View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 PM
schteve
N00b

schteve is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post

I called verizon tech support (***IMPORTANT*** DO NOT CALL REGULAR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! CALL THIS NUMBER: 1-800-922-0204 AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS FOR TECH SUPPORT UNTIL YOU GET TO TECH SUPPORT FOR BLACKBERRY AND OTHER PDAs) I complained that my "Alltel" TP (*wink* which is really a Sprint, I did this because they constantly fought me as soon as they heard the word sprint) wasnt activating and that I needed to have this phone on my plan, and that the IMEI was not showing up to activate, for some reason. I also told her that the phone was 100% compatible as a verizon tech (*wink* hehe) Flashed all the verizon software to the phone and said I need to call tech support to add the IMEI to the database. The tech immediately asked me for the IMEI (hex, not DEC) # and she said it would take up to 24hrs. for the Database to be updated, I am waiting for the confirmation call and I am constantly trying to activate the Sprint phone.
Just wanted to report that this did the trick for me as well! I had to call the above number three times before I got a tech who helped me. The trick was to lead with "Need my MEID added to the DMD". The first two didn't know what I was talking about - I stayed polite but basically got off the phone as soon as I could. The third said they'd be glad to help me. Was called back 24 hours later with the good news and am now up and running.

Thanks to all who continued to post on this - I'm a happy camper right now and would have given up if not for this thread.