a n00b

Need help.. My phone's screen all of a sudden went out. I had the phone flashed with a custom rom so I can't flash back because I can't see. I was going to try to reflash back with an microsd card but now my phone doesn't even turn on because i don't feel the vibration when you press the power button. Can I still go into a sprint store or is this definitely a case of asurion and paying $100????
Old 11-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
If the guy told you that he was sending a TP2, and you recieve a TP, call right away and let them know that you were told you were recieving a TP2 and already bought many accessories for it.
Unfortunately he told me I might be getting a TP or a TP2. He couldn't say by looking at the order. He even added in that I might be getting a BB or Treo Pro. The confirmation e-mail shows they sent a TP and I am hoping that they did send a TP2 or at least a TP that is going to last more than 4 months. This is actually my 6th device. They say the problem is that it only shows 3 in 2009 and the other 2 were in 2008.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Fortunately he told me I would be getting a TP2. He could say by looking at the order. He even added that in no way would I be getting a BB or Treo Pro. The confirmation e-mail shows they sent a TP and I am hoping that they did send a TP2 or I am going to have to be on phone with them trying to clear this situation up. This is actually my 6th device. They say the problem is that it only shows 3 in 2009 and the other 2 were in 2008.
Now I'm not condoning this, but here's what your response looked like to me.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jlee79 is a n00b

Anyone with some Sprint inside information know how the Touch Pro 2 can be ordered? I have been waiting for it to reappear on the warehouse list for the last week and a half and it has not shown up to order. I have my service center checking every couple of days, but I do not want to bug them to much. Does anyone know how some people are getting orders processed and delivered? Both Priority 4 and 5 have shown out of stock in the warehouse in my case. If there is another way it can be ordered I would like to suggest it to my store. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Now I'm not condoning this, but here's what your response looked like to me.

I agree. If I only tell 60% of the story is that considered lying. I don't want to lie but I don't like driving over an hour to get a phone looked at either.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ironwolf2k is a n00b

Picked up my TP2 today. Had to go into a corp store to get my TP fixed or replaced and the repair rep mentioned all the issues with the phone. I simply asked if there were other phones available due to how problematic this phone is. He replied that there is the TP2 but they are not able to order it at the store level, said I would have better luck calling *2.

So I called and the *2 rep told me I should get a TP2 due to all my issues and went as far as finding stores in my area that had it in stock. I hung up, went back to the rep who still insisted that stores couldn't order TP2's as replacement. I calmly told him what *2 had told me and that I don't want to drive across the city for a phone replacement. After some deliberation with a manager he decided to "see if the computer would him to order". What do you know, the computer "somehow" (as if by magic) allowed him to order me a BNIB TP2.... he didn't seem too surprised by this actually.

Lesson learned: Stores don't want to replace the TP with the TP2 since their store must take the hit. However, for loyal customers, Sprint is willing to make the swap due to the issues surrounding the TP1's (didn't appear to me that *2 could do it as the rep on the phone seemed honest and sincere in helping me find a store with them in stock).

As a note: I was on my third TP1 since buying it on release day last year, and I have with Sprint (in addition to my other 5 lines) for over 10 years now.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint- SERO 1250

knexx is a n00b

Should I try calling *2 to start getting notes on my account about the problems I'm having? Also does anybody know when I go into a store for repair and they create an e-ticket, does that get noted on my account? I really don't want to go into the store any more because the people that work there have no clue whats going on. They had me wait 30 minutes to tell me something I already knew, the keyboard has to be replaced, and to come back Wednesday. WTH!? Then I look at the top of the eticket receipt and it says Customer Opts To: WAITFORREPAIR! They never asked me what I wanted to do.. bastards. Anybody know a repair store in Los Angeles area with competent techs? Huntington Park has none.

Last edited by knexx; 11-09-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: edited to add location.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knexx View Post
Should I try calling *2 to start getting notes on my account about the problems I'm having? Also does anybody know when I go into a store for repair and they create an e-ticket, does that get noted on my account? I really don't want to go into the store any more because the people that work there have no clue whats going on. They had me wait 30 minutes to tell me something I already knew, the keyboard has to be replaced, and to come back Wednesday. WTH!? Then I look at the top of the eticket receipt and it says Customer Opts To: WAITFORREPAIR! They never asked me what I wanted to do.. bastards. Anybody know a repair store in Los Angeles area with competent techs? Huntington Park has none.
read posts #1451 and #1455.

Last edited by Dr.8820; 11-09-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:22 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint- SERO 1250

knexx is a n00b

done and done, i will let them "fix/replace" my keyboard or ask for another TP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro