PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

GO PUBLIC, THIS WAY SPRINT WILL HAVE TO GIVE OUT TOUCH PRO 2 TO EVERY TOUCH PRO OWNER WHO NEEDS IT! thats what i say. haha

but listen to this. one store i went to (third party repair center) was the best luck i had. went in. the guy was very cool and i told him my problem with touch pro and before i said anything he said "hey man would u like the touch pro 2" and i said yes id love that. and he told me about how sprint is doing this because they have alot of defective touch pros.
so i went there. he read me the list. i said TP2. he tryed to order. NO LUCK! OOS! said try back a diff day. now i been trying for 2 days. still OOS. so i thought id goto corporate store here cause i know someone who got theres from there. went in. told them. he said we might be able to do diffrent device but we have to check it first. came back hour later. the guy gave me the phone and said: "nothing is wrong with it, if it keeps giving u problems, come back"

looked at the phone. same as i brought it in. info and everything still there. dont think they did anything! WTH! so ill just keep trying that store until they get them or they tell me its not an option.

my phone keyboard is going out with a bunch of other stuff!
I REALLLLLY HOPE THEY GET SOME IN!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:16 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by homamk View Post
GO PUBLIC, THIS WAY SPRINT WILL HAVE TO GIVE OUT TOUCH PRO 2 TO EVERY TOUCH PRO OWNER WHO NEEDS IT! thats what i say. haha

but listen to this. one store i went to (third party repair center) was the best luck i had. went in. the guy was very cool and i told him my problem with touch pro and before i said anything he said "hey man would u like the touch pro 2" and i said yes id love that. and he told me about how sprint is doing this because they have alot of defective touch pros.
so i went there. he read me the list. i said TP2. he tryed to order. NO LUCK! OOS! said try back a diff day. now i been trying for 2 days. still OOS. so i thought id goto corporate store here cause i know someone who got theres from there. went in. told them. he said we might be able to do diffrent device but we have to check it first. came back hour later. the guy gave me the phone and said: "nothing is wrong with it, if it keeps giving u problems, come back"

looked at the phone. same as i brought it in. info and everything still there. dont think they did anything! WTH! so ill just keep trying that store until they get them or they tell me its not an option.

my phone keyboard is going out with a bunch of other stuff!
I REALLLLLY HOPE THEY GET SOME IN!!!

Out of stock!? Wow. It's almost as if a bunch of ****ing people are exchanging this phone for perfectly fine touch pro's, so those of us willing to pay cash for it are now SOL.

Interesting.

As a funny side note, I was on the phone with the local sprint store about the availability of the hero (I have $150 to spend on a new phone afterall) and we got to talking about the phone I had now. THIS ****ING DOUCHE BAG MANAGER actually told me that the overheating during a phone call was caused by, get this, THE MULTIPLE APPS ON THE PHONE. He said it's a Windows phone and that's why it gets hot. I told him "Well that's good to know, I think I'll get that Apple phone."

God what a prick.

Last edited by chronster; 10-13-2009 at 07:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

jayweezie21 is keeping up the good workjayweezie21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jayweezie21

just an update..just got home from the sprint store in whitehall/allentown pa. on macarthur rd. after a girl named leslie left me a voicemail around 3pm that my tp2 came in. was in the store for about an hour with a lady it was the first one that was shipped to this store. hell she didnt even know how to turn it on. but all in all its a brand new tp2 with the accessories in the box.

i didnt know it was a global phone and either did they. Guess i didnt do enough homework on it. so all in all it was easy. went in sunday got the phone today. no bs about being out of stock or anything.

just my story. thanks for everything with the tp1 everyone now off to the tp2 forum!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

homamk is becoming a great contributor

congrats man! really happy for you! and glad it worked out!
this is a perfect sign of why some people are just A**Holes! because i went to the same store the person above me went to and they told me. no we cant do that and "looked" at the phone and said they fixed it which they didnt! WTH! why do they do this!
and not to mention they were very rude! the phone still has probelms and they just wont order me the touch pro 2!!!
i guess ill wait till the other place says there back in stock
JUST REALLLY PISSED THAT they can say yes to one person and totally refuse it to another! WTH
Old 10-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im worried about my third party store getting it in and selling it to someone else
Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

mcfoogster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgent4u View Post
I never spoke with the manager, just the tech stepped away then came back with the "Good news" bit. As far as tickets, I had the Mogul (bad keyboard) they replaced on site with a new TP. That one had a bad keyboard so they replaced it with another TP. Technically I guess just 1 or 2 tickets. I think he caved because of the new program this thread and the Howard Forums thread references and the manager approved it.
I also called *2 to see if they had the TP2 in stock and finally after 3 transfers the guy said that program is an in-store program only and the stores would have to manage the replacement. Obviously this is a YMMV.
thats how i ended up with my TP too. a bad mogul. did you actually have to reference the memo? ive got a ton of errands to run tomorrow and might try then.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Ya I got my 1st touch pro through asurion when they sent me a mogul with a cracked screen as a replacement. Then i had another replaced by sprint because the screen died completely. This phone is doin the same thing already flashed back to stock rom and got first freeze today. So what should the plan of attack be to get the touch pro 2? 3rd party service center, sprint on the phone, or a company store?

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

djlilmikeny is just getting started

im thinking about bringing my touch pro in to get diagnosed (which is what the sprint customer service tech on the phone said to do) and at the store, they will handle the rest of it. but before i do that, im wondering wat they will do to my touch pro. how will they diagnose it? will they check for reg edits?? how can i make my touch pro worse ? and where is the memo from the Howard Forums?? (the image was removed)
should i tell them about the WEL list if they do not offer me another model?

Problems with my TP:
1)Heat
2)Battery life
3)Delayed Ring/Vibrate (called sometimes don't come through to me)
4)Dropped Calls
5)Texts recieved Late
6)phone is overall slow
7)keyboard responses slow

I have Psyki rom on it currently. should i flash back to stock and Re-lock before i bring it in?? i really want the touch pro 2. this TP really has issuses....
Old 10-13-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlilmikeny View Post
im thinking about bringing my touch pro in to get diagnosed (which is what the sprint customer service tech on the phone said to do) and at the store, they will handle the rest of it. but before i do that, im wondering wat they will do to my touch pro. how will they diagnose it? will they check for reg edits?? how can i make my touch pro worse ? and where is the memo from the Howard Forums?? (the image was removed)
should i tell them about the WEL list if they do not offer me another model?

Problems with my TP:
1)Heat
2)Battery life
3)Delayed Ring/Vibrate (called sometimes don't come through to me)
4)Dropped Calls
5)Texts recieved Late
6)phone is overall slow
7)keyboard responses slow

I have Psyki rom on it currently. should i flash back to stock and Re-lock before i bring it in?? i really want the touch pro 2. this TP really has issuses....
Definately flash back to stock. If you take your phone in with a custom rom they will use that as an excuse to not replace your phone.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro

mrblonde9993@gmail.com is a n00b

I talked to a friend that is a sprint rep and he said that the WEL list is constantly changing by the hour. Im going to see if i can get my phone fixed tomorrow and see if they can replace it but if they cant then i am still fine with a tp as long as its fixed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro