View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
eehrhard
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who Would Jump To The New Iphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Yeah Mr.Apple, I will have to peal up off of your new super all world iphone 3gS with no Slingbox mobile client app, the buck stop hereā€¦
Actually there is a slingbox client. It cost 29.99 and does not allow you to use 3G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skfny View Post
The iPhony is an inferior device buoyed by a world-class marketing campaign. The only credit Apple should get is for their ability to woo new developers into the mobile space.
Its not inferior its just different. I would prefer my wife to have an iphone so i dont have to be phone tech support along with the PC. It is great at what it does. BUT yes they do have a world class marketing campaign also and the coolness factor. But it is a quality device. I would love for my next WinMO device to have the glass screen and capacitive touch from apple. Multitouch would be sweet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
The only thing i like that the Iphone has over the TP is the screen size and safari. I have thought about for a second since my gf has one but like i always told her everything that her Iphone can do, my phone can do better...
I would add ease of use to that list and ease of finding programs. What makes the ipone so easy is app store and itunes they are both incredibly easy to use to get the garbage 99 cent flashlight app you have always wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
i would get bored with an iPhone. I just cant get away from cooking or flashing.
Hence why we own WinMo devices cause we endlessly tinker trying to extract everything we can out of our phones. The ipone is limited in this regard. But the hacking community has done some cool things with the platform.
This post has been thanked 1 times.