View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
pastafarian
PPCGeeks Regular

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who Would Jump To The New Iphone?

I'm 100% with eehrhard!

The iPhone isn't for me, but for my wife who wants cool without hassle it might be perfect. I would never consider a WM device for her either. WM's complication and unreliability would make that a disater. She complains enough about her relatively simple Treo. I was waiting for the Pre as a replacement for her Treo 755p, but the 3Gs or even a $99 3G might end up a better choice. I'm going to sit on the sidelines for a couple of months and see how the Pre shapes up before a final decision. Changing to at&t will almost certainly cost more /mo than I'm paying now. I'm not WM fanboy either, after 3 WM phones and a bunch more PDA's. I'm tired of waiting for each new version to fix the performance issues that never get fixed. One thing about the iPhone, using one and going back to the TP makes the TP feel like it's running in slow motion. I'm looking to Android to free me from my WM affliction while maintaining my geek addiction in the future. Hopefully the next 6-12mo will reveal a device that catches my fancy. One thing's almost certain, I won't buy anther WM device. The only way I stay WM past the TP is for another free upgrade or WM7 turns out to be a absolute industry changing masterpiece. My experience tells me that though M$ touts WM7 as "all new", it will end up being the same old kludge of an os with yet another new paint job. Just like every version going back to wince2.11.