PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who Would Jump To The New Iphone?

Owning a WM phone is definitely a lot more work. iPhone is ultimately a status symbol rather than a tool of utility. If people truly needed a phone that can operate as a mobile computer, the iPhone performs very poorly.

Competition breeds innovation, so the fact that the iPhone is so popular shouldn't be taken as a bad thing, just a sign that things will be better in the future for us WM users. I have high hopes for the Android OS, provided more phones are supported. Open platforms is by far the best thing for consumers.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

hell no, thats all the op gets out of me. Am i 25 posts from VIP status
Old 06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: Who Would Jump To The New Iphone?

Yeah Mr.Apple, I will have to peal up off of your new super all world iphone 3gS with no Slingbox mobile client app, the buck stop here…

I just think your new iphone 3gS cannot match up with the new latest HTC Touch Pro 2 Windows mobile 6.1/6.5/7.0 WVGA TouchFLO 3D/2D 800×480 PPC 32 GB SDHC Card slot, 3.5MP camera, TVOUT, video camcorder,five row pull out Qwerty hard keyboard with the “JimboTron” tilt screen, worldwide mobile card and the SlingBox mobile client app works with this super star…

Mr. Apple, looks to me that you tried to copy the features of the HTC Touch Pro 2, but you do not have this Windows mobile PPC beat this time around, the game changer… That’s why,my money is going with the HTC Touch Pro 2 with the “JimboTron” screen, ideal for slinging, movies and YouTube videos….{lol}
Old 06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

skfny is a n00b

The iPhony is an inferior device buoyed by a world-class marketing campaign. The only credit Apple should get is for their ability to woo new developers into the mobile space.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

The only thing i like that the Iphone has over the TP is the screen size and safari. I have thought about for a second since my gf has one but like i always told her everything that her Iphone can do, my phone can do better...
Old 06-09-2009, 04:50 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i would get bored with an iPhone. I just cant get away from cooking or flashing.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Yeah Mr.Apple, I will have to peal up off of your new super all world iphone 3gS with no Slingbox mobile client app, the buck stop here…
Actually there is a slingbox client. It cost 29.99 and does not allow you to use 3G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skfny View Post
The iPhony is an inferior device buoyed by a world-class marketing campaign. The only credit Apple should get is for their ability to woo new developers into the mobile space.
Its not inferior its just different. I would prefer my wife to have an iphone so i dont have to be phone tech support along with the PC. It is great at what it does. BUT yes they do have a world class marketing campaign also and the coolness factor. But it is a quality device. I would love for my next WinMO device to have the glass screen and capacitive touch from apple. Multitouch would be sweet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
The only thing i like that the Iphone has over the TP is the screen size and safari. I have thought about for a second since my gf has one but like i always told her everything that her Iphone can do, my phone can do better...
I would add ease of use to that list and ease of finding programs. What makes the ipone so easy is app store and itunes they are both incredibly easy to use to get the garbage 99 cent flashlight app you have always wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
i would get bored with an iPhone. I just cant get away from cooking or flashing.
Hence why we own WinMo devices cause we endlessly tinker trying to extract everything we can out of our phones. The ipone is limited in this regard. But the hacking community has done some cool things with the platform.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

I'm 100% with eehrhard!

The iPhone isn't for me, but for my wife who wants cool without hassle it might be perfect. I would never consider a WM device for her either. WM's complication and unreliability would make that a disater. She complains enough about her relatively simple Treo. I was waiting for the Pre as a replacement for her Treo 755p, but the 3Gs or even a $99 3G might end up a better choice. I'm going to sit on the sidelines for a couple of months and see how the Pre shapes up before a final decision. Changing to at&t will almost certainly cost more /mo than I'm paying now. I'm not WM fanboy either, after 3 WM phones and a bunch more PDA's. I'm tired of waiting for each new version to fix the performance issues that never get fixed. One thing about the iPhone, using one and going back to the TP makes the TP feel like it's running in slow motion. I'm looking to Android to free me from my WM affliction while maintaining my geek addiction in the future. Hopefully the next 6-12mo will reveal a device that catches my fancy. One thing's almost certain, I won't buy anther WM device. The only way I stay WM past the TP is for another free upgrade or WM7 turns out to be a absolute industry changing masterpiece. My experience tells me that though M$ touts WM7 as "all new", it will end up being the same old kludge of an os with yet another new paint job. Just like every version going back to wince2.11.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sigh... not another iphone thread. No matter how the thread starts out it inevitably ends with a iphone vs WMO device argument.

The other thing is that this thread is sort of useless since the Iphone is not coming to Sprint any time soon.... So it's a total waste of time asking the question.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Iphone is stable and has a beautiful screen. The TP2 will have just as good screen. Windows being stable? LoL, that's an oxymoron!

WM is just so much funner! (Yes, I know funner is not a real word grammar Nazi's)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro