PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

stemo76 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post
BUMP

Ok, I just bought a Sprint Touch Pro from a seller, called verizon and they gave me the whole crap about "OH sorry that doesn't work with our network " typical bs. So I went home and flashed the Verizon Stock rom and and Verizon Radio to my Sprint touch pro.(***WARNING**** DO NOT FLASH THE VERIZON SPL TO YOUR SPRINT TP, IT WILL ERASE THE IMEI# FROM YOUR PHONE AND WILL KEEP THE VERIZON NETWORK FROM BEING ABLE TO SEE YOUR PHONE, I DID THIS AND HAD TO MANUALLY EDIT MY PHONE NVR TO THE IMEI # AGAIN BEFORE ANYTHING WOULD WORK) *228 dials and works so I know I am connected to verizon. Next step: I load up QSPT and copy over the ERI file and the UMD file to the sprint, I checked and changed all the settings in ESPT compared to my verizon TP. Tried to activate and it still wouldnt work. *228 options 1 thru 3 still not working.

I called verizon tech support (***IMPORTANT*** DO NOT CALL REGULAR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! CALL THIS NUMBER: 1-800-922-0204 AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS FOR TECH SUPPORT UNTIL YOU GET TO TECH SUPPORT FOR BLACKBERRY AND OTHER PDAs) I complained that my "Alltel" TP (*wink* which is really a Sprint, I did this because they constantly fought me as soon as they heard the word sprint) wasnt activating and that I needed to have this phone on my plan, and that the IMEI was not showing up to activate, for some reason. I also told her that the phone was 100% compatible as a verizon tech (*wink* hehe) Flashed all the verizon software to the phone and said I need to call tech support to add the IMEI to the database. The tech immediately asked me for the IMEI (hex, not DEC) # and she said it would take up to 24hrs. for the Database to be updated, I am waiting for the confirmation call and I am constantly trying to activate the Sprint phone.

I will post here with an update should everything work... or not work. We may have a new backdoor gentlemen.
I followed the instuctions above, told them it was an alltel phone and they put in the request to have the number added to teh database. Hopefully tomorrow or friday I will be able to activate my phone.

Dialing *228 option 3 and waiting for a tech didn't do any good. they tell me there is no way to add this phone to their network.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

stemo76 is a n00b

My "Alltel" phone is now working. Dialled the *228 option 3 and it took it. So less then one day after getting the right person and telling them the right story its working.

Now have to work on verifying GPS and AGPS functions.

thanks to all the people that contributed useful information to this thread. wish we could purge all the Sprint/Verizon is better into a different one so the info would be easier to locate.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemo76 View Post
My "Alltel" phone is now working. Dialled the *228 option 3 and it took it. So less then one day after getting the right person and telling them the right story its working.

Now have to work on verifying GPS and AGPS functions.

thanks to all the people that contributed useful information to this thread. wish we could purge all the Sprint/Verizon is better into a different one so the info would be easier to locate.
AGPS won't work but you don't need it. They have now made it so the AGPS authenticates at the server level. Just use Bored's fix and you'll be able to get multiple sats easy every time.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post

I called verizon tech support (***IMPORTANT*** DO NOT CALL REGULAR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! CALL THIS NUMBER: 1-800-922-0204 AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS FOR TECH SUPPORT UNTIL YOU GET TO TECH SUPPORT FOR BLACKBERRY AND OTHER PDAs) I complained that my "Alltel" TP (*wink* which is really a Sprint, I did this because they constantly fought me as soon as they heard the word sprint) wasnt activating and that I needed to have this phone on my plan, and that the IMEI was not showing up to activate, for some reason. I also told her that the phone was 100% compatible as a verizon tech (*wink* hehe) Flashed all the verizon software to the phone and said I need to call tech support to add the IMEI to the database. The tech immediately asked me for the IMEI (hex, not DEC) # and she said it would take up to 24hrs. for the Database to be updated, I am waiting for the confirmation call and I am constantly trying to activate the Sprint phone.
Just wanted to report that this did the trick for me as well! I had to call the above number three times before I got a tech who helped me. The trick was to lead with "Need my MEID added to the DMD". The first two didn't know what I was talking about - I stayed polite but basically got off the phone as soon as I could. The third said they'd be glad to help me. Was called back 24 hours later with the good news and am now up and running.

Thanks to all who continued to post on this - I'm a happy camper right now and would have given up if not for this thread.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

digitalr0gue is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gravity View Post
I think there should be a law put into place that says, cellular companies should not be allowed to "Force" you to buy there equipment if you already own a device that will work on their network....What if Your home telephone company was allowed to do the same! You would have to buy all new phones for your home? That would be rediculous right? Well, what is the difference? Why should cellular companies be allowed to do this?
Sounds like the beginnings of an interesting class action lawsuit
Old 05-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalr0gue View Post
Sounds like the beginnings of an interesting class action lawsuit

Remember Bell/ATT? Yeah...same ****, different face. Not too long ago you were REQUIRED to use the phones that Bell/ATT provided you, nothing else. It's the reason the antitrust/anti-competition lawsuit happened and now we can use whatever damn phone we want as a landline. It's just a matter of time...
Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Any way to get my newly activated TP to display Verizon as the carrier instead of Sprint? I did some searching on NAM codes and so on, but no obvious solution.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve View Post
Any way to get my newly activated TP to display Verizon as the carrier instead of Sprint? I did some searching on NAM codes and so on, but no obvious solution.
If you can figure out how to successfuly install a VZW PRI on a Sprint TP it will work. No one seems to have figured this out yet.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PALM PRE
Carrier: VERIZON

gurrumino is just getting started

Quote:
what i'd suggest you to do is leave the sprint PRI and use a modified PRL from verizon that works perfectly with the sprint PRI.... in this forum there's a thread specially made to publish those PRLs...

Then, you can use CDMA workshop to change the banner... i'm pretty sure that there are other free apps that can do it too... CDMA workshops is not free. btw, I changed this banner to a different "phrase" company names just s*ck
Old 05-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
There is a prog called personalizer which will let you change the name. I have mine say touch pro instead of sprint. it is at the bottom of this post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=337
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro