PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who Would Jump To The New Iphone?

just saw an email on the new iphone. just wondering if sprint carried this phone would you guys dump the touchpro for it? i know its a moot point but i guess its a good way to get some opinions on who thinks the tp is still better
Old 06-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: Who Would Jump To The New Iphone?

I think that the general consensus on the iPhone is that it's just a cool fad, and not quite as practical as apple wants you to think it is. Most of those "Apps" they tout are no more than web browser extensions. No reason that you can't do anything with a Touch Pro that you could do with an iPhone, and you get a REAL keyboard.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
I think that the general consensus on the iPhone is that it's just a cool fad, and not quite as practical as apple wants you to think it is. Most of those "Apps" they tout are no more than web browser extensions. No reason that you can't do anything with a Touch Pro that you could do with an iPhone, and you get a REAL keyboard.

I agree, thought about the iPhone for about 15 seconds, then came back to Earth. I love my TP baby!!!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There's nothing too great about the new iphone. The fact that they waited until an entirely new revision to be able to add a video feature speaks volumes on how much Apple wants to keep the iPhone on lockdown. AT&T is also not a particularly good service to be chained to for several years.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Honestly they really didn't do anything to the device to actually call it new...
And if I wanted an iphone, I would've went to AT&T. I like the freedom to customize & customization goes as far as installing an app with Apple..
Old 06-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

New iPhone is the same as the old iPhone. And still on AT&T, no thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You know, after years and years using an old Motorola i1000 and then i90c, I was pretty freaking excited when I saw my roomate's new iPhone. I wanted one, and I wanted one bad. Thankfully, I wasn't able to buy it at the time, and instead cycled through a few more crappy dumbphones until I'd moved to a new state, new job, and new carrier. When it was time to renew and ditch the Samsung Hue I'd been given, I did about a week of researching and decided on the Touch Pro.

Now, seeing everything I can do with this bad boy (and comparing it to what I was able to do with my roomate's iPhone), I think it would take a serious change in Apple's philosophies for me to reconsider.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Very Important Person

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

IBTL or IBTM?
Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The iphone is not all that great. You have to buy apps, camera sucks and is outdated.
Browser is ok but they always compare the speed to an older windows mobile based browser instead of the newer ones. So I would stay With the TP.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Very Important Person

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Where's coz when you need him?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro