PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Lurker

alnajjd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

the trick is say it is an alltell phone. I just did it first try thr girl added the meid to the database FOLLOW DEHX'S instructions on what to say just say it is a alltell phone instead of sprint (verizon owns alltel now)
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: Verizon

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post
Here ya go, I included the radio in an attachment below. This is the radio I am using. And I am getting 1.8-2.4 Megabit results on www.mobilespeedtest.com

Verizon's 3G rocks!

P.S., just to confirm, this is a verizon radio on a Sprint touch pro and it works fine, so I can confirm that this WILL NOT BRICK your phone.
Hey Dude,

So I tried this and no luck. I still have no data. I don't know if i have something wrong in my EPST, but my HA, and AAA Shared are still blank. And i still cannot dial *228. When i try it says "device unknown"

HELLLLLP PLEEASEE!!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, i have also noticed that all Verizon "feature codes" are not working. ie... *228, #832, ##778, ??? This is getting a little crazy. I know I must have done something wrong. But what??
Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok, got the feature codes to work, and was able to Dial/Program through *228, and still no data!!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
ok, got the feature codes to work, and was able to Dial/Program through *228, and still no data!!
the #228 no longer works. there is an answer about how to do it in this thread.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
the #228 no longer works. there is an answer about how to do it in this thread.
thanks Mr8820, but I have been in this thread for a while and am well aware of the *228 option 3 no longer working. However, it is no longer working for non-branded TP's that ARE NOT in the DMD data base. I got a tech to add my Sprint TP's MEID into the VZW DMD. (if you read the thread). I did finally get the *228 to work, but still no data. In EPST, my HA, and AAA are still blank after everything.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO!

khmerbadass is a n00b

Ok so ive been having some problems with mine for about a month now. I got them to add the ESN (technically they added the MEID (hex)) Does anyone have the link to the Verizoned Sprint TP page so I can get all my EPST settings, I think thats why I cant program. Ive actually got verizon convinced this is all their fault they gave me a free upgrade and everything but like previously stated, theyre technicians are MORONS. I literally got into a battle with several of them because I falt out said it's sad when I know more about my phone then you do. Any who A link to the original sprint TP on verizon setup would be GREATLY appriciated, or if somone can post the correct EPST and M.IP settings... Thanks guys.

P.S. I promise i searched the forums like 20 times for it ^.^
Old 05-03-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here is what i have;

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

Now in EPST, go to MIP default profile and edit the information on your phone to match these settings:

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI: mynumber@vzw3g.com (MDN@vzw3g.com)
DUN NAI: (if entry is there enter MDN@vzw3g.com so you can tether without a tethering package or MDN@dun.vzw3g.com if you want paid tethering))
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 0 (requires a "2" here for 6800 and 6900)
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0
Old 05-03-2009, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
I got my confirmation from VZW that they added my Sprint TP's MEID into their database. Went online to activate and volla!
Now, I still do not have Data :/ I tried forcing into 1X and run data to update my HA/AAA Shared, but no luck. They are still blank and i still cannot use Data. Any thoughts?
Quote:
Hey Dude,

So I tried this and no luck. I still have no data. I don't know if i have something wrong in my EPST, but my HA, and AAA Shared are still blank. And i still cannot dial *228. When i try it says "device unknown"

HELLLLLP PLEEASEE!!
Quote:
Quote:
thanks Mr8820, but I have been in this thread for a while and am well aware of the *228 option 3 no longer working. However, it is no longer working for non-branded TP's that ARE NOT in the DMD data base. I got a tech to add my Sprint TP's MEID into the VZW DMD. (if you read the thread). I did finally get the *228 to work, but still no data. In EPST, my HA, and AAA are still blank after everything.
Quote:
Here is what i have;

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

Now in EPST, go to MIP default profile and edit the information on your phone to match these settings:

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI: mynumber@vzw3g.com (MDN@vzw3g.com)
DUN NAI: (if entry is there enter MDN@vzw3g.com so you can tether without a tethering package or MDN@dun.vzw3g.com if you want paid tethering))
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 0 (requires a "2" here for 6800 and 6900)
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. But you need to let me know what error message you are getting when you try to connect. If it is says anything about the username/password when you try to connect then I am absolutely certain you need a DMU reset. Any other error and you *may* need to have them reset your DMU. If all else fails cal in and tell them you are getting a username/password error until someone does DMU reset. Mesing with my phone as much as I did when I got it activated it I had to have it reset a dozen times or more...I just told them it was a username and password issue and that it was my fault because I kept "wiping" my phone when they got curious as to how many times I was calling about the same issue. But just telling them you are getting a username and password error and that you have the correct username/password in the DUN connection and they should do it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. But you need to let me know what error message you are getting when you try to connect. If it is says anything about the username/password when you try to connect then I am absolutely certain you need a DMU reset. Any other error and you *may* need to have them reset your DMU. If all else fails cal in and tell them you are getting a username/password error until someone does DMU reset. Mesing with my phone as much as I did when I got it activated it I had to have it reset a dozen times or more...I just told them it was a username and password issue and that it was my fault because I kept "wiping" my phone when they got curious as to how many times I was calling about the same issue. But just telling them you are getting a username and password error and that you have the correct username/password in the DUN connection and they should do it.
First off... thank you so much for responding. I am having the "error 67" issue. I have had two DMU resets and nothing. When I go into QPST, in the EFS Explorer i see that i have no DMU file and no ERI file. So i hooked up my VZW TP and copied both DMU and ERI files to my PC. Then i hooked back up Sprint TP to QSPT and added both of the files into their correct folders. But now I have no idea what to do. Thoughts???

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro