PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimezq8 View Post
Are there any esn changing options for the Sprint Touch Pro? cdma-WS lets me see the esn, ive tried to change it to my current Verizon Touch esn but it will not take the write to command. Should i be trying to change the meid instead? Also anyone know if i need the verizon radio and or rom before doing the esn change? I would like to help make this possible for everyone. Thanks
You're not going to find any help on this here. ESN cloning is illegal.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
considering flashing a vzw spl may brick your device how did the device get unbricked and is the MEID wiped from the tpro memory? that's actually an important question

verizon spl unlock on a sprint I assumed it would lead to instant bricking...
Curious. Why did you quote me? I said nothing about flashing a VZW SPL. I assumed dehx had simply mispoke.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

NOTE TO ADMIN: PLEASE REMOVE THE " (NO LONGER WORKING) " from the title of this thread, it is no longer true.

I just went the verizon phone activation page, entered my IMEI number and it activated.

Grabbed my Sprint Touch Pro, dialed *228 and pressed 1, and the phone was programmed.

So now people, don't give up give on trying to get your Sprint Touch Pro on the verizon network. I didn't hack my phone, and I didn't do anything illegal, like changing the ESN or anything (although I was researching, in case verizon didn't follow through, lol ).

Just to lay it out simple, here is what I did, and a small timeline of events.

Tuesday, April 28: I flashed the Sprint HardSPL Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 to my phone, along with the Psyki rom.

Wednesday, April 29.
I called verizon tech support at 1-800-922-0204, entered the 10 digit number I wanted to get the sprint touch pro on, then option 3 for tech support, then option 4 for PDA's, then option 2 for non-blackberry PDA's. After someone answered I told them that I had a Sprint Touch Pro that I took to a Verizon Technician here in town and he flashed it with the verizon software, and said my phone was ready to be used on the verizon network and all I needed to do was have the ESN added to the DMD verizon database. I gave the lady the IMEI and the ESN, which according to them are the same number, the ESN, which is from the MFG is run through a cipher of some sort and outputs an IMEI, which is on the back of your phone. I have a moto q that was on verizon, it had no IMEI number, and the activation page took the raw ESN, just a little fyi. Anyhow, the lady said it would take up to 24-48 hours for the IMEI to be added.

Today, May 1st, exactly 48 hours to the hour from when I called them on wednesday, it activated on the online page. The trick to getting it done is this.. KEEP CALLING TECH SUPPORT UNTIL YOU GET SOMEONE WHO IS WILLING TO HELP YOU AND NOT CUT YOUR BALLS OFF AT THE FRONT DOOR.

I had to call 3 times, and got repeatedly told no, until I found the person who was willing to submit the IMEI number for activation. THERE ARE SOME TECH SUPPORT PERSONELL WHO ARE UNEDUCATED ABOUT IMEI, ESN AND ACTIVATION, SO DONT GIVE UP, KEEP CALLING UNTIL YOU GET TO A SMART TECH SUPPORT REP.

So anyhow, I'm off to go play with my Sprint TP on the BEST DAMN 3G NETWORK AROUND... HAHA!

Last edited by dehx; 05-01-2009 at 04:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
considering flashing a vzw spl may brick your device how did the device get unbricked and is the MEID wiped from the tpro memory? that's actually an important question

verizon spl unlock on a sprint I assumed it would lead to instant bricking...
Not true... I had the Verizon HARD SPL from Elite team on my phone and I just finished putting the Sprint Elite HARD SPL on it, they both work.

I didn't try that on my Verizon (*cough* *gag*) touch pro (which I am returning today for a full refund... woot!)
Old 05-02-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bump.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Rockin Dehx!! Congrats. This leaves a little light in my window of hope. I called on Thursday night and politely had a tech add my Sp TP to their DMD. I will try and activate tonight (48 hours later).

Thanks again
Old 05-02-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I got my confirmation from VZW that they added my Sprint TP's MEID into their database. Went online to activate and volla!
Now, I still do not have Data :/ I tried forcing into 1X and run data to update my HA/AAA Shared, but no luck. They are still blank and i still cannot use Data. Any thoughts?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Awesome! We need to get the Title on this thread changed, perhaps make it a sticky?

Data did not work on mine at first either... try flashing the verizon 1.03.03 radio to your phone, and do *228 option 1 and option 2. THis fixed it for me, although some programs still insist I am roaming, I wannna punch em in the face lol.

Last edited by dehx; 05-03-2009 at 01:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here ya go, I included the radio in an attachment below. This is the radio I am using. And I am getting 1.8-2.4 Megabit results on www.mobilespeedtest.com

Verizon's 3G rocks!

P.S., just to confirm, this is a verizon radio on a Sprint touch pro and it works fine, so I can confirm that this WILL NOT BRICK your phone.
Attached Files
File Type: rar VZW Raphael Shipped rom v1.03.03v R.rar (5.87 MB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

He1l yes! Thanks dude. Your attached rar is the full shipped ROM. Did you flash the whole shipped ROM or just the shipped Radio? do you have just the radio you were talking about?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro