PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
It took less than 30 seconds because it was an automated system, which technically did not add your phone to the DMD, it added your ESN/MEID using a generic profile (which VZW could decide to wipe at any time since it could cause billing issues). There is no one in tech support that can just go in and add an ESN/MEID to the DMD.

I've had my TP on VZW since November now. It shows up as Unknown Phone or whatever in my VZW online page.

I did get a call about a month ago from VZW. The guy said I was using data on my phone and my plan had no data component (it has, it always has since I got my Apache in 2005).

I just said Yes, I have the $29.99 email and web plan for smartphones.

He said Oh. What phone are you using? I just said HTC Touch Pro, nothing about Sprint.

He said Oh, ok, yes I see that feature now, everything seems to be in order, bye. And hung up.

So it did throw up some kind of flag, but it appears it was only related to using data. I only used about 80MB for that month, so it wasn't a usage flag either.

So far, everything still seems to be ok.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

knife is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to knife

I'm a bit confused here... but I wanted to clarify this incase sometime in the future I need to switch phones quick.

I have a Sprint TP on the VzW network. For two months or so it was a generic phone on the account web page. I called and placed a service ticket for this stating that the device came from the IT guy in my company who got it from HTC.

A couple weeks later the proper picture shows in the account web page, so I assume that the ESN was added to the VzW database.

Does this also mean that the MEID was added? Do I even need to worry about this?

Sometimes when I travel (mainly boating / diving vacations) I activate some junk phone like the razor incase I drop it in the water and don't want to deal with the claim process.

If the web site shows the proper device, would my Sprint TP activate properly (naturally since I have a Sprint PRI it should show roaming until I activate the latest modified PRL)?

Also ... please do NOT respond to this if you don't know the answer with 100% confidence.

Thanks.
Radio: VzW Release 2 (v1.03.09V)
Old 04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 View Post
So Alltel touch pro's can be activated without a problem on their network. Has anyone recently confirmed this? I know about the merger and everything but the Alltel touch pro is a lot better than the verizon touch pro
While it definately makes sense to get an Alltel Touch Pro because of the merger, at present, even Alltel phones are still not loaded into the VZW DMD (I know, because I have one and had to get it added). This however may change in the future as the merging process is completed and the 2 networks are actually merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
I've had my TP on VZW since November now. It shows up as Unknown Phone or whatever in my VZW online page.

I did get a call about a month ago from VZW. The guy said I was using data on my phone and my plan had no data component (it has, it always has since I got my Apache in 2005).

I just said Yes, I have the $29.99 email and web plan for smartphones.

He said Oh. What phone are you using? I just said HTC Touch Pro, nothing about Sprint.

He said Oh, ok, yes I see that feature now, everything seems to be in order, bye. And hung up.

So it did throw up some kind of flag, but it appears it was only related to using data. I only used about 80MB for that month, so it wasn't a usage flag either.

So far, everything still seems to be ok.
Yea, he called you because he could see you were using a pda type connection/aaa profile but without a known pda. It was flagged because of the type of usage on an unknown device (system assumed it was a regular phone). The problem I see happening (and the reason I believe they closed the *228 option 3 hole) is this; The DMD tells the billing system what features are compatible/required for a phone. the Generic/Unknown profile just allows everything so it will activate. If you had a regular dumbphone and used *228 option 3 to activate a pda, your pda would in effect be activated with the same features as your dumbphone since it doesn't really know what device you have. This will cause billing issues and therefore was plugged to prevent them. Just my take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife View Post
I'm a bit confused here... but I wanted to clarify this incase sometime in the future I need to switch phones quick.

I have a Sprint TP on the VzW network. For two months or so it was a generic phone on the account web page. I called and placed a service ticket for this stating that the device came from the IT guy in my company who got it from HTC.

A couple weeks later the proper picture shows in the account web page, so I assume that the ESN was added to the VzW database.

Does this also mean that the MEID was added? Do I even need to worry about this?

Sometimes when I travel (mainly boating / diving vacations) I activate some junk phone like the razor incase I drop it in the water and don't want to deal with the claim process.

If the web site shows the proper device, would my Sprint TP activate properly (naturally since I have a Sprint PRI it should show roaming until I activate the latest modified PRL)?

Also ... please do NOT respond to this if you don't know the answer with 100% confidence.

Thanks.
Will 99% confidence suffice? hehe If the picture is showing up then yes, it should be in the DMD (the picture is of a VZW touch pro right?). Check your PMs
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My Sprint TP have been working since early November & has always shown as "unknown device" with kind of a grayed out pic of a generic flip phone in VerizonWireless.

~John
Old 04-15-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
My Sprint TP have been working since early November & has always shown as "unknown device" with kind of a grayed out pic of a generic flip phone in VerizonWireless.

~John
Yea, and it will continue to work unless VZW decides to do something about all these "unknown" phones. But i doubt they will.....at least i hope .
Old 04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424
So Alltel touch pro's can be activated without a problem on their network. Has anyone recently confirmed this? I know about the merger and everything but the Alltel touch pro is a lot better than the verizon touch pro

I can confirm that Alltel phoens WILL activate on Verizon, gotta escalate to someone who deals directly with you. Just got mine activated (data included, no funny business) about 15 minutes ago. Loving it!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

busnetdown is a n00b

For those who activated the alltel phones: did you have to go thru the sprint tp how-to guide before activating on verizon?

Or does the alltel phone work correctly after calling Verizon to get it activated?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by busnetdown View Post
For those who activated the alltel phones: did you have to go thru the sprint tp how-to guide before activating on verizon?

Or does the alltel phone work correctly after calling Verizon to get it activated?

Thanks
You have to do the steps. An alltel phone will have alltel specific settings/files (prl, eri, mip settings, etc) that will need to be changed to work on a verizon number/account

Last edited by AceXMachine; 04-16-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Followed the Sprint to Verizon guide (you can also send the phone in to the DEC, take it to a corp store/tech dept and have them fill out the form). Once its flashed, call up Verizon and escalate to the highest level of TS you can get, better yet email them, most of the email crew are high up techs. You're on your own from there!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
Followed the Sprint to Verizon guide (you can also send the phone in to the DEC, take it to a corp store/tech dept and have them fill out the form). Once its flashed, call up Verizon and escalate to the highest level of TS you can get, better yet email them, most of the email crew are high up techs. You're on your own from there!
Yeah. Good luck with all that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro