PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
ESN failing means the ESN is in the DMD, but since the TP is a MEID based device, it won't activate (ESN passes, checks to see that the device attempted to activate via MEID auth, tells you to call in). This is a GOOD sign, call them up and tell them of this (don't mention Sprint obviously) and within 10 days you'll be good to go. Try emailing them or trying to get someone assigned to your case...one on one is much better than a random tech everytime you call.

Verizon system only accepts DEC values as far as I'm aware, HEX fails even when I try to put in my Verizon BB Curve's HEX MEID in.

I'm currently playing the waiting game for the MEID myself, ESN is already in their database.

For those of you who are worried, if you phone is working correctly and shows up online as either Unknown or Touch Pro, you have nothing to worry about. When and if you phone deactivates, simply call them up and tell them you've been using the phone for a while, they can check the DMD and confirm, then go ahead and add the MEID again.

Sprint phones are on the blacklist, why? Ton's of people are skipping the Verizon model for Sprints. Carriers have contracts with hardware makers and even each other. Sprint makes sure Verizon phones can't be activated, Verizon makes sure Sprint phones can't. Carriers get exclusives on a phone for a reason--to have exclusive access to it! If you want to play dirty, lie and get it activated, but at any point if they find out its a Sprint, bye bye! They even have a right to break the contract and make you pay the ETF and all other associated charges for endangering the network.
Perhaps this will be enough of an embarrassment to VZW to get them to not order a comparitively crippled chipset in the future while charging more than every other carrier for both device and service and releasing their bastardized version last. I've been with them since 2002 but one more screwup like this and it's bye bye for me, likely to the Deathstar and the world of GSM. It's not my preference, but I'll let my dollars talk.

As of now, though, my Sprint TP is working on their network. Until it stops, I'll stick with the big red, but it's insulting that they view their customers as little more than infants with pocketbooks. Give me a power users tier with an open device policy with full access to all voice and data services and no tech support (or charge-per-incident tech support) that I won't use anyway and I'll be happy, and I would guess the same is true with the majority of users here.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

justinm0424 is a n00b

Does anyone else have a different ESN in the settings than what is on the back of the phone? Maybe sprint activates their phones differently than verizon which is why they won't activate eachother's phone. I know they both have the same hareware and everything but the Esn's on my touch pro look different
Old 04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

justinm0424 is a n00b

I called vzw and they too get different errors when trying to activate the phone but apparently they're still not in the database. If anyone can help that would be great
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
They can certainly add it if they want to & it probably could be done easily in five minutes.

When I activated mine, it took less than 30 seconds using the old *228 option 3 routine.
(the entire phone call took about 60 seconds & I was good to go)

~John
It took less than 30 seconds because it was an automated system, which technically did not add your phone to the DMD, it added your ESN/MEID using a generic profile (which VZW could decide to wipe at any time since it could cause billing issues). There is no one in tech support that can just go in and add an ESN/MEID to the DMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 View Post
I attempted with verizon and talked to tech support. They apparently have a seperate Alltel database and ofcourse sprint phones aren't on it. I guess our only option is to swap esn's from another windows mobile phone which is illegal
Alltel and VZW are still operating seperately, network-wise, for now. Last I checked, even the DMD for Alltel and VZW are still seperate although I am hearing reports (unconfirmed) of some Alltel phones being activated with no problems. I don't think there is any special case for not allowing Sprint devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 View Post
I called vzw and they too get different errors when trying to activate the phone but apparently they're still not in the database. If anyone can help that would be great
Check your PMs
Old 04-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

Adam_Buell is a n00b

So i finally i got my Sprint TP today and flash it to Verizon and it works great best phone i have ever used honestly. Called Verizon and talked to customer service and told them that it was a touch pro but did NOT mention that it was sprint and that "My friend got it straight from HTC" and she said oh well that explains why it wasn't in their database and blah blah and she transferred me to TS and there i told that lady the same thing and she said well the only thing i can do it put in a problem report or something like that so that they could unlock my MEID and add it into their database and she then told me that it could talk up to 2 weeks but i should have no problems after that and that she would call me as soon as they got it into their system.

So if this works, GREAT, otherwise she did mention something about a lawsuit that is going on in California about Verizon not activating other carriers phones and i guess there is an Email address or a website you can go to, to get more info and/or jump on the train with them.

If anyone knows more about this can you let me know, otherwise ill post my finding here when i learn more.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyclio is just getting started

This is the only California lawsuit I know of involving different CDMA carriers:

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-agreeing.html
Old 04-15-2009, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

justinm0424 is a n00b

Is there any lway to change a MEID on these phones? I'm assuming it might be illegal but if the ESN can be activated but not the MEID maybe I can change it to my current MEID from my old phone
Old 04-15-2009, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Buell View Post
they could unlock my MEID and add it into their database and she then told me that it could talk up to 2 weeks but i should have no problems after that
I would LOVE to see this work for you, but the last few posters here that went that route where flatly denied by Verizon shortly after the request was submitted.

I recently sold a spare Sprint TP as I figured I would never be able to activate it again. If this works for you I would really like to know about it.

~John
Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

High chance after a week or two you'll get a call from the TS agent telling you the request was denied (you're lucky if you get a call, I just had a voicemail magically appear). Sprint phones *ARE* blacklisted as far as I've been able to check...Now matter what tier of support, any mention of Sprint phone on Verizon and they hurry to get you off the phone. Argue and they nicely start repeating themselves over and over until you tire and hang up.

As for Alltel phones:
If the phone is compatible and no longer on service with Alltel, Verizon will add the ESN/MEID and activate it (via phone, can't be done OTA).
If the phone is Alltel and NOT compatible with Verizon, they will swap the phone for a close cousin.
If the phone is Alltel and still in service with Alltel (via contract), Verizon won't accept the phone or service and tell you to wait until May 3rd March 31st July 2nd etc etc. No tech seems to know an exact date, they all pull a random one out their asses. March/May 3rd seems to be a common one so that might be it.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

justinm0424 is a n00b

So Alltel touch pro's can be activated without a problem on their network. Has anyone recently confirmed this? I know about the merger and everything but the Alltel touch pro is a lot better than the verizon touch pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro